Black man shot and killed in Georgia while jogging

ctown81

Just now, ctown81 said:

You misread. I said " do you just sit there and get shot?"  I was posting a question. Obviously he wasn't going to do that. They chased him AND then cut him off with weapons.  That's normal behavior to you? What should he had done? I would have fought too.

Well, since I am a law abiding citizen, had they told me that they were conducting a citizen’s arrest, I would have complied, allowed the process to clear me of all charges AND LIVED.

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Well, since I am a law abiding citizen, had they told me that they were conducting a citizen’s arrest, I would have complied, allowed the process to clear me of all charges AND LIVED.

I have not carried a gun to a school event & been put on parole & then Violated that parole by stealing a television; Nor would I trespass on a construction site & flee when told the police were enroute & make myself look even More guilty.

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I call HUGE BS on all that, as you would first not ever be jogging anywhere, that scenario would never happen for a old white person, if you were rambling along, and you wouldn't have just gone along with two men accosting you with a 'citizen's arrest' like they were Gomer Pyle. No person in their right mind would have, much less a cantankerous old gal like yourself, Blanche. 

• Stinks 1

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I would never attack anyone with a weapon pointed at me unless they broke into my home etc with an intent to harm.  

however, if I were the one with the weapon, I also wouldn’t point it at someone without thinking I was about to be harmed...  

no one seems to be able to answer this...  in a 2 v 1 situation, why is your instinct to shoot instead of just kicking the holy living piss out of him?  I’ve been the victim of a 2 v 1 fight.  I took down one guy and as soon as I went down with him I was taking punts to the chest.  

defending this shooting is stupid and not worth the fight.  Whether it was premeditated or predetermined or just an after thought, the shooters ###### up and are guilty of killing an unarmed man that they tried to serve justice on outside of their actual duties.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

I would never attack anyone with a weapon pointed at me unless they broke into my home etc with an intent to harm.  

however, if I were the one with the weapon, I also wouldn’t point it at someone without thinking I was about to be harmed...  

no one seems to be able to answer this...  in a 2 v 1 situation, why is your instinct to shoot instead of just kicking the holy living out of him?  I’ve been the victim of a 2 v 1 fight.  I took down one guy and as soon as I went down with him I was taking punts to the chest.  

defending this shooting is stupid and not worth the fight.  Whether it was premeditated or predetermined or just an after thought, the shooters ###### up and are guilty of killing an unarmed man that they tried to serve justice on outside of their actual duties.

A citizen’s arrest is a lawful act.

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

This was a “fluid” act, in that several things were taking place simultaneously; Arbery’s best thing to do was stop & allow the process to clear him, if in fact he was innocent... Beats dying in the street. As I said, Bad Choices were made here.

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I call HUGE BS on all that, as you would first not ever be jogging anywhere, that scenario would never happen for a old white person, if you were rambling along, and you wouldn't have just gone along with two men accosting you with a 'citizen's arrest' like they were Gomer Pyle. No person in their right mind would have, much less a cantankerous old gal like yourself, Blanche. 

Call it whatever you like, Barry... As I stated above, I would have never placed myself in this situation by having a criminal record, including a parole violation, which I feel certain was what was on Arbery’s mind when he charged the man with the shotgun. Innocent people have no fear of the law.

9 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

This was a “fluid” act, in that several things were taking place simultaneously; Arbery’s best thing to do was stop & allow the process to clear him, if in fact he was innocent... Beats dying in the street. As I said, Bad Choices were made here.

So someone is chasing you down with guns, you should stop? Really? Also, you mean to tell me both men knew his criminal history? I'm still trying to see in what world is it ok to chase someone with a vehicle, while armed. Remember this person is running away and self defense is used as the excuse?

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So someone is chasing you down with guns, you should stop? Really? Also, you mean to tell me both men knew his criminal history? I'm still trying to see in what world is it ok to chase someone with a vehicle, while armed. Remember this person is running away and self defense is used as the excuse?

Yes, the father Did know his criminal history, from what I have seen.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/us/ahmaud-arbery-mcmichael-arrests-friday/index.html

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Yes, the father Did know his criminal history, from what I have seen.

When did this background check happen. Don't believe that story from him at all.  There was no time to do that.

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Shooting them is not.

As I said in my first post on this topic; If the video was all there was to decide on, I could convict both of them for murder. However, this case has much more to consider than we know. Let the process run it’s course before rendering a hasty verdict. If the facts bear out a charge of murder, then so be it. I will have no qualms with the jury’s verdict because they will know all of the Facts that we are all SPECULATING on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I have not carried a gun to a school event & been put on parole & then Violated that parole by stealing a television; Nor would I trespass on a construction site & flee when told the police were enroute & make myself look even More guilty.

So they were already doing their own investigation into Arbery? How would the 2 armed individuals have this much info on Arbery.... sounds like to me they wanted to take matters into their own hands and i hope they get murder

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

You tell me.   Never saw him throw anything.

You tell me. Now are you trying to dispute he wasn't jogging or you think the actions were justified by the two men ?

I am only saying it’s not murder, and he wasn’t just jogging. 
The tragic situation that unfolded shouldn’t have went that way and they deserve jail time for it.

the only reason I make the point about not jogging is because the media is hyping this false narrative for outrage. I have posted proof he wasn’t just jogging and multiple reasons That support that opinion. 

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I am going to have to call :BS: on that statement. I don't a single person on this planet, yet on this board that is going to comply with someone when they come up and say they are going to make a citizen's arrest. I know that I wouldn't, and I would even bet my old friend Barry wouldn't either. You need me arrested, call the cops, call the sheriff, but I am not surrendering to any citizen--soviet or american. 

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

as you would first not ever be jogging anywhere, that scenario would never happen for a old white person

While I agreed with the rest of your statement, I do take offense with this one, I'm and old white person and I jog Mon-Thur, & Sat. Since the gym has closed down. LOL So I don't want to be put in that group. LOL. 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m hauling all kinds of azz if guns are pointed at me and don’t have nothing to shoot back with. Uniformed officers I’ll stay put but other that I’m going to show off my 5.9 40 speed. 

Dude, that's blazing. LOL 

49 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I am going to have to call :BS: on that statement. I don't a single person on this planet, yet on this board that is going to comply with someone when they come up and say they are going to make a citizen's arrest. I know that I wouldn't, and I would even bet my old friend Barry wouldn't either. You need me arrested, call the cops, call the sheriff, but I am not surrendering to any citizen--soviet or american. 

To each his own. If faced with armed individuals who told me they had called the police, I wouldn’t necessarily GO anywhere but I would wait for the cops.

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Call it whatever you like, Barry... As I stated above, I would have never placed myself in this situation by having a criminal record, including a parole violation, which I feel certain was what was on Arbery’s mind when he charged the man with the shotgun. Innocent people have no fear of the law.

I have something for you... and you let me know if I should be shot... for it... give me 15 minutes...  

THat picture above is my neighborhood right now.  We regularly visit homes in the neighborhood still under construction to see what we could have done, what we might do, what their house will look like compared to ours...

Should I be shot for doing this?  Should I be put under "citizen's arrest" for looking?  

We are on the same side on a lot of things, but this is f-in ridiculous.

• Like 1