The Smoakhouse Forums
ctown81

Black man shot and killed in Georgia while jogging

21 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

What felony offense did Arbery commit or was caught committing?

All he could have been charged with is trespass of a building under construction.  I tried to look those laws up in Georgia, but couldn't find them on the internet.  I've seen the video now, and the only way I think the guys could possibly be found innocent is because he did so.  It's going  to come down to the jury and how they decide if they are innocent or guilty.   

18 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

That question has yet to be answered.  I've still not seen an answer to whether or not the victim has a criminal record related to burglary or other property crimes.

6 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

All he could have been charged with is trespass of a building under construction.  I tried to look those laws up in Georgia, but couldn't find them on the internet.  I've seen the video now, and the only way I think the guys could possibly be found innocent is because he did so.  It's going  to come down to the jury and how they decide if they are innocent or guilty.   

The Georgia trespass statute is there and a misdemeanor. It’s even questionable if this was a CT under Georgia law.

You ever stopped and looked in on a house under construction? Hell I have many times and didn’t get shot. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Crickets

6 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The Georgia trespass statute is there and a misdemeanor. It’s even questionable if this was a CT under Georgia law.

You ever stopped and looked in on a house under construction? Hell I have many times and didn’t get shot. 

could've been trying to ask a question or something, but they suspect burglary

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Since Ga lawmakers passed the law saying that citizens can attempt a citizens arrest if the suspect is caught committing a felony.  I've still not seen one way or the other whether the victim had a criminal record related to property crimes such as burglary. Have you not been paying any attention at all?  Or did you make your mind up immediately when you learned that the victim was black and those that were arrested are white?

I'd line em both up and shotgun them as well 

11 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

I used to as a kid, and we'd use boards that they left laying around to make ramps with the bricks that were there.  We would do that even when the construction workers were there. and they actually encouraged us.  I suppose they liked it when we would wipe out.  I haven't been in an home that was being built since except for relatives that were building their own homes.  

I've already stated what I would do to them, but many are calling for just jail time ?  

23 minutes ago, JETT said:

could've been trying to ask a question or something, but they suspect burglary

Since my last post I've learned the victim was convicted for stealing a tv from walmart in 2017.  He was also arrested and convicted in high school for bringing a gun to school.  One of the accused shooters is a former cop.  Might he had already known who the victim was given he already had convictions related to theft and firearms?  These are mitigating questions that need to be answered before we just "line em up and shotgun em as well."

22 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Do you have a criminal convictions related to theft and bringing guns to school?  If so,  I'd be more careful if I were you.  

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Do you have a criminal convictions related to theft and bringing guns to school?  If so,  I'd be more careful if I were you.  

I have neither.  What do any priors have to do with gunning down an unarmed man who at the most may have committed a trespass?

5 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

I have neither.  What do any priors have to do with gunning down an unarmed man who at the most may have committed a trespass?

Given his prior record,  is it not logical to assume he may be armed?  Especially if he was already known by the former cop.  That's really a crucial question here.  Was he and his criminal past known by the former cop?  If not,  they'll have no leg to stand on whatsoever.

14 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Given his prior record,  is it not logical to assume he may be armed?  Especially if he was already known by the former cop.

The 911 recordings are very clear in that neither caller stated Arbery was armed or was suspected of being armed. The video clearly shows his hands are empty and there are no furtive gestures on his part so no, it is not "logical" to believe Arbery might be armed.  If the retired DA investigator knew Arbery then one could reasonably argue that he would have called out Arbery by his name or informed the 911 operator who Arbery was.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The 911 recordings are very clear in that neither caller stated Arbery was armed or was suspected of being armed. The video clearly shows his hands are empty and there are no furtive gestures on his part so no, it is not "logical" to believe Arbery might be armed.  If the retired DA investigator knew Arbery then one could reasonably argue that he would have called out Arbery by his name or informed the 911 operator who Arbery was.

If what you say is true,  then it will come to light during the trial.

These punks took matters in to their own hands and I hope they rot in H3!!, @DAWG91 no matter what questions you keep asking yourself these rednecks decided to go out and do law enforcements job and kill the man, the intention was to kill or they wouldn't have had the gun out, you keep saying maybe the former cop knew he "may be armed" that would give me a reason to not approach the subject and just keep an eye on him til cops show up, instead they "suspected" he was armed and approached him with their gun and killed him (3) shots SMFH 

21 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

If what you say is true,  then it will come to light during the trial.

if I were the judge I'd make an example out of these rednecks 

you kill, you shall be killed.... there was no self defense in this case it was plain murder.... i know ppl who have a background , i guess I should stop their crimes and committ manslaughter as some think this may be

@JETT At least I'm asking more questions than "were they white?"  Keep up the good fight.  May justice prevail.

Just now, DAWG91 said:

@JETT At least I'm asking more questions than "were they white?"  Keep up the good fight.  May justice prevail.

that was a no Brainer from the jump, took 2+ months for them to arrest them.... post me article or something of black guys killing white person and being free for 2+ months ill be waiting :munch:

8 minutes ago, JETT said:

These punks took matters in to their own hands and I hope they rot in H3!!, @DAWG91 no matter what questions you keep asking yourself these rednecks decided to go out and do law enforcements job and kill the man, the intention was to kill or they wouldn't have had the gun out, you keep saying maybe the former cop knew he "may be armed" that would give me a reason to not approach the subject and just keep an eye on him til cops show up, instead they "suspected" he was armed and approached him with their gun and killed him (3) shots SMFH 

I do believe Jett the 3rd individual, Roddy, may about to get hooked up. That or he’s gonna cut a deal and burn the other two. Stay tuned my man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoHogg said:

Police report I read said they had security footage of a burglar weeks prior reach into his pants as tho he was armed. Not saying the thought it was him or not but the charged people did have a gun stole from them a month prior. 

11 minutes ago, JETT said:

that was a no Brainer from the jump, took 2+ months for them to arrest them.... post me article or something of black guys killing white person and being free for 2+ months ill be waiting :munch:

I've got a better question.  How many black men were killed by other black men on the same day of this shooting?  I bet it was more than one. But you keep up the good fight. There's your "no-brainer."

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I've got a better question.  How many black men were killed by other black men on the same day of this shooting?  I bet it was more than one. But you keep up the good fight. There's your "no-brainer."

#HILARIOUS

#DEFLECTION

I had a bad feeling that the quibbling and the deflection would start, sooner or later. I was sadly not disappointed. 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

I had a bad feeling that the quibbling and the deflection would start, sooner or later. I was sadly not disappointed. 

Yep

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am just looking forward to Election Day seeing cry and whine it’s not fair. Recount blame the Russians, I am moving ect....

• Roll Eyes 1