Black man shot and killed in Georgia while jogging

ctown81

WOW! Just saw the surveillance video.  Heck I need to stop looking at new constructions myself.  Curiosity shouldn't get you killed. 

1. He was seen looking at a reconstruction but clearly didn't take anything.

2. He was clearly jogging.

I get the law but it needs to be changed. They jumped in their vehicles and chased this man with weapons. Plus everyone seems to be an expert on what you're supposed to do when someone has a gun all of a sudden. The guy in the video speculated that you only take someone's gun to kill them. Well....could you take it so they wouldn't kill you?

52 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So, if someone has no business walking into another person’s property, yet doesn’t “take anything” that is okay? No, it isn’t; That’s called “Trespassing” & is against the law.

Would it have been okay if the owner had been there & shot & killed him inside the house? Would this be Headline news then? It makes one wonder.

Chasing someone down with a gun is justified at that point?

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I'm sure this is also correct.  Wonder why these stories aren't front page news?  Maybe because they lack the sensationalism that the media is looking for?  My question asking how many blacks were killed by other blacks on the same day goes along with this.  Where's the outrage and calls for justice for these victims?  They deserve justice also,  but lack the explosiveness of the "redneck kills  black man" narrative.  #ALL_Lives_Matter

I forgot to reply to this. First off, I see where you're coming from looking at it from a legal standpoint, which I see your point and they could get off for those various reasons you posted about. Now let me address the narrative. The only time you see protest is when someone of color gets killed and gets away with it. That's the problem. In all of these police shootings, the upsetting thing is that a lot of people are not being held accountable.  That's why this is front page news. If the roles were reversed, someone would have to pay and sometimes they literally just pick someone who has a criminal past to throw in jail. (plenty of cases that were overturned years later due to this). Heck in college, I was almost a victim of a random arrest to appease people. I've said it many times. Black on black crime usually ends in a jail sentence.  So in all, people only protest when there is a lack of punishment.

9 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

WOW! Just saw the surveillance video.  Heck I need to stop looking at new constructions myself.  Curiosity shouldn't get you killed. 

1. He was seen looking at a reconstruction but clearly didn't take anything.

2. He was clearly jogging.

I get the law but it needs to be changed. They jumped in their vehicles and chased this man with weapons. Plus everyone seems to be an expert on what you're supposed to do when someone has a gun all of a sudden. The guy in the video speculated that you only take someone's gun to kill them. Well....could you take it so they wouldn't kill you?

Def not just a “jogger”

and The other video of different times him being around along with reports of multiple break ins? 
Walked up to the house stood in the driveway and looked around before walking around back. And then left running?  Still just looking a new construction?

3 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Def not just a “jogger”

and The other video of different times him being around along with reports of multiple break ins? 
Walked up to the house stood in the driveway and looked around before walking around back. And then left running?  Still just looking a new construction?

Dude, YOU posted the video and I responded to it. Maybe you should have posted a video of the driveway incident or did i miss it? 

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I posted a link, it’s a few pages back. I’ll see if I can find it again. 

Yeah i watched all of the video that i replied to. So what about the obviously doctored footage that cuts out a little time between the jogging and shooting?

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Yeah i watched all of the video that i replied to. So what about the obviously doctored footage that cuts out a little time between the jogging and shooting?

Yea all the mainstream videos are cut in from the sides. I’ll look for the full frame one also

3 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yea all the mainstream videos are cut in from the sides. I’ll look for the full frame one also

Another question. How did the neighborhood task force/neighborhood watch/or whatever blame him for the other two burglaries.  Also find it funny that there are no records of one and the other involves the suspect. That doesn't seem fishy to you? I think it's safe to say that i probably would have been chased down also, if i looked inside that house that day.  

By “the guy,” he meant the person responsible for what some in the neighborhood have described as two burglaries. Larry English, a man building a home in the McMichaels’ neighborhood, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year, but he never reported the theft, he told the Daily Beast. The second was reported to police by Travis McMichael, who said a 9mm pistol was stolen on January 1 from a vehicle parked outside his home.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Another question. How did the neighborhood task force/neighborhood watch/or whatever blame him for the other two burglaries.  Also find it funny that there are no records of one and the other involves the suspect. That doesn't seem fishy to you? I think it's safe to say that i probably would have been chased down also, if i looked inside that house that day.  

By “the guy,” he meant the person responsible for what some in the neighborhood have described as two burglaries. Larry English, a man building a home in the McMichaels’ neighborhood, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year, but he never reported the theft, he told the Daily Beast. The second was reported to police by Travis McMichael, who said a 9mm pistol was stolen on January 1 from a vehicle parked outside his home.

McMichael said on 911 or police report that he recognized him from security camera footage. 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, ctown81 said:

But how does that give a former cop and his son the right  to draw weapons? In essence, they were the armed and dangerous ones. Plus, if stealing a TV and bring a gun to school almost a decade ago is all they have, these men are going to prison. whole thing could have been avoided by calling the cops.

I don't mind them drawing weapons on a suspected thief...  I draw the lines on citizens pulling the trigger.  As a former cop, he should know that you don't pull the trigger unless they are threatening your life with a weapon.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I don't mind them drawing weapons on a suspected thief...  I draw the lines on citizens pulling the trigger.  As a former cop, he should know that you don't pull the trigger unless they are threatening your life with a weapon.

When he tried to take the shotgun away from him, he was doing exactly that...

You tell me.   Never saw him throw anything.

53 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

What is this stuff in the road?? 

50C6D68F-EB6E-4855-A196-8FCAB1097660.jpeg

You tell me. Now are you trying to dispute he wasn't jogging or you think the actions were justified by the two men ?

6 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

When he tried to take the shotgun away from him, he was doing exactly that...

So do you just sit there and get shot? How should you react to getting chased down by armed men?

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So do you just sit there and get shot? How should you react to getting chased down by armed men?

Really? He just “sat there?” Or did you see him charge a man with a shotgun & attempt to take it from him? Had he succeeded, he probably would have shot the man who was Legally possessing that shotgun. 

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Really? He just “sat there?” Or did you see him charge a man with a shotgun & attempt to take it from him? Had he succeeded, he probably would have shot the man who was Legally possessing that shotgun. 

You misread. I said " do you just sit there and get shot?"  I was posting a question. Obviously he wasn't going to do that. They chased him AND then cut him off with weapons.  That's normal behavior to you? What should he had done? I would have fought too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The attorney for the homeowners, Elizabeth Graddy, says the homeowners did not have any relationship with the McMichaels, who are facing charges related to Arbery's death.

Graddy released this statement:

"First, and most important, the English family -- the homeowners -- want Ahmaud Arbery's parents to know that they are very sorry for the loss of their son and they are praying for them.

Second, it is crucial to understand that the English family -- the homeowners -- were not part of what the McMichaels did. The first accounts suggested a link between the McMichaels and the homeowners, but there is none. The English family had no relationship with the McMichaels and did not even know what had occurred until after Mr. Arbery's death was reported to them. 

After seeing Mr. Arbery's photo in news reports, Larry English did not even think Mr. Arbery was the person that appears in this video. Even if it had been, however, Mr. English would never have sought a vigilante response, much less one resulting in a tragic death."

so the person with the right to be upset doesn't even condone it?