Tennessee Recruiting

Stoney

What in the heck is going on? #2 ranked class. 9 4* or better. 8 of those within the past 3 weeks. For a coach coming off a 8-5 record (13-12 in two years) in 2019. Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

The new Ole Miss . Hopefully not the bad parts. UT is up and coming. I wouldn’t be shocked if they beat Alabama or won the sec East.

They have a message that is working right now. They will take their rightful place and finish somewhere near the middle of the SEC East in recruiting in February 

52 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Agree but really only Florida has proved and Georgia as only contenders for the East . Mizzou and South Carolina are similar programs. Streaks are eventually broken and the Alabama strong hold will run out against Tennessee. Couple of more recruiting cycles can get interesting. The vols have gotten some quality transfers and a stout offensive line. I would be surprised if they didn’t win 8 games are more. 

BYU, Georgia State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Kentucky...  What do all of these schools have in common?

They are all teams that have beat Tennessee the past 3 years.  What else do they have in common?

Good, up and coming teams do not regularly lose to these schools.

Tennessee is a middle of the pack SEC school that may catch lightning in a bucket every once in a while, but they have a .333 record vs the SEC West the past 3 years.  They have been pathetic and many of these guys will jump ship if LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida all come knocking.

My best guess is that Tennessee has some huge holes to fill.  Meaning that there is a lot of competition for starting spots on this SEC squad that typically finishes with a bowl game.  Pruitt is still fresh on the job, so he can sell his message and pitiful season as "The old staff left me with nothing."  That will wear off at some point when the teams with rings come calling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

That 5* LB that they just got apparently has some red flags.  None of big Florida schools would take him and the rumor on SEC rant is he was kicked out of school, hence the transfer of schools.

I thought A&M was in good shape for him. Then he commits to Tennessee. You start reading the tea leaves and hear that A&M may have quietly backed off of him because of the off field stuff. 

I still can’t get over how Tennessee couldn’t take advantage of Richt’s mediocre last years and Florida being down after the Meyer years. Butch Jones had Alvin Kamara and couldn’t figure out to feed him the ball. Okay, I lied. Now I can see why. Lol Tennessee wants to roll the dice on talented players with off field issues. That’s either going to work or blow up in their face.