Next OC at Daingerfield

30 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Is the board hiring the OC? Y’all making it out like the second coming of Bill Walsh is the new OC. Hard for me to believe Nelson is the one bringing this bright and shining star in. 

Speaking of Walsh, how’s that new West Coast offense looking in bull land?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Carthage is great and all but will Nelson let him implement his own offense?

Will Nelson and coaches say this is how we do it or will they be open to learning and let him use   FB/TE? 

Will they let him change personnel during games? 

In my opinion if they are open and willing to let him bring his system this will be a great hire, but if he is limited by Nelson or current staff he should stay at Carthage or find a coordinator job that will let him run what has been proven to be most diverse offense since 2009 in East Texas and arguably Texas! 

Last thought: Daingerfield has the skill and lineman coming through every year just like Carthage, and could get back on top on a hurry if this works out! Good luck to the young man they hired and Im praying Nelson doesn’t hold him back. Just let him come work and utilize the extra time UIL will provide for football this summer if that happens Daingerfield will have a damn good shot a being crowned in December!

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m no Daingerfield fan but I do respect the history of the program. I hope he is big on working with the offensive lineman. If Daingerfield could develop their line Katy bar the door. Jeter and Craver are crazy good with no blocking whatsoever. The line play was terrible yet they made big play after big play. Imagine what they could do with designed holes to run through instead of just running for their lives. Put those two in the Slot T and they’d break every single rushing record on the books. Even if they didn’t play the 4th quarter. Crazy athletes. 

You say the line needs work? How is getting in the Slot T gonna help???  If they can't block with five or six in the box, how are they gonna block with nine or ten???  I've watched the video you can see on Max Preps and HUDL and their line isn't terrible.  You want to get those athletes in space so they can do their thing, Slot T doesn't allow that. 

2 minutes ago, westcoast54 said:

You say the line needs work? How is getting in the Slot T gonna help???  If they can't block with five or six in the box, how are they gonna block with nine or ten???  I've watched the video you can see on Max Preps and HUDL and their line isn't terrible.  You want to get those athletes in space so they can do their thing, Slot T doesn't allow that. 

Slot T so there hiring the QB coach who was at PG for a year and came to Carthage last year? If so disregard everything I said lol this may not be as good. Slot T in DF would be a wasting athletes in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BeastTexasFB1972 said:

Slot T so there hiring the QB coach who was at PG for a year and came to Carthage last year? If so disregard everything I said lol this may not be as good. Slot T in DF would be a wasting athletes in my opinion. 

It it’s who I think it is he is/was not a QB Coach and did not come to Carthage last year from PG.  And I don’t think he will want to run the slot T.

40 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It it’s who I think it is he is/was not a QB Coach and did not come to Carthage last year from PG.  And I don’t think he will want to run the slot T.

So not the Qb coach, what position did he coach on offense skill or lineman give us a hint? 

5 minutes ago, BeastTexasFB1972 said:

Okay who can’t coach D1 talent? Has he produce a player that wasn’t expected to be a player?

How has his position group been throughout his years at Carthage? 

I gave you a hint.  😂  His group has been solid since his arrival.

• Like 1

I thought that the guy that left Dangerfield for Detroit was just the Co_Offensive Coordinator and he was not the one that called plays.  Am I wrong?  Which I could be, that's just what i understood.  I was under the idea that the other OC was the main guy and called the plays.  Someone verify?  

2 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

I thought that the guy that left Dangerfield for Detroit was just the Co_Offensive Coordinator and he was not the one that called plays.  Am I wrong?  Which I could be, that's just what i understood.  I was under the idea that the other OC was the main guy and called the plays.  Someone verify?  

I can't. I didnt have a headset to listen during the games :bait:

3 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

They have like 3 OCs and 3 DCs..

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

They have like 3 OCs and 3 DCs..

Name a country that doesn’t have 2-3 presidents. Name a football team that doesn’t have 2 Qbs out in the field at one time. I mean a one headed dragon is scary but that 2-4 headed one is killer. Come on man it’s a proven system. 

On 5/20/2020 at 5:00 PM, westcoast54 said:

Actually offenses like the Slot T can help weak lines. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:36 PM, ericflair said:

Name a country that doesn’t have 2-3 presidents. Name a football team that doesn’t have 2 Qbs out in the field at one time. I mean a one headed dragon is scary but that 2-4 headed one is killer. Come on man it’s a proven system. 

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.