Let's do a Way too early Heisman top 5

MavGrad's Too Early Heisman Race

1. Whoever the OU QB is (I know its Rattler, but this was an "insert any name here."
2. Justin Fields Ohio St QB
3.  Travis Etienne RB
4.  Watch for a Defensive Back or player to slip into the conversation.  Derek Stingley Jr created a lot of buzz as a shut down FRESHMAN CB.
5. Who is the QB from the non-traditional winning school making noise?  That would be Brock Purdy QB Iowa St.  If he can continue to put up big numbers and win 9-10 games, he could be sitting in NYC... he won't win, but he could be sitting there.

6 hours ago, LOL said:

Main finalists are gonna be these two...  but Fields is my early favorite. 

Lawrence will rely on Etienne too much to win imo. Not to mention probably be sitting by late 3rd quarter of 6-7 games and not getting the stats to justify winning over someone like fields or ou qbs who will have video game numbers. 

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Lawrence will rely on Etienne too much to win imo. Not to mention probably be sitting by late 3rd quarter of 6-7 games and not getting the stats to justify winning over someone like fields or ou qbs who will have video game numbers. 

Lawrence will make it to NYC as a career achievement pick. Maybe not deserving to be there on the season stats, but to acknowledge what he did over the entirety of his career...

19 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Lawrence will make it to NYC as a career achievement pick. Maybe not deserving to be there on the season stats, but to acknowledge what he did over the entirety of his career...

Oh I agree he will be invited. 

On 5/16/2020 at 10:21 PM, WETSU said:

Lawrence will rely on Etienne too much to win imo. Not to mention probably be sitting by late 3rd quarter of 6-7 games and not getting the stats to justify winning over someone like fields or ou qbs who will have video game numbers

Spencer Rattler's ceiling this season will be an invite, but there's absolutely no chance he wins it, or is even a leading candidate.

Best-case scenario would be a distant third. 

6 hours ago, LOL said:

Spencer Rattler's ceiling this season will be an invite, but there's absolutely no chance he wins it, or is even a leading candidate.

Best-case scenario would be a distant third. 

He will not win bc of what has already been mentioned.  The lifetime achievement awards are real and there is no way that Lawerence is left out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

He will not win bc of what has already been mentioned.  The lifetime achievement awards are real and there is no way that Lawerence is left out.

I agree, which is why (in my scenario) the only way Rattler gets an invite is to be a distant third...  behind Fields and Lawrence. 

But, again, I really feel like it's Fields's trophy to lose. 

33 minutes ago, LOL said:

I agree, which is why (in my scenario) the only way Rattler gets an invite is to be a distant third...  behind Fields and Lawrence. 

But, again, I really feel like it's Fields's trophy to lose. 

I will be completely shocked if its not Clemson vs Ohio State in the Title game this year.  

• Like 1

BAMA is going to look very similar to the 2012 or 2015 version, with probably a better passing game. I don’t know if Najee Harris will get enough carries to put up Derrick Henry stats, because he will be sharing carries with at least two other backs, and BAMA will throw more than they did when Henry won in ‘15. But Henry didn’t get any Heisman love in the ‘15 preseason.