Bill Barr Lets Down Kirt and Carth

BarryLaverty

Headline from the Washington Post:

Barr says he does not expect Obama or Biden will be investigated by prosecutor reviewing 2016 Russia probe

Attorney General William P. Barr said Monday that he did not expect the prosecutor he handpicked to review the 2016 FBI investigation into President Trump’s campaign would investigate former president Barack Obama or former vice president Joe Biden — an assertion that is likely to dismay Trump and his conservative allies.

Barr’s comment came at a news conference to discuss last year’s shooting at a U.S. military base in Pensacola, Fla. A reporter asked about Trump’s suggesting publicly in recent weeks that top officials in the Obama administration, including the former president, had committed crimes.

While noting he was not taking aim at Trump’s comments specifically, Barr lambasted what he called the “increasing attempts to use the criminal justice system as a political weapon.”

“The legal tactic has been to gin up allegations of criminality by one’s political opponents based on the flimsiest of legal theories,” Barr said. “This is not a good development.”

He then specifically dismissed the idea that U.S. Attorney John Durham — who has been probing how the FBI handled the 2016 investigation into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election — would look at Obama or Biden.

“As to President Obama and Vice President, whatever their level of involvement, based on the information I have today, I don’t expect Mr. Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man,” Barr said. “Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others.”

He declined to say who Durham was focused on.

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Lmao. A Biden aide tweeted that? You think that guy can string a sentence together? 

You'll have to get behind him in November 2020 when he's your next president... start preparing now

I never expected him to go after Obama or Biden .... but several of their underlings will bite the dust ... and it will tarnish both of the criminals at the top ....

Short of a videotape of them committing a murder and their confessions, they would never prosecute a former president or vp ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

several of their underlings will bite the dust ... and it will tarnish both of the criminals at the top

Interesting spin today. Now, with that statement, does the prosecution and conviction and jail time of 'underlings' also apply, when it comes to, say, Trump? 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I never expected him to go after Obama or Biden .... but several of their underlings will bite the dust ... and it will tarnish both of the criminals at the top ....

Short of a videotape of them committing a murder and their confessions, they would never prosecute a former president or vp ....

image.gif

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Interesting spin today. Now, with that statement, does the prosecution and conviction and jail time of 'underlings' also apply, when it comes to, say, Trump? 

Actually, it doesn't  ... because the criminal activity us with the Obama era mob ....

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Kirt so disappointed he doesn't quite no what to do, i kept telling him to lay off the hype and he won't be so highly disappointed but he had this all figured out..... show me the indictments 

See my last response to your broken record rant ....

"As long as I'm attorney general,  the criminal justice system will not be used for partisan political ends.  This is especially true of the upcoming elections in november."

I been telling ya'll,  if nothing happens soon there won't be any indictements.  Slow walkin all the way to november cause,  yeah "election interference," which is of course bogus,  but what ya gonna do?  It's good to be a democrat.  Should Trump lose re-election,  the dems wouldn't hesitate to indict their foes on election day,  and would be cheered on by the very same people,  including some on here,  who are now falsely claiming this is a partisan witch hunt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JETT said:

#BIDEN2020

"Because we cannot get re-elect, we cannot win this re-election,  excuse me.  We can only re-elect Donald Trump."-  Joe Biden 3/7/2020

Looks like you picked a dandy there Jett!  Congrats!

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

"Because we cannot get re-elect, we cannot win this re-election,  excuse me.  We can only re-elect Donald Trump."-  Joe Biden 3/7/2020

Looks like you picked a dandy there Jett!  Congrats!

I'll take that over trump anyday 😉

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Joe doesn't seem to agree with you 😂

🤷‍♂️...

If my choice is Joe who yall claim can't remember anything 

Or

Trump who talks about shithole countries etc i know which way I'm voting 

• Roll Eyes 1

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

🤷‍♂️...

If my choice is Joe who yall claim can't remember anything 

Or

Trump who talks about shithole countries etc i know which way I'm voting 

Were they not shitholes folks wouldn't be fleeing them.  Tru storie. But that's a subject for another thread,  and also over 3 years old now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I had a feeling nothing would be done.  As DAWG91 said if it  the shoe was on the other foot they would be treading all over Republicans.  

I never expected obama to ever be in legal jeopardy.  That's racist etc.  The jury is still out on whether all his underlings and co-conspirators are held to account.  History says no,  they won't.  It's good to be a democrat.

5 hours ago, JETT said:

You'll have to get behind him in November 2020 when he's your next president... start preparing now

Why? Can't we act like you liberals, scream at the sky, yell "he's not my president", spend the next 4 years attacking the president of the United States, whining and complaining about the guy in the white house. I mean, it's not like you don't deserve the slander that you all have spewed the past 4 years. LOL. 

• Thanks 3