So far, no spike in coronavirus in places reopening, U.S. health secretary says

Wild74

So far, no spike in coronavirus in places reopening, U.S. health secretary says
Reuters ^ | 5/17/2020 | Doina Chiacu

U.S. authorities are not yet seeing spikes in coronavirus cases in places that are reopening but it was still too early to determine such trends, health secretary Alex Azar said on Sunday.

“We are seeing that in places that are opening, we’re not seeing this spike in cases,” Azar said on CNN’s “State of the Union” program. “We still see spikes in some areas that are, in fact, closed.”

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

19 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Ok, stories don't match-up.

Wild says " No spike ! "

Raiderfan says; " Spike, but because of more testing. "  

So which is it ?  SPIKE OR NO SPIKE .  

Texas COVID-19 cases rise, governor's office says more testing being done

"The governor has been clear that as the state of Texas conducts more tests, we will see the raw number of cases rise," Wittman said. "However, the [rolling seven-day] average positivity rate has steadily declined from our high April 13 [of a bit more than 13%] to around 5% today. Our hospitalizations remain steady, and Texas has one of the lowest death rates per capita in the nation."

I expect the numbers to go down with the warmer months, but only time will tell if that is true.  I expect it to hit again come November and October in East Texas.  What's odd is the only person who I sort of know recovered from the Wuhan in two days.  It makes me wonder if they even had it or just had the flu, but was told he had the Wuhan.  

14 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Texas COVID-19 cases rise, governor's office says more testing being done

"The governor has been clear that as the state of Texas conducts more tests, we will see the raw number of cases rise," Wittman said. "However, the [rolling seven-day] average positivity rate has steadily declined from our high April 13 [of a bit more than 13%] to around 5% today. Our hospitalizations remain steady, and Texas has one of the lowest death rates per capita in the nation."

I think we are on the down hill slide from the first wave.  I hope there is no 2nd wave.  I'm predicting a bump in death rates as churches go back into the building to worship.  Plus, nursing homes and retirement centers will eventually allow people to visit their relatives in the homes.  Sad but unavoidable.  

20 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I expect the numbers to go down with the warmer months, but only time will tell if that is true.  I expect it to hit again come November and October in East Texas.  What's odd is the only person who I sort of know recovered from the Wuhan in two days.  It makes me wonder if they even had it or just had the flu, but was told he had the Wuhan.  

I expect this too. Much like the flu.  We take precautions and continue with life....if our government allows us.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I heard Cuomo say today that the symptoms of COVID are Exactly like flu symptoms... Let that sink in. This whole pandemic is really a Shamdemic.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Do you not want our state to open? How long do you think the country should be idled? This is total bull💩. My heart goes out to the ones that have died but there are 100’s of millions of people in deep 💩. If you’re still receiving a check from your job, then you got no right to say anything to those depending on the state to open to try and survive. Maybe split your check with them. 

Damn Right...🤨

20 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Do you not want our state to open? How long do you think the country should be idled? This is total bull💩. My heart goes out to the ones that have died but there are 100’s of millions of people in deep 💩. If you’re still receiving a check from your job, then you got no right to say anything to those depending on the state to open to try and survive. Maybe split your check with them. 

Yep, and I read today that many Americans are going hungry, because food banks don't have enough food for them.  I've been hearing things about beef prices in East Texas being high, but I went to the grocery store today and they were normal.  Wal Mart was the only grocery store that was low on beef.  I'm just glad Pancho's is back open again for full service.  The bad thing is I was the only one there except for the owner and three servers.  They're not going to make it much longer with that volume.  I used to go once a month, but now it will be weekly until they are back on their feet again.  $7.99 is a bargain for all you can eat.  

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:00 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Liberals are scared and need the govt to take care of them

On 5/19/2020 at 8:05 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Bo you post a lot of articles and twitter feeds that bash him. They run together. Maybe you didn’t say it. If not I apologize. Governors make that call. Under immense public scrutiny. Conservatives hate them when they did it and liberals hate them when they lift them. Like I said. No one is on the road anymore. Everyone is in one of F’ing ditches. 

One group lives in fear