The Smoakhouse Forums

4 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I agree just wondering the rationale for such a pick. I mean the Democratic Party should have more to offer. Anyone can see the many flaws. I felt the same way about Mitt Romey years back. I was disappointed in my party chose him to represent them. I believe a third party candidate is the best chance at beating Trump. I am glad the Democrats are making it so easy . 

A third party has zero chance of winning a national election.  It would only be a spoiler for one side or the other ...

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

A third party has zero chance of winning a national election.  It would only be a spoiler for one side or the other ...

I agree but sending a donkey in the Kentucky derby isn’t a recipe for success either. I can’t remember any legit third party candidate in  a national race. I know Perot did ok. Heard of Roosevelt way back when ( Bull moose party) after his term . 

I believe Biden can't win the election ….

but

Trump can lose the election.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

#LYINBIDEN

#LYINHIDINBIDEN

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

#LYINHIDINBIDEN

#PAUXATAUNEYPINOCCHIO

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

#PAUXATAUNEYPINOCCHIO

#PAUXATAUNEYPINOCCIOPLUGGO...

1 JUN 20

If Biden wins the presidency, this would be the date Trump lost it.  I never seen so many conservatives break ranks on social media with the President Trump when he threatened to call up Military on American citizens.  Then had police tear gassed  and fire rubber bullets at protestors to clear a path to a church for a photo op.  Did President open the bible at the church  ?  Did Trump pray at the church.  Plus the day before the police in Minneapolis went into a neighborhood firing at people on their porches.  This could have been any neighborhood.  All this is a Bridge To Far moment for many conservatives.   

Huge majority on both sides political isle know what happened to George Byrd was wrong, but the fact that the cop knowingly was being recorded didn't stop it.  That blows my mind.  

28 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

1 JUN 20

If Biden wins the presidency, this would be the date Trump lost it.  I never seen so many conservatives break ranks on social media with the President Trump when he threatened to call up Military on American citizens.  Then had police tear gassed  and fire rubber bullets at protestors to clear a path to a church for a photo op.  Did President open the bible at the church  ?  Did Trump pray at the church.  Plus the day before the police in Minneapolis went into a neighborhood firing at people on their porches.  This could have been any neighborhood.  All this is a Bridge To Far moment for many conservatives.   

Huge majority on both sides political isle know what happened to George Byrd was wrong, but the fact that the cop knowingly was being recorded didn't stop it.  That blows my mind.  

I think you are very wrong.  Conservatives have seen the democrats in recent months wreck the constitution with their draconian shutdown of CHURCH, shutdown of businesses,,  mandated mask wearing and unproven social distance measures, the arrest of law abiding citizens trying to go to work.  I and all the conservatives I know are proud that the president had the balls to send in the military before these idiots finished completely destroying our American cities.  

I agree the cops used excessive force on George Floyd likely killed him.  They should pay for what they did.  But our country shouldn't be destroyed in the process.  If you thinks conservatives are for putting up with this lawlessness, you are mistaken.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

1 JUN 20

I agree, enough is enough 

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I think you are very wrong.  Conservatives have seen the democrats in recent months wreck the constitution with their draconian shutdown of CHURCH, shutdown of businesses,,  mandated mask wearing and unproven social distance measures, the arrest of law abiding citizens trying to go to work.  I and all the conservatives I know are proud that the president had the balls to send in the military before these idiots finished completely destroying our American cities.  

I agree the cops used excessive force on George Floyd likely killed him.  They should pay for what they did.  But our country shouldn't be destroyed in the process.  If you thinks conservatives are for this lawlessness, you are mistaken.

There is no likely 

Could be a rehash of the Nixon/Mcgovern race, unrest in the street, one a law and order candidate the other a sniveling snowflake  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I agree the cops used excessive force on George Floyd likely killed him.  They should pay for what they did.  But our country shouldn't be destroyed in the process.  If you thinks conservatives are for this lawlessness, you are mistaken.

So....... no republican or conservative led governors shut their states down during this? 

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

So....... no republican or conservative led governors shut their states down during this? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/05/republican-governors-our-states-stayed-open-covid-19-pandemic-heres-why-our-approach-worked/

Here’s five that didn’t shut down.

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

Most all of them did initially because the WHO and CDC (led by Democrats) put out fake models.  Conservatives opened back up because it was the right thing to do.  Democrats opened up to tear down their cities.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I agree the cops used excessive force on George Floyd likely killed him.  They should pay for what they did.  But our country shouldn't be destroyed in the process.  If you thinks conservatives are for putting up with this lawlessness, you are mistaken.

Ok, question for the military guys and women on here.  What is the goal of a uprising in its earliest stages ?    Hint , it is not to achieve victory .  It is to make their opponent to over react.  That will cause more people to get of the fence and join their cause.  Mission accomplished.  

10 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Most all of them did initially because the WHO and CDC (led by Democrats) put out fake models.  Conservatives opened back up because it was the right thing to do.  Democrats opened up to tear down their cities.

Blame game 

1 minute ago, JETT said:

Blame game 

You asked...then come back with your normal weak response with no facts.....as per usual.

Just now, ObiOne said:

You asked...then come back with your normal weak response with no facts.....as per usual.

25 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

You said democrats shut down their states as if Republicans didn't.... BLAME GAME

7 minutes ago, JETT said:

You said democrats shut down their states as if Republicans didn't.... BLAME GAME

You are right Jett.  Conservatives arrested the salon owner in Dallas.  Conservatives arrested peaceful protesters at courthouses.  Conservatives arrested people for not wearing masks.  Conservatives arrested people for going to church.   See Jett, just because you say something doesn't make it true.  Therefore I like to blame the ones that are actually at fault for 💩ing on the constitution. 

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

You are right Jett.  Conservatives arrested the salon owner in Dallas.  Conservatives arrested peaceful protesters at courthouses.  Conservatives arrested people for not wearing masks.  Conservatives arrested people for going to church.   See Jett, just because you say something doesn't make it true.  Therefore I like to blame the ones that are actually at fault for 💩ing on the constitution. 

Yep the right has done no wrong, I forgot 🙄

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

Yep the right has done no wrong, I forgot 🙄

I've never said that.  But I do enjoy your strong factual arguments.  It is almost like you are able think of your response and type it all out in 10 seconds or less.