6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

For me top 5 teams that’s should’ve won for JT 

1. 2012

2. 2010

3. 2018

4. 2009

5. 2014

honorable mention*

Maybe 2012...but all these other teams listed was better than 2000 JT?

I dont see it lol

4 hours ago, Racer55 said:

White Oak 1958. In 57 with a young team went on to tie at state with Mart 7-7. In 1958 they went undefeated and beat Edgewood 70-12 in the first round. A SEC then disqualified WO due to a player being accused of being 19. Hawkins was the school behind the accusation from what I’m told. 

Y’all must not have grown ups now to go 0-10. 

29 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I dont see it lol

2010 Would be one. It had one of the top defenses in the state. David bush The TCU signee at QB. You also had one of the top safeties in the country with Hackett who went to TCU also. 2012 was just as good as the 2000 JT has never had an offense in program history like that team. I think it was about 5-6 players that went D1 just on offense alone. 3 starting receivers signed D1. 
2014 had a talented team also that had the 5A D1 player of the year at QB. 2009 had Jeremy Johnson and Ricky Collins which had one of the best 1-2 punches in the state and two really good runningbacks. Also one the top teams in the state at the highest classification for the whole season. 

Also from 2009-2014 JT was in the Regional Championship or higher 5 of the 6 years. From 2009-2019 JT was apart of the 4A-5A region 2 chip 5 out 10 years with 1 09 in 6A the old 5A. So 6 regional appearances in 10 years is not bad. 3 of the 6 were semifinal appearances. 

My Panther brethren are not getting in here.  Gametyme or Pack007 would know better here than I . 

How far are we going back?

I'll just keep it simple,  1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.  Go further back , then 1962.   Not going into detail of all those years.   Had the talent,  if the cards had fell the right way,  you just never know.  Same with everyone.

• Like 1

1992 Nac Team went 10-2-1, losing in the 3rd round to Lake Highlands on a last second Phil Dawson FG.

Lost to Marshall and Lake Highlands tied JT. Also the last time we won a playoff game.

The High School I graduated from Crandall- the best team of all time was the 1991 team. They went 12-1 and lost in the regional round to Troy Redwine and the Farmersville Fightin Farmers in a monsoon at Mesquites Handby Stadium. To this day the biggest offensive line I have ever seen a high school team have. 

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

My Panther brethren are not getting in here.  Gametyme or Pack007 would know better here than I . 

I'll just keep it simple,  1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.  Go further back , then 1962.   Not going into detail of all those years.   Had the talent,  if the cards had fell the right way,  you just never know.  Same with everyone.

I was at that 1998 game Vs Lake Highlands at SFA.  LP never should have lost that game.  I was sick FOR y’all.

13 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

For me top 5 teams that’s should’ve won for JT 

1. 2012

2. 2010

3. 2018

4. 2009

5. 2014

honorable mention*

2010, and 2012 are the only ones in recent memory.  I think other squads lost to better teams. 

I think 2010 had a bad call in Wylie...(still don't know why coach didn't play that at a neutral site) and 2012 should have won.

There were a couple teams in the late 90s that I thought had potential....96, 97,and 98 teams. ( I thought district would have had 2 champs in 97) 

12 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes good times! Should’ve had at least 2 chips during that time. 2012 that JT team as a whole was better than Denton Guyer.  2009 was the other year JT had no business not getting to state that year either. Top 5 team in 5A which is the new 6A now. Beat a highly ranked desoto team to share district. Made it to quarterfinals to only lose to a Klein team that wasn’t even on the same level as us.  That JT had Johnson at qb a two headed monster at runningback with black and chancellor and Collins at recevier! 

2009 was a a shocking lost. They beat Klein Collins who beat Klein that yr...but it is all about matchups. Klein whip JT that day. 

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

I dont see it lol

I agree..but 2010 had a legit shot at state. They had no business playing Wylie in Wylie that late in playoffs. Should have played at neutral site.

2000 team was loaded with Div.1 talent.  If you look at the starters on that team, there were 8 guys who went Div.1 and another 3 or 4 that went 1-AA. 

I’ll have to agree with JT fans, they should have won a ring several times since 2000. Longview is a close second. I’ve always thought Longview as a premier job in the state. Coach King has done a great job while there. It’s harder in my opinion to win it all at the 6A level.

Jacksonville 1997 team.... 12-1, got beat by Texas City, eventual state champs, 30-28 on last 2nd field goal. We had 2 NFL players, Josh McCown and Kevin Aldridge, and 2 other D1 kids. i was standing under the goal post and I swear, it was wide right by inches, TX City sent 5 kids to UT off that team.

1974 (12-1) and 1975 (11-3), both state semi-finals lost to Cuero both years. 

1960 state semifinals lost to Brownwood. We had Pete Lammons, Jets tight end on Super Bowl 3 winners, won UT national championship in 1963. 

On 5/25/2020 at 7:31 PM, PackAttack said:

The southlake Carroll games were rough. We were rooting for lufkin.

For Grapeland the `91 Sandies were down 14-0 in the Astrodome to Schulenburg in the Class 2A State Semifinals. We fought back to take a 19-14 lead late then Schulenburg retook the lead 21-19. We were almost in field goal range but time expired. There were several questionable calls that went against Grapeland in that game otherwise we would have easily defeated Albany in the Finals. 

The `92 team beat Coldspring in a massive upset (Coldspring had demolished Crockett the previous week) days after Coldspring`s coach passed away but we had a ton of nagging injuries in that game that plagued us the rest of the year. Waskom upset us in the Area round which was arguably Waskom`s best team until they won State a few years ago. 

49 minutes ago, BleedSandieMaroon said:

For Grapeland the `91 Sandies were down 14-0 in the Astrodome to Schulenburg in the Class 2A State Semifinals. We fought back to take a 19-14 lead late then Schulenburg retook the lead 21-19. We were almost in field goal range but time expired. There were several questionable calls that went against Grapeland in that game otherwise we would have easily defeated Albany in the Finals. 

The `92 team beat Coldspring in a massive upset (Coldspring had demolished Crockett the previous week) days after Coldspring`s coach passed away but we had a ton of nagging injuries in that game that plagued us the rest of the year. Waskom upset us in the Area round which was arguably Waskom`s best team until they won State a few years ago. 

Both of my sons played on that 92 Waskom team ... Waskom's defense was very stingy that year.  I believe they only gave up something like 26 points before the playoffs ...

On 5/26/2020 at 1:05 AM, JTFAN99 said:

I agree..but 2010 had a legit shot at state. They had no business playing Wylie in Wylie that late in playoffs. Should have played at neutral site.

2000 team was loaded with Div.1 talent.  If you look at the starters on that team, there were 8 guys who went Div.1 and another 3 or 4 that went 1-AA. 

Definitely should have won in 2010. That one hurts more than 2012 because 2010 had a defense and offense. 

On 5/22/2020 at 4:23 PM, Yoe09 said:

Cameron Yoe

2010 - State Finalist - L 33-27 to Daingerfield.  Very talented roster from top to bottom.  

2015 - State Finalist - L 43-33 to Brock. Up 20-7 at the half before losing RB Traion Smith (128 yards, 2 TD).  One of the most productive running-backs in the history of Texas high school football.  

1987 - State Semifinalist - L 34-27 to Cuero.  Lost to the Gobblers and Robert Straight on a controversial late call.  Straight leads all rushers in 4A football history. 

1975 - State Quarterfinalist - L 14-6 to Hamshire-Fannett - Posted 9 shutouts and gave up 42 total points in 13 games.  

1974 - State Quarterfinalist - L 10-7 to Newton.  Routed Spearman in the finals.  Only loss to Newton in 5 games.  

2000 - State Quarterfinalist - L 27-26 to Marlin.  Played at Kyle Field.  Missed multiple XPs.  

Could name a few others.  Pretty much every team in the 80s was in the quarterfinalis.  

There have been a lot of good teams as you mention, but for me, the 1975 team stands out the most. Some say the finest single team talent ever assembled in a Yoe uniform. Fred Johnson, the legendary Rockdale Tigers coach, said he thought it was the finest team he'd ever seen. 

There is a sad story why they lost that year to HF. Ask coach Cauley, that is if he is still around in Cameron these days.

I know this will sound really strange-especially with recent struggles but 2003 Quitman team lost by 3 to state semifinalist Whitewright and was inside the 10 3 times and did not score and the 2004 team that lost to Newton in 3rd round. 

2 hours ago, darktower said:

I know this will sound really strange-especially with recent struggles but 2003 Quitman team lost by 3 to state semifinalist Whitewright and was inside the 10 3 times and did not score and the 2004 team that lost to Newton in 3rd round. 

Quitman used to have some quality football teams with great athletes back in the day.  I played against them in the early 90’s.