2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

For me top 5 teams that’s should’ve won for JT 

1. 2012

2. 2010

3. 2018

4. 2009

5. 2014

honorable mention*

You list 2014 as a team that "should've won". What do you think went wrong then? 

3 minutes ago, Aledo said:

You list 2014 as a team that "should've won". What do you think went wrong then? 

Aledo lol

• Haha 1

White Oak 1958. In 57 with a young team went on to tie at state with Mart 7-7. In 1958 they went undefeated and beat Edgewood 70-12 in the first round. A SEC then disqualified WO due to a player being accused of being 19. Hawkins was the school behind the accusation from what I’m told. 

1960 lost to Crosby 14-6 in the semis

1970 white oak lost to pflugerville 7-6 in the semis I believe I heard the weather was bad.

2013 lost to Cameron 24-21. A game of two halves where we held them to 3 in the first then they turned around and beat us by 3 in the end.

2016 lost to Pottsboro in the 2nd round. Our QB went down in the 8th game that year with a broken collar bone. He was setting school records almost every game that year. Came back for the pottsboro game but wasn’t fully healed it looked like. He ended the season with 2900 yards passing and 700 yards rushing in 9 games. 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, BuckNut said:

2006 Gilmer

The 03 Gilmer team was a good one too. 

2 hours ago, Aledo said:

Team was not mentally ready no discipline and it caught up to them once aledo came. But the talent was there to win 

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

1. 2012

2. 2010

3. 2018

4. 2009

5. 2014

honorable mention*

Maybe 2012...but all these other teams listed was better than 2000 JT?

I dont see it lol

4 hours ago, Racer55 said:

White Oak 1958. In 57 with a young team went on to tie at state with Mart 7-7. In 1958 they went undefeated and beat Edgewood 70-12 in the first round. A SEC then disqualified WO due to a player being accused of being 19. Hawkins was the school behind the accusation from what I’m told. 

Y’all must not have grown ups now to go 0-10. 

29 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I dont see it lol

2010 Would be one. It had one of the top defenses in the state. David bush The TCU signee at QB. You also had one of the top safeties in the country with Hackett who went to TCU also. 2012 was just as good as the 2000 JT has never had an offense in program history like that team. I think it was about 5-6 players that went D1 just on offense alone. 3 starting receivers signed D1. 
2014 had a talented team also that had the 5A D1 player of the year at QB. 2009 had Jeremy Johnson and Ricky Collins which had one of the best 1-2 punches in the state and two really good runningbacks. Also one the top teams in the state at the highest classification for the whole season. 

Also from 2009-2014 JT was in the Regional Championship or higher 5 of the 6 years. From 2009-2019 JT was apart of the 4A-5A region 2 chip 5 out 10 years with 1 09 in 6A the old 5A. So 6 regional appearances in 10 years is not bad. 3 of the 6 were semifinal appearances. 

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Also from 2009-2014 JT was in the Regional Championship or higher 5 of the six years

*Also from 2009-2014 JT was in the Regional Championship or Semifinal 5 of the six years

My Panther brethren are not getting in here.  Gametyme or Pack007 would know better here than I . 

How far are we going back?

I'll just keep it simple,  1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.  Go further back , then 1962.   Not going into detail of all those years.   Had the talent,  if the cards had fell the right way,  you just never know.  Same with everyone.

• Like 1

1992 Nac Team went 10-2-1, losing in the 3rd round to Lake Highlands on a last second Phil Dawson FG.

Lost to Marshall and Lake Highlands tied JT. Also the last time we won a playoff game.

The High School I graduated from Crandall- the best team of all time was the 1991 team. They went 12-1 and lost in the regional round to Troy Redwine and the Farmersville Fightin Farmers in a monsoon at Mesquites Handby Stadium. To this day the biggest offensive line I have ever seen a high school team have. 

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

My Panther brethren are not getting in here.  Gametyme or Pack007 would know better here than I . 

I'll just keep it simple,  1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.  Go further back , then 1962.   Not going into detail of all those years.   Had the talent,  if the cards had fell the right way,  you just never know.  Same with everyone.

I was at that 1998 game Vs Lake Highlands at SFA.  LP never should have lost that game.  I was sick FOR y’all.

3 hours ago, Aledo said:

*Also from 2009-2014 JT was in the Regional Championship or Semifinal 5 of the six years

Really lol. I was typing fast on my phone give me a break lol. 

13 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

1. 2012

2. 2010

3. 2018

4. 2009

5. 2014

honorable mention*

2010, and 2012 are the only ones in recent memory.  I think other squads lost to better teams. 

I think 2010 had a bad call in Wylie...(still don't know why coach didn't play that at a neutral site) and 2012 should have won.

There were a couple teams in the late 90s that I thought had potential....96, 97,and 98 teams. ( I thought district would have had 2 champs in 97) 

12 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes good times! Should’ve had at least 2 chips during that time. 2012 that JT team as a whole was better than Denton Guyer.  2009 was the other year JT had no business not getting to state that year either. Top 5 team in 5A which is the new 6A now. Beat a highly ranked desoto team to share district. Made it to quarterfinals to only lose to a Klein team that wasn’t even on the same level as us.  That JT had Johnson at qb a two headed monster at runningback with black and chancellor and Collins at recevier! 

2009 was a a shocking lost. They beat Klein Collins who beat Klein that yr...but it is all about matchups. Klein whip JT that day. 

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

I dont see it lol

I agree..but 2010 had a legit shot at state. They had no business playing Wylie in Wylie that late in playoffs. Should have played at neutral site.

2000 team was loaded with Div.1 talent.  If you look at the starters on that team, there were 8 guys who went Div.1 and another 3 or 4 that went 1-AA. 

2010 and 2015 ring a bell for West Rusk. There have been several seasons they were a position player short of a ring. 

• Like 2

I’ll have to agree with JT fans, they should have won a ring several times since 2000. Longview is a close second. I’ve always thought Longview as a premier job in the state. Coach King has done a great job while there. It’s harder in my opinion to win it all at the 6A level.

Jacksonville 1997 team.... 12-1, got beat by Texas City, eventual state champs, 30-28 on last 2nd field goal. We had 2 NFL players, Josh McCown and Kevin Aldridge, and 2 other D1 kids. i was standing under the goal post and I swear, it was wide right by inches, TX City sent 5 kids to UT off that team.

1974 (12-1) and 1975 (11-3), both state semi-finals lost to Cuero both years. 

1960 state semifinals lost to Brownwood. We had Pete Lammons, Jets tight end on Super Bowl 3 winners, won UT national championship in 1963. 

On 5/25/2020 at 7:31 PM, PackAttack said:

The southlake Carroll games were rough. We were rooting for lufkin.

For Grapeland the `91 Sandies were down 14-0 in the Astrodome to Schulenburg in the Class 2A State Semifinals. We fought back to take a 19-14 lead late then Schulenburg retook the lead 21-19. We were almost in field goal range but time expired. There were several questionable calls that went against Grapeland in that game otherwise we would have easily defeated Albany in the Finals. 

The `92 team beat Coldspring in a massive upset (Coldspring had demolished Crockett the previous week) days after Coldspring`s coach passed away but we had a ton of nagging injuries in that game that plagued us the rest of the year. Waskom upset us in the Area round which was arguably Waskom`s best team until they won State a few years ago. 

49 minutes ago, BleedSandieMaroon said:

For Grapeland the `91 Sandies were down 14-0 in the Astrodome to Schulenburg in the Class 2A State Semifinals. We fought back to take a 19-14 lead late then Schulenburg retook the lead 21-19. We were almost in field goal range but time expired. There were several questionable calls that went against Grapeland in that game otherwise we would have easily defeated Albany in the Finals. 

The `92 team beat Coldspring in a massive upset (Coldspring had demolished Crockett the previous week) days after Coldspring`s coach passed away but we had a ton of nagging injuries in that game that plagued us the rest of the year. Waskom upset us in the Area round which was arguably Waskom`s best team until they won State a few years ago. 

Both of my sons played on that 92 Waskom team ... Waskom's defense was very stingy that year.  I believe they only gave up something like 26 points before the playoffs ...