Biden: You Ain't Black if You Back Trump

Hagar

22 minutes ago, JETT said:

Colored just sounds bad

I've heard it used by both races, but usually it was those born before 1960.  This may have been because of segregation in those eras when the water fountains, bathrooms, and even pools had those signs.  They saw them, and thought the term was acceptable and it certainly isn't as harsh as using the n word.  I refer to people as people unless I have to describe them to someone, and then I'll use black.  I don't even like the term African American, because we're all Americans.  I wouldn't want to be described as German/Irish/British/Scottish/ Prussian American.  I actually have more Native American blood than the other mixtures, and don't mind being called a Heinz 57 .  The term Indian doesn't bother me, because it sounds like a brave warrior to me.  I also don't have  any problems with the term redskins , because Native Americans coined the phrase, although today many have stated it was the pale face that made up the term, but they are wrong if they would do their research.  I actually like the Redskins logo, because it shows a proud Native American as the representation.  The Seminole tribe in Florida has demanded that FSU keep the Seminole mascot, and they have a huge connection with FSU.     

9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've heard it used by both races, but usually it was those born before 1960.  This may have been because of segregation in those eras when the water fountains, bathrooms, and even pools had those signs.  They saw them, and thought the term was acceptable and it certainly isn't as harsh as using the n word.  I refer to people as people unless I have to describe them to someone, and then I'll use black.  I don't even like the term African American, because we're all Americans.  I wouldn't want to be described as German/Irish/British/Scottish/ Prussian American.  I actually have more Native American blood than the other mixtures, and don't mind being called a Heinz 57 .  The term Indian doesn't bother me, because it sounds like a brave warrior to me.  I also don't have  any problems with the term redskins , because Native Americans coined the phrase, although today many have stated it was the pale face that made up the term, but they are wrong if they would do their research.  I actually like the Redskins logo, because it shows a proud Native American as the representation.  The Seminole tribe in Florida has demanded that FSU keep the Seminole mascot, and they have a huge connection with FSU.     

I went to a customer last residence today and we started talking politics, he is a big trump supporter, this guy had the nerves to tell me I know alot of blacks don't support trump but my favorite thing he has said "is what do you have to lose" referring to the blacks, I just kind of stared in shocked and disbelief.... i mean damn the blacks aren't that low in the totem pole SMFH

39 minutes ago, JETT said:

Colored just sounds bad

I still hear a few old timers around town say it.  My 92 year old father in law has said it many times.  I have even heard older black people say it over the years ...

16 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

What’s the problem? I didn’t give the NAACP their name; They did! And that was before people became so sensitive.🙄

Lmao this whole thread. I never new that colored was in the name. Apparently neither did Jett lmao! Oh the irony!

4 hours ago, JETT said:

I went to a customer last residence today and we started talking politics, he is a big trump supporter, this guy had the nerves to tell me I know alot of blacks don't support trump but my favorite thing he has said "is what do you have to lose" referring to the blacks, I just kind of stared in shocked and disbelief.... i mean damn the blacks aren't that low in the totem pole SMFH

That's with any politician.  As I have stated numerous times on SDC, I don't like Donald Trump as a human being or a person.  I voted for Tom Hoefling in the 2016 election, because I thought Trump would be horrible as a president.  I couldn't even think about voting for Hillary with everything I know about her.  President Trump did wonders until this stupid virus, and I was starting to catch up after Hurricane Harvey.  While I don't agree with every decision made by many of our politicians, at least President Trump is still giving me hope for a recovery of our economy, and our country.  What do I have to lose with Biden ?  A lot, because I know his platform, and I know he will lead America to a worse place than we are now.  I'm a free spirit, and I have hated the restrictions that have been put in place by our local and State Government.  I'm voting for anyone that is running against Governor Abbott, unless they are a democrat.  This is a virus, much like all the others we've lived through in our lifetime.  You can say well, it's killed 100,000 people.  Many of them were on the edge to begin with.  

We shouldn't have this fear, and while I don't advocate pool parties or lake parties where people are mingling with strangers, use some practical behaviors, and don't touch.  I understand that people want social interaction, but c'mon, be sensible.    We should have already been practicing proper hygiene and sanitary procedures since the time we were born.  It's sort of similar to not kissing on the first date, until you get to know them or having one night stands that incurs even more risks.   I know that sounds sexual, but it applies to life.  Until you get to know someone, you have to be careful around them.  That's one of the reasons we do have racial issues as well in my opinion.  People are afraid of strangers.  If we don't know you, then we will be estranged.  We as human beings of all races will be skeptical of others that we don't know.  Yes, I heard about the woman in Central Park that wasn't practicing social protocols, and in a normal world they were both wrong.  Was her dog really disturbing his bird watching ?  Was her loose dog disturbing him ?  For both, I would say yes.  How they wound up in the same place, at the same time in Central Park is strange.  They were both afraid of each other, because they were strangers.  Instead, we're calling her racist because she wanted to let her dog roam, and he didn't like it.  She did become a Karen, and didn't leash her pup.  I think what we need to do is become more tolerant of others.  My neighbor has a pit bull that likes to roam the neighborhood.    The first time I encountered him, I did what I do with all dogs, and faced him, and commanded him to be a good boy.  I should have let him smell me, but he ran up on me so I was in a defensive mode.  I wasn't in fear mode, which makes many canines attack, because it triggers their response.  Human beings have a fear, flight, or fight mode in them as well, and I actually see that becoming much worse, because now we have  hide in your personal safe space mode as taught by many teachers and professors.  It's basic psychology and sociology, and even animals have it.   Some call it instinct.  As I was always taught, we're not to judge a book by it's cover, but we can observe things, observe the responses, and then decide who we allow to be close to us, and that's people of all races, religion, sexual preference, etc...  People do jump to judgement, however, but I won't.   

insider 2020 banner

• Former Vice President Joe Biden is facing increased scrutiny over his record on busing and racial issues.

• Old comments from 1977 resurfaced, quoting Biden as saying that non-"orderly" racial integration policies would cause his children to "grow up in a racial jungle."
  • He then said: "Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point."