The 2020 SDC Fantasy Football League

Stoney

idc, I kind of hate all sports this week.  So its kind of Blah... The Mavs had me on a high, then Labrat threw his fit and wanted to quit basketball because he is a *****.  Glad the players over-ruled him... However, this mini-strike is stupid AF.  And it's not the message... its because it is over a gd rapist crook.  And you know the NFL is going to follow suit.  The DFW sports talk radio station I lived in is making a matyr out of this crook...  Burn it all criminals!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I used to wonder how people can lose interest in sports... starting to learn how real fast.

Sports used to be the escape from the real world. I don’t want politics in my football. Basketball is a lost cause. Baseball is whoring itself out to try and stay relevant. What a time to be alive.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I believe there is a Boomer Sooner function.

So you're saying I can break the rules and draft early? Cool...  I'll go ahead and take Christian McCaffery and Lamar Jackson.

Then fill up the rest of my roster with white receivers and anyone who graduated from OU. 

1 minute ago, LOL said:

So you're saying I can break the rules and draft early? Cool...  I'll go ahead and take Christian McCaffery and Lamar Jackson.

Then fill up the rest of my roster with white receivers and anyone who graduated from OU. 

We got you down for :

QB- Jason White, Josh Huepel

RB- Quentin Griffin, Adrian Peterson, Samaje Perrine, Marcus Dupree

WR- Ryan Broyles, Malcolm Kelly, Dede Westbrook, Terence Trent Darby 

TE- Jermaine Stewart, Milli Vanilli

K- Stephen Urkel, Stefan Urkel

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I used to wonder how people can lose interest in sports... starting to learn how real fast.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Sports used to be the escape from the real world. I don’t want politics in my football. Basketball is a lost cause. Baseball is whoring itself out to try and stay relevant. What a time to be alive.

This is what they absolutely refuse to understand. 

Most people's lives are tedious and stressful, filled with mindless toil and annoyance. They need something that allows them to forget about their daily drudgery. 

For decades, sports have filled that role. Countless storylines about overcoming adversity, and hard-luck kids rising to fame and fortune thanks to discipline and dedication. It's a narrative that inspires, and even makes it tolerable for Joe Six-Pack to get through his day at the mill. 

But now you're telling those people that they're part of something "systemic" and that they're oppressing others. You're trying to shame the very people who want to cheer you on. 

It's a hard sell for folks who are living paycheck to paycheck, and makes it very easy for them to find something else to do with their idle hours.

As a boy, I can't tell you how many memories I have with my family, gathered around during holidays and other occasions, with "the ballgame" going on the background. I remember watching the game, then going out in the yard with my relatives to re-enact those iconic moments and players. Sports used to be something that brought us all together, even as we were trashtalking over rivalries. 

They're killing their own golden goose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

We got you down for :

QB- Jason White, Josh Huepel

RB- Quentin Griffin, Adrian Peterson, Samaje Perrine, Marcus Dupree

WR- Ryan Broyles, Malcolm Kelly, Dede Westbrook, Terence Trent Darby 

TE- Jermaine Stewart, Milli Vanilli

K- Stephen Urkel, Stefan Urkel

Boom! It's ONNNN now! 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I’ve shown respect to the NBA with Silver as commissioner.  He gave them the platform.  He has always done that.  Now the players still boycott playing and put the season in jeopardy? That’s a lack of respect from the players.

The NFL under Goodell are a bunch of skirt chasing hypocrites.  I will not support them.

Baseball following the NBA shows that they are just pawns in this political game and will do whatever the others do.  

I will just stick to watching UFC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

I’ve shown respect to the NBA with Silver as commissioner.  He gave them the platform.  He has always done that.  Now the players still boycott playing and put the season in jeopardy? That’s a lack of respect from the players.

The NFL under Goodell are a bunch of skirt chasing hypocrites.  I will not support them.

Baseball following the NBA shows that they are just pawns in this political game and will do whatever the others do.  

I will just stick to watching UFC.

Just saw a A&M recruit and a couple of his teammates are sitting out high school football game in protest.

• Roll Eyes 1

9 hours ago, LOL said:

This is what they absolutely refuse to understand. 

Most people's lives are tedious and stressful, filled with mindless toil and annoyance. They need something that allows them to forget about their daily drudgery. 

For decades, sports have filled that role. Countless storylines about overcoming adversity, and hard-luck kids rising to fame and fortune thanks to discipline and dedication. It's a narrative that inspires, and even makes it tolerable for Joe Six-Pack to get through his day at the mill. 

But now you're telling those people that they're part of something "systemic" and that they're oppressing others. You're trying to shame the very people who want to cheer you on. 

It's a hard sell for folks who are living paycheck to paycheck, and makes it very easy for them to find something else to do with their idle hours.

As a boy, I can't tell you how many memories I have with my family, gathered around during holidays and other occasions, with "the ballgame" going on the background. I remember watching the game, then going out in the yard with my relatives to re-enact those iconic moments and players. Sports used to be something that brought us all together, even as we were trashtalking over rivalries. 

They're killing their own golden goose. 

I think you have it spot on, especially with the NBA.  I wouldn't mind if they had their nicknames on the back of their jerseys instead of political or movement slogans.  If they were all unique, it would be different, but many are the same phrases.  He Hate Me aka Rod Smart was my favorite original XFL player.  Who couldn't like a guy that thought everyone hated him.  Instead we've had the hypocrisy of it played out even on the court with Montrezi Harrell calling Luka Doncic a racially charged name.  Had he just called him a white boy, I don't think it would have been that big of a deal to add the additional wording is against what they're fighting for even if it was in jest.  I still hear black people say it's okay for me to use the n word.  I don't like hearing that word at all.  I don't care who says it.  As I've stated before they have the stage, but it's the same mantra, and not solutions on how to accomplish equality that should already be standard.  We'll see what the NFL does, and I'm ready for the season to start.  I don't care if there are fans in the stands, I want to see the Cowboys play, and hopefully win.