Elk Hunt

Youngcoach123

9 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Got my first public land elk hunt coming in November. Anyone that has any experience with it, got any tips?

Get in shape if you already aren't  ... most elk hunts are very physically demanding .... I have never hunted elk, but I hunted caribou and moose in Alaska ...it's not like hunting whitetail deer in East Texas ....

I'm  sure you already know this ...

Good luck! .....

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Get in shape if you already aren't  ... most elk hunts are very physically demanding .... I have never hunted elk, but I hunted caribou and moose in Alaska ...it's not like hunting whitetail deer in East Texas ....

I'm  sure you already know this ...

Good luck! .....

Yea I’ve already started my 25 mile per week build up. But that won’t matter as much because I will always be in better shape that my group lol. Thanks for the input for sure. Am super excited about it.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, hunter92 said:

Where did you go?  My family and I used to hunt in Wyoming.  I had an Uncle that lived in Dubois and was practically a guide.  I know I'm not in good enough shape to go right now.  I used to come home 10-15 lbs lighter after hunting a week. LOL

You ever hunt mule deer up there?

On 2/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, TIMRIGGINS said:

You ever hunt mule deer up there?

Yes Sir.  I killed a couple deer up there, but nothing big.  The bigger bucks were usually higher than the elk during early October.  My Uncle said if you could draw a late deer tag, that it was nearly a guaranteed trophy buck because that hunt is in November while they are rutting.

21 hours ago, hunter92 said:

Yes Sir.  I killed a couple deer up there, but nothing big.  The bigger bucks were usually higher than the elk during early October.  My Uncle said if you could draw a late deer tag, that it was nearly a guaranteed trophy buck because that hunt is in November while they are rutting.

Yeah thats cool. My dad use to go to Colorado every year to elk hunt but I want to kill a monster mule deer.