16 Dead, at Least 30 injured in second straight week of violence in Chicago.

CarthDawg77

It's always cute to see this rhetoric as if:

• 57% of crimes involving white victims are committed by white people
  • 63% of crimes involving black victims are committed by black people

Point being, the majority of people commit crimes against those in their own cultural community. I understand bringing facts to a conversation may be a struggle for you, hopefully this encourages you to regurgitate less misleading, divisive, and flat out ignorant rhetoric by way of educating yourself. 

2 minutes ago, CUJO85 said:

Point being, the majority of people commit crimes against those in their own cultural community. I understand bringing facts to a conversation may be a struggle for you, hopefully this encourages you to regurgitate less misleading, divisive, and flat out ignorant rhetoric by way of educating yourself. 

I think you missed his point 

2 minutes ago, CUJO85 said:

Talking to these ppl is like 

.animated_1586381023883_63225642787702.gif

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I think you missed his point 

I don't think I did at all. As a matter of fact, if he had any other agenda aside from de-legitimizing the abuse of law enforcement of African Americans, then I'd like to see what actions he's taken out of his "outrage" besides bringing a link here to allege hypocrisy. 

If you're not invested in the solution, you have no standing to share your half-cocked opinion, period. Even small dogs love to yell from a distance. Nobody respects them either. 

1 minute ago, CUJO85 said:

I don't think I did at all. As a matter of fact, if he had any other agenda aside from de-legitimizing the abuse of law enforcement of African Americans, then I'd like to see what actions he's taken out of his "outrage" besides bringing a link here to allege hypocrisy. 

If you're not invested in the solution, you have no standing to share your half-cocked opinion, period. Even small dogs love to yell from a distance. Nobody respects them either. 

.animated_1589569024040_463810334738225.gif

3 minutes ago, CUJO85 said:

Yea, I think you did. He’s not delegitimizing the abuse of law enforcement, he’s delegitimizing the excess outrage. You posted the stats to prove it. So yes, you missed the point. Carry on

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yea, I think you did. He’s not delegitimizing the abuse of law enforcement, he’s delegitimizing the excess outrage. You posted the stats to prove it. So yes, you missed the point. Carry on

Let's be clear here about a couple things:

1. You don't speak for him

2. Interpretations can vary from person to person

Something tells me you're more qualified to listen than speak on this subject, so yes I will carry on. On this matter, outrage isn't limited to one issue. Unless you struggle to chew gum and walk, you should be well aware it's normal to have more than one issue in life to be upset about.

Also, if you're married, you don't share your outrage inside of your home to the public. Whatever internal issues the AA community has with itself (EVERY culture has their issues, as the stats above show) it's not for the world to see; it's an in-house issue. This isn't entertainment; it's real life.

Just now, CUJO85 said:

Let's be clear here about a couple things:

1. You don't speak for him

2. Interpretations can very from person to person

Something tells me you're more qualified to listen than speak on this subject, so yes I will carry on. On this matter, outrage isn't limited to one issue. Unless you struggle to chew gum and walk, you should be well aware it's normal to have more than one issue in life to be upset about.

Also, if you're married, you don't share your outrage inside of your home to the public. Whatever internal issues the AA community has with itself (EVERY culture has their issues, as the stats above show) it's not for the world to see; it's an in-house issue. This isn't entertainment; it's real life.

We are all American first. I’m not German or Irish or Italian. I’m American. The issues are not divided by race. That’s what identity politics of the democrats party has forced people to think. Our nations problems are all of our problems. 

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

We are all American first. I’m not German or Irish or Italian. I’m American. The issues are not divided by race. That’s what identity politics of the democrats party has forced people to think. Our nations problems are all of our problems. 

Trying to shut down conversations about a subject over objective qualifications is about as dumb as kids making there own rules for school.

19 minutes ago, CUJO85 said:

It isn’t that you missed my point; Rather that you chose to attempt to shift direction & turn this into a “Yeah, But” conversation ...

I simply asked why there is no outrage, rioting, looting, etc, following a black on black murder, & there NEVER is; The victim, in either case is dead... do you think it matters to the victim what Race the murderer is? No, it doesn’t. Therefore there should be insurrection for both, Yet there is not. The answer to “why” or “why not” is glaringly obvious. That isn’t ignorant to anyone But an ignorant fool.

But it took angry democrats and others to finally wreak chaos for their voices to be herd, yet you say its all of our problems? this way of life will continue on and nothing will be done if we don't speak up... some ppl think this is normal what cops do, Ive heard ppl say arbery got what he deserved SMH

Ah, identity politics. Another rhetoric that makes me chuckle when I see it. You watch a lot of TV I can see. Great for entertainment, not great for education. Understand, everyone has an agenda. Find your own.

We're not all Americans first. The construct of "African" (or Asian, Hispanics, etc.) American is a direct contradiction to what you've been made to believe. We are our ethnicity first in this country, period. 

Speaking of social constructs,  the ideology of race began 500 years by Europeans to distinct their progress in world conquest compared to their human peers. Every other culture has been forced to participate in "identity politics" since. 

Lastly, I'm not a Republican or Democrat. While you look at the two like a political equivalent of the Cowboys vs Eagles (pick a side and double down on loyalty while not educating yourself on the issues that matter to you and holding your elected leaders accountable), I choose to stay loyal to policy issues that move my community forward which are Progressive by nature. (hence the root "progress")

I do agree that if one of us has a problem, we all do. With that said, you should be outraged by the inequities taking place everyday here. I hope you learn to live what you say whether its convenient or not. 

13 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It isn’t that you missed my point; Rather that you chose to attempt to shift direction & turn this into a “Yeah, But” conversation ...

I simply asked why there is no outrage, rioting, looting, etc, following a black on black murder, & there NEVER is; The victim, in either case is dead... do you think it matters to the victim what Race the murderer is? No, it doesn’t. Therefore there should be insurrection for both, Yet there is not. The answer to “why” or “why not” is glaringly obvious. That isn’t ignorant to anyone But an ignorant fool.

See my post above for your response. 

To add, your question isn't posed to find a solution for your fellow Americans, it's to create a "gotcha" moment. I've had enough dialogue with white allies to understand the difference when posed. With that said, I have no need to shift the conversation. Rather, you should consider shifting your intent. 

1 minute ago, CUJO85 said:

Ah, identity politics. Another rhetoric that makes me chuckle when I see it. You watch a lot of TV I can see. Great for entertainment, not great for education. Understand, everyone has an agenda. Find your own.

We're not all Americans first. The construct of "African" (or Asian, Hispanics, etc.) American is a direct contradiction to what you've been made to believe. We are our ethnicity first in this country, period. 

Speaking of social constructs,  the ideology of race began 500 years by Europeans to distinct their progress in world conquest compared to their human peers. Every other culture has been forced to participate in "identity politics" since. 

Lastly, I'm not a Republican or Democrat. While you look at the two like a political equivalent of the Cowboys vs Eagles (pick a side and double down on loyalty while not educating yourself on the issues that matter to you and holding your elected leaders accountable), I choose to stay loyal to policy issues that move my community forward which are Progressive by nature. (hence the root "progress")

I do agree that if one of us has a problem, we all do. With that said, you should be outraged by the inequities taking place everyday here. I hope you learn to live what you say whether its convenient or not. 

You are super sharp and I value your insight. I disagree slightly with some of what is in your post but it’s not worth the pettyness.  As an American first (which is what I am) I hope we all learn to live what we say. 

7 minutes ago, JETT said:

Black people were 24% of those killed despite being only 13% of the population.

Police killed 1,099 people in 2019

when you look at prison demographics and this 24% number you start to realize that police shoot whites at a much higher percentage. 

but I think he was asking for a source of black officers shooting white perps.