Dems toward Progress

Sportsfanatic1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You have never been more wrong about anything, and you have been wrong plenty. The only thing that they have in common is maybe the same restaurants. Different politics, different crime level, different traffic, different lifestyles. 

I am a Fort Worth guy with Dallas politics. 

Barry, I figure after years of seeing how pitifully run Dallas is in comparison to Fort Worth you’d put two and two together and realize the politics of Dallas have failed Dallas for decades and Fort Worth, Unser Republican leadership, has seen a rebound and revitalization. Most people would pick Fort Worth over Dallas due to the politics and cultural differences in the two.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Barry, I figure after years of seeing how pitifully run Dallas is in comparison to Fort Worth you’d put two and two together and realize the politics of Dallas have failed Dallas for decades and Fort Worth, Unser Republican leadership, has seen a rebound and revitalization. Most people would pick Fort Worth over Dallas due to the politics and cultural differences in the two.

Dallas is what it is, because of it being much larger and much more diverse, with entrenched poverty and crime problems, but some of the best schools in the country are there and there has been real work put in toward infrastructure and quality of life issues. I love Fort Worth, but Dallas is more on the cutting edge. I don't think you can say that Fort Worth is run like it is Republican, either, or Democrat for that matter. 

30 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Dallas is what it is, because of it being much larger and much more diverse, with entrenched poverty and crime problems, but some of the best schools in the country are there and there has been real work put in toward infrastructure and quality of life issues. I love Fort Worth, but Dallas is more on the cutting edge. I don't think you can say that Fort Worth is run like it is Republican, either, or Democrat for that matter. 

Fort Worth is led by conservatives and it shows.

Dallas could be so much better with proper leadership.

46 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Fort Worth is led by conservatives and it shows.

Dallas could be so much better with proper leadership.

Very much like Shreveport/Bossier... what a difference a river makes. Shreveport has a high crime rate, unlike it’s neighbor to the East.

3 hours ago, JETT said:

I've seen both sides, reports show they haven't, and reports show they have.... big businesses get away with everything, small businesses like mine don't pay the IRS wants to take everything 

Just because somebody gets a tax refund doesn’t mean they didn’t pay taxes.  I pay taxes all year long then on April 15th I know if I overpaid or underpaid.  I either get money back, break even or have to pay the difference.  That’s how it works.  Amazon has stated they paid in $2.6billion in taxes, but the liberal media only tells that they got millions back like they didn’t pay any.  People with brains can figure this out.  People who believe anything they read on the internet just don’t have a brain.  I’d side with amazon, they’ve said they paid in and have proven to have done so.  

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’d definitely live in the Fort Worth area before dallas, but it is still one big city to me.  With soccer fields everywhere

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Wasn’t it the Dallas mayor lessening punishment for crime?  

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Just because somebody gets a tax refund doesn’t mean they didn’t pay taxes.  I pay taxes all year long then on April 15th I know if I overpaid or underpaid.  I either get money back, break even or have to pay the difference.  That’s how it works.  Amazon has stated they paid in $2.6billion in taxes, but the liberal media only tells that they got millions back like they didn’t pay any.  People with brains can figure this out.  People who believe anything they read on the internet just don’t have a brain.  I’d side with amazon, they’ve said they paid in and have proven to have done so.  

believe what you want, I honestly dont give a :poop: itt, I pay mine is all I care about