Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
BarryLaverty

Trump Using Church As A Prop: Bishop's Reaction

Recommended Posts

Every day, we think Trump can't go any lower, and every day, he says, 'hold my beer'! 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dc-bishop-outraged-trump-tear-gas-citizens-photo-op-church-062228439.html

D.C. bishop 'outraged' Trump used tear gas on citizens for photo op at church

Yahoo  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anderson Cooper, D.C bishop blast Trump for violently removing protesters for photo op
 
 
 

Mariann Budde, the bishop for the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, D.C., called into Anderson Cooper 360 Monday night and railed against President Trump for staging a visit to St. John’s Church near the White House. As Trump prepared to speak in the Rose Garden, police in riot gear began violently removing peaceful protesters, who were standing with their arms raised, and using tear gas, to disperse the crowd so that Trump could safely make it to the church where he posed with a Bible for a photo op. 

“The president just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian religion, and one of the churches of my diocese without permission, as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our churches stand for,” Budde said. “And to do so … he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard. I am outraged.”

In Trump’s Rose Garden statement, he threatened to deploy the military across the country to “dominate the streets,” and Budde wanted to make clear that her diocese does not back the president’s message.

“I just want the world to know that we in the Diocese of Washington, following Jesus and his way of love, do not — we distance ourselves from the incendiary language of this president,” Budde said. “ We follow someone who lived a life on nonviolence and sacrificial love. We align ourselves with those seeking justice for the death of George Floyd and countless others through the sacred act of peaceful protest. And I just can’t believe what my eyes have seen tonight.”

Speaking to the Washington Post earlier in the day, Budde said that the church was simply used as a prop, something she also inferred about Trump holding the Bible, and she lamented these sacred symbols being used in such a way.

“What I am here to talk about is the abuse of sacred symbols for the people of faith in this country to justify language, rhetoric, an approach to this crisis that is antithetical to everything we stand for,” Budde said, “everything that this faith stands for.”

Anderson Cooper was trending Monday night for comments he’d made before Budde called in. CNN’s Kaitlin Collins reported that Trump only did the photo op at the church because he didn’t like the negative press he received for sheltering in the White House bunker on Friday as protests raged outside. Collins reported that he wanted to be seen outside the gates, though surrounded by police, the National Guard and the Secret Service.

“He’s hiding in a bunker and he’s embarrassed that people know that, so what does he have to do?” Cooper said. “He has to sick police on peaceful protesters so he can make a big show of being the little big man walking to a closed down church.”

Trump has criticized the response to protests in some areas, even claiming that the world is laughing at those responsible, but Cooper believes it’s Trump’s actions that are both laughable and sad at the same time.

“He always talks about the world laughing, that the world is laughing at the governors right now. The only people that the world is laughing at is the president of the United States,” Cooper said, “and this event, as I said, if it wasn’t so dangerous and disgusting, it would be funny because it is so low-rent and just sad.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed peaceful protestors to go take a pic, I was watching that live yesterday SMH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump did a good job reassuring the nation that thugs will not run Washington until the next dimwit is elected hopefully that will be a while. Also there is no peaceful protesters now only thugs waiting to get the riot started.

  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the protesters weren't following the social distancing guidelines.  So he had to get them out of there.  Safety first!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it wasn’t tear gas

 

Per Park police, they used smoke cannisters because of what the protesters were throwing at them and not because The President has an unplanned walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole Article has to be thrown away now. Can lead with a lie and still consider the rest of it truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

This whole Article has to be thrown away now. Can lead with a lie and still consider the rest of it truth.

Lying is what Barry does best, aside from spewing incessant hatred for his President. But I agree, this whole thread belongs in the toilet.💩🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Lying is what Barry does best, aside from spewing incessant hatred for his President. But I agree, this whole thread belongs in the toilet.💩🤨

He doesn’t know he is. They just believe the media too much. They are the enemy of the people. 

  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

He doesn’t know he is. They just believe the media too much. They are the enemy of the people. 

I totally disagree. Barry hates Trump so much he will lie cheat & steal to see him go, IMO.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of lying and cheating trump fits those categories, probably steals as well

  • Stinks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JETT said:

Speaking of lying and cheating trump fits those categories, probably steals as well

I don’t think he needs to steal... He’s already a billionaire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I don’t think he needs to steal... He’s already a billionaire.

:rofl:..... FOX News? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Trump did a good job reassuring the nation that thugs will not run Washington until the next dimwit is elected hopefully that will be a while. Also there is no peaceful protesters now only thugs waiting to get the riot started.

One day the system will call you a thug.   Look the people sitting in their porch, nowhere near a riot,  in Minneapolis, MN before they shot  with pepper balls, or the 80 year old guy with a cane who got shoved hard to the ground by the Salt Lake police for not moving fast enough.   

 

For you who think their is going to be a Civil War in America.   Who do you think you are going to fight ?  It is not the Libs.  It will be the police and National Guard.  

People who think Libs are coming for their guns.  It won't be Libs knocking on your doors.  It will be the police and the National Guard knocking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard the Bishop got mad over him carrying a King James Version bible onto church property

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I don’t think he needs to steal... He’s already a billionaire.

I also like how you couldn't respond to the first 2 hes accused of daily :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

One day the system will call you a thug.   Look the people sitting in their porch, nowhere near a riot,  in Minneapolis, MN before they shot  with pepper balls, or the 80 year old guy with a cane who got shoved hard to the ground by the Salt Lake police for not moving fast enough.   

 

For you who think their is going to be a Civil War in America.   Who do you think you are going to fight ?  It is not the Libs.  It will be the police and National Guard.  

People who think Libs are coming for their guns.  It won't be Libs knocking on your doors.  It will be the police and the National Guard knocking.  

you speak alot of truth sir I respect that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

One day the system will call you a thug.   Look the people sitting in their porch, nowhere near a riot,  in Minneapolis, MN before they shot  with pepper balls, or the 80 year old guy with a cane who got shoved hard to the ground by the Salt Lake police for not moving fast enough.   

 

For you who think their is going to be a Civil War in America.   Who do you think you are going to fight ?  It is not the Libs.  It will be the police and National Guard.  

People who think Libs are coming for their guns.  It won't be Libs knocking on your doors.  It will be the police and the National Guard knocking.  

BS all of those people rioting are thugs and reprobates who take from society and give nothing back.  

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wild74 said:

BS all of those people rioting are thugs and reprobates who take from society and give nothing back.  

Yes, but they got what they wanted by drawing the police into an over reaction.  They used force to stop peaceful protesters because their was looting a few blocks away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

BS all of those people rioting are thugs and reprobates who take from society and give nothing back.  

Like I said the system will turn on you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump declaring the military on American citizens is a big mistake.... i ask the question for the 50th time was kneeling that bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JETT said:

you speak alot of truth sir I respect that

I voted Trump in 2016 because I voted against Hillary Clinton.  Trump actions this last couple of days have made me think of the election coming up.  I don't agree with Biden, but I really don't worry about Biden with the nuclear button.  I'm waiting for who he picks as a VP before I decide.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

I voted Trump in 2016 because I voted against Hillary Clinton.  Trump actions this last couple of days have made me think of the election coming up.  I don't agree with Biden, but I really don't worry about Biden with the nuclear button.  I'm waiting for who he picks as a VP before I decide.  

I believe alot of folks voted other because of Hillary.... ppl are fed up with trump and will back biden to get rid of trump and I'm one of them.... his VP will speak volumes on his presidency, voter turnout will be all time high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JETT said:

I believe alot of folks voted other because of Hillary.... ppl are fed up with trump and will back biden to get rid of trump and I'm one of them.... his VP will speak volumes on his presidency, voter turnout will be all time high

Oh yes.  Creepy Uncle Joe is a breath of fresh air.  People been waiting their whole lives to vote for him to be president.  I'm sure the turnout will be dismal.  Just like low energy Joe.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

Oh yes.  Creepy Uncle Joe is a breath of fresh air.  People been waiting their whole lives to vote for him to be president.  I'm sure the turnout will be dismal.  Just like low energy Joe.

image.jpeg

Better hope trump reunites the ones that  oted him, because some are leaving 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t you folks think it’s ironic?   Dem Governors & Mayors were so quick to arrest people going to Church.   Arrest Store owners trying to open their businesses.   And these same “leaders” stand by as rioters loot, burn, and destroy property of others.   If someone can explain this conundrum, please do so, because it makes zero sense to me.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...