Amazon Taxes

Youngcoach123

4 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Is it a bad image? How so?

i think it’s a worse imagine that everything the sell is from China.

Amazon can produce their tax records for 2018, but don't.  I see you fighting for them, but not Amazon.  

4 minutes ago, JETT said:

And it will continue to be that way til prices drastically get lowered

It is not just pricing or labor cost.  In China they don't care about how much pollution you dump in the water or air.  Don't forget Health Insurance and no OSHA over there in China also.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

You can’t lower our prices unless you drastically drop regulations, and that won’t work for some industries.  You have to tariff the heck out of China and raise there prices to ours.

You have to be specific on what regulations to get rid of.  The ones where you can't dump your waste in the water or air ?  

Just now, BlahBlah said:

You have to be specific on what regulations to get rid of.  The ones where you can't dump your waste in the water or air ?  

Right, or worker protection laws. I don’t think we need to get rid of any of those. But in some industries it’s way more intrusive than that.

2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

It is not just pricing or labor cost.  In China they don't care about how much pollution you dump in the water or air.  Don't forget Health Insurance and no OSHA over there in China also.  

Agreed, we have to take the ability of there’s to make cheap products and under cut Americans by use of tariffs.

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

Agreed, we have to take the ability of there’s to make cheap products and under cut Americans by use of tariffs.

Ever watch Shark Tank?  The panel always wants to the start-up company over seas to make more money.  

1 minute ago, BlahBlah said:

Ever watch Shark Tank?  The panel always wants to the start-up company over seas to make more money.  

If I started up a company I would do the same. That is the rules set by our gov for citizens to play by. The gov can and should change those rules.

• Like 2

If you know how to read an SEC Form 10K, you can find the answer about Amazon and taxes without google's help.

Amazon.com has their Annual Report for 2019 on it. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has a search function as well.

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, threejs said:

per Amazon 10k - Cash taxes paid (net of refunds)for 2017 was $957 million.... for 2018 was $1.2 billion....for 2019 is was $881 million...page 63

Sounds like they are paying a decent little amount of taxes!

51 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Sounds like they are paying a decent little amount of taxes!

Yes... and no one really says anything.  But if Trump disclosed his, it would be mass hysteria. I know Trump paid little to no taxes... he used the advantages of the system just like these other billionaires.  I would like to see him fix some of these holes.  I don’t care if Amazon only pays $14m in taxes, it’s more than 0.  

im telling you guys, we need a straight across the board tax.  7-10% sales tax on everything for the individual and 20% tax on all for profit businesses.  Completely trash the IRS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yes... and no one really says anything.  But if Trump disclosed his, it would be mass hysteria. I know Trump paid little to no taxes... he used the advantages of the system just like these other billionaires.  I would like to see him fix some of these holes.  I don’t care if Amazon only pays $14m in taxes, it’s more than 0.  

im telling you guys, we need a straight across the board tax.  7-10% sales tax on everything for the individual and 20% tax on all for profit businesses.  Completely trash the IRS.

He's not going to fix these holes, it would mean he'd have to pay in as well and we all know he doesn't.... i recall during the debates he was asked if he'd release his taxes im pretty sure he said yes they were working on it..... still waiting, makes me not want to pay mine... no one is above the law they say hmmmmm.....

53 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I wish we could come up with some sort of flat tax and abolish the IRS.  Too much lobbying money for that to happen thought.

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

I wish we could come up with some sort of flat tax and abolish the IRS.  Too much lobbying money for that to happen thought.

We did.  No one wanted with $$$ wanted to support Mike Huckabees run for president with the Fair Tax.