Defund the Police

ObiOne

10 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Saw where some protesters were throwing rocks at cars. Dude confronts them and and they said “ call the police “ ummm..... about that.

I saw this last night, and there is extreme language in this, but what she was stating is true.  Many of these looters and rioters don't care whose neighborhood they destroy.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1ld1uGpXA  

9 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Glossary of Acronyms
AHRQ: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; part of HHS.
CCID: Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases; part of CDC.
CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; part of HHS.
CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; part of HHS.
DHQP: Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion; part of NCPDCID under CDC. DOL: US Department of Labor; Cabinet-level agency charged with protection of
the American workforce.
EPA: US Environmental Protection Agency; Cabinet-level agency charged with
protection of the environment.
FDA: Food and Drug Administration; part of HHS.
HHS: US Department of Health and Human Services; Cabinet-level primary
health agency in the US.
HICPAC: Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee; part of CDC. HRSA: Health Resources and Services Administration; part of HHS.
IOM: Institute of Medicine; non-governmental agency.
NCPDCID: National Center for preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious
diseases; part of CCID under CDC.
NIAID: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; part of NIH. NIH: National Institutes of Health; part of HHS.
NIOSH: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health; part of CDC. NLM: National Library of Medicine; part of NIH.
OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Administration; part of DOL.

I think we have plenty alternatives to the WHO

Yep, we're already spending enough at home than to fund the WHO, but even all of these agencies failed us.  Instead we're told it was President Trump by the left.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BoHogg said:

It's been current for a while.

“Of course the number one issue we face as county jail operators is mental health and what we do with inmates that face mental health and mental health crises,” explained Sheriff Dennis Wilson of Limestone County, who also serves as President of the Sheriffs Association of Texas.

“For a number of years, our society — for whatever reason — has chosen to put those with mental health issues in and use the criminal justice [system] to hide them. We have finally realized the fact that that’s not the proper way to treat people,” Wilson continued. “There is nothing in the penal code that says a person with mental health issues should be held criminally responsible.”

Wilson explained that law enforcement are often called first when someone goes into a mental health crisis, and if mental health facilities cannot accept those individuals, jails must continue to house them.

Go visit your local chief and sheriff and ask. They'd be glad to explain and enlist your help.

My brother has mental issues, and he's been arrested several times over the past couple of years.  Of course they won't put him away in Rusk where he needs to be, and he lives on a retirement from the U.S.P.S.. He can't be controlled, but he's become as an 8 year old, and thinks the way of a child now.  At one time, I would have said he was the most intelligent one in my family, high grades in school, aptitude of understanding problems, artistic ability, and other cognitive functions.  After his divorce he deteriorated mentally.  He was too much of an idealistic dreamer that all in the world should be good, but wasn't pragmatic or a realist.  He couldn't understand that bad things can happen to good people no matter how hard they tried.  We see this with many of our homeless as well.   Many families can't deal with them, and the Government doesn't have the resources to help them, so instead they wind up in jail which is the cheapest form of punishment instead of treatment.   

What I find strange is we are seeing more and more of this today than we did say 30 years ago.   I wish I had the time to do the research on it.  I think it will only become worse in the next 50 years with the way many have been raised with an easy life, and everything is given to them.  My Momma did baby him after his wife divorced him.  That leads me to think that helicopter parenting is only going to bring on more problems with mental health in the future.   Human beings need failure, so we can rise up again.  

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

What I find strange is we are seeing more and more of this today than we did say 30 years ago.   I wish I had the time to do the research on it.  I think it will only become worse in the next 50 years 

50 years ago there were 4 times the mental hospitals that there are today

11 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

50 years ago there were 4 times the mental hospitals that there are today

I would need to see where you got that information.   It seems we have more rehab and wellness centers today, than we did when sanitorums and insane asylums were prevalent.  

21 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Sorry to know this and hope he is able to get treatment.  Texas woefully fails in this area....https://www.mhanational.org/issues/ranking-states

Every state fails at this. We closed down facilities because we didn’t like the concept of containment for the mentally ill. 

https://dualdiagnosis.org/mental-health-and-addiction/history/

22 hours ago, BoHogg said:

Sorry to know this and hope he is able to get treatment.  Texas woefully fails in this area....https://www.mhanational.org/issues/ranking-states

He has already been kicked out of two wellness centers, because he didn't want to abide by their rules.  He's been given help at many places,  so I know they are out there.  The problem is his oldest son has power of attorney over him and refuses to have  him committed .  

2 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

1591553781224.png

1. Early release of prisoners to help stop the spread of covid 

2.  Allow protests to become riots in urban areas.

3. Defund police in high crime cities. 

Sounds like a great plan.  

Sounds like the clients running the asylum now

47 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

1591553781224.png

1. Early release of prisoners to help stop the spread of covid 

2.  Allow protests to become riots in urban areas.

3. Defund police in high crime cities. 

Sounds like a great plan.  

Sounds like a good reason to not visit New York 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

The BLM is a Terrorist organization, in my opinion.

First, no, they are not. They just scare people like you out in the sticks and are used as a trigger. 
That didn't actually happen. The guy received injuries after running at people with a sword trying to protect his favorite bar. He admitted to provoking and being generally unwise. 

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

First, no, they are not. They just scare people like you out in the sticks and are used as a trigger. 
That didn't actually happen. The guy received injuries after running at people with a sword trying to protect his favorite bar. He admitted to provoking and being generally unwise. 

So, because he’s still alive that means BLM isn’t a terrorist organization? 

82B935D3-1628-4BB0-B728-FF794880AAA0.gif

• Like 1

Heard a guy this morning on NPR from the Minneapolis city council, and he said that the plan was to start over, with the assistance of the county police temporarily and re-form into different departments, with mental and medical health professionals handling some things, social services handling others, and then police being heavily trained in community engagement and de escalation. He said that they had tried to reform the MPD, and that the chief was on board with it, but that the rank and file had resisted, and the union had kept bad officers in place. That was his take. 

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Heard a guy this morning on NPR from the Minneapolis city council, and he said that the plan was to start over, with the assistance of the county police temporarily and re-form into different departments, with mental and medical health professionals handling some things, social services handling others, and then police being heavily trained in community engagement and de escalation. He said that they had tried to reform the MPD, and that the chief was on board with it, but that the rank and file had resisted, and the union had kept bad officers in place. That was his take. 

Unions only care about dues; no matter who pays them.