Coaches on the hot seat

nacdragon07

52 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

That schedule was probably a strong factor.

Agreed, the schedule was difficult last year so I would think that with this year's schedule LE wins at least 6 games and makes some noise in the playoffs.

I know this topic will come and go throughout the years but its a shame that it is so discussed.  I am a high school coach in a neighboring state.  Im not crazy about coaches jobs being in jeopordy.  Sure if a coach isn't doing his job well he or she should face consequenses of losing their job.  Coaches have so much invested in kids, schools, communities and of course their own families.  I am not at all bragging but I have had alot of success coaching football and track.  My 1st job in Texas (assistant) was at a school that was in a no win situation.  I was fired by the new incoming AD.  This was extremely difficult to handle at the time.  Its tough to be fired at 23 years of age when you did the best you could in a rough situation.  After it happened I was 99% sure I was leaving the coaching profession.  Luckily I changed states and got in a successful program.  I have been fortunate enough to win 2 state titles over the last 20 years.  I have been blessed to be apart of hundreds of kids lives.  This has made me such a better man to apart of so many kids. lives.  I know this topic hasn't got out of hand but please never use names or trash coaches that are doing the best they can.  Most people never have to tell their wives and children they have to leave their home because school board members or community members get mad at a coach for whatever reason.  Just my oppinion though. 

• Like 1