The Smoakhouse Forums
Pax

Most and least wins in last decade

44 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Gilmer just missed the cut with 116 wins.

I thought that an odd list without the buckeyes. That 6-6 or whatever season hurt .

Yes we went 6-7 in 2018 that cost us , that said if your worst season in 15 or more years you got to the 3rd round thats not too bad.

Crazy to think Refugio, Aledo, and Allen each won more games on their own than the bottom 13 teams combined. 

Newton had 115 wins but playing the likes of Henderson,Gilmer,West Orange and Silsbee in pre district kind of slowed us down.

That's a weird list in that they only give the top 18 in wins and top 13 in losses.  Why not just make it a "top 20"?

I also woulda thunk Katy would be on there, although I haven't looked it up.

41 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

That's a weird list in that they only give the top 18 in wins and top 13 in losses.  Why not just make it a "top 20"?

I also woulda thunk Katy would be on there, although I haven't looked it up.

The author is probably a fan of Gunter, SLC or Wall.  Had to go a few more spots to get them in the list.  Or their team has 15 wins on the list with the fewest # of wins.  😂

32 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The author is probably a fan of Gunter, SLC or Wall.  Had to go a few more spots to get them in the list.  Or their team has 15 wins on the list with the fewest # of wins.  😂

Yep, that makes sense...🤭

they could have done a list with teams with over 100 wins and teams with less then 20 wins that way it could have been expanded a little more

5 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Or expanding one more would involve a tie among more than just a handful of teams and then you would have an arbitrarily long list instead of an arbitrarily short one.  

4 hours ago, Pax said:

Or expanding one more would involve a tie among more than just a handful of teams and then you would have an arbitrarily long list instead of an arbitrarily short one.  

Maybe so.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:09 PM, BuckNut said:

Gilmer just missed the cut with 116 wins.

Are y'all gettong a new high school? 

8 minutes ago, Panther89 said:

Are y'all gettong a new high school? 

That they are. 

Considering how we started the decade (0-40), I'm glad we were able to get off of the fewest wins list (finished with 20.)

• Like 1

It is just filthy that Scott Surratt is 57-6 lifetime in the playoffs!!

I know everyone is talking about the winning programs. But I got to give some respect to Coach Castillo at Diamond Hill Jarvis. Taking a team that had 6 straight winless seasons and to do what he has done is great to see. Sure he went 0-10 his first season and they still struggle greatly in district, but to see them go from that to a 5-5 team is fantastic. 8 wins in 2 seasons doesn't sound like much, but at a program and community like that it means everything.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coach1990 said:

I know everyone is talking about the winning programs. But I got to give some respect to Coach Castillo at Diamond Hill Jarvis. Taking a team that had 6 straight winless seasons and to do what he has done is great to see. Sure he went 0-10 his first season and they still struggle greatly in district, but to see them go from that to a 5-5 team is fantastic. 8 wins in 2 seasons doesn't sound like much, but at a program and community like that it means everything.

If you see progress then anything is attainable. Once the losing mentality stops the wins will come. If you don’t believe it no one else will either.