Dave Campbell/Ap preseason 3AD2 top 10

lionpride08

Hard to argue, but I do think Abernathy is high. They lost their QB, and that offense was all him. Also replacing the coach. The new QB from Lubbock is good, but he is not Bryson Daily. 

Also think it is splitting hairs between 2/3. 

44 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I wish they didn’t start changing rankings until district started lol. Our schedule is nasty in the pre district. 

I know what you mean we got Cameron Yoe and a loaded Troy team in non district both will be ranked in the top 10 in 3ad1 and then Lorena who will prolly be at least top 15 in 3ad1 as well in non district

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Same here. They’ll make noise. I know this is based off last years performance but watch Waskom. Those boys were good last year and they were babies. They’ll be stout the next two seasons. 

Watch out for EF and Hughes Springs too. They will make some noise. EF only graduated 4 seniors.

3 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

Hard to argue, but I do think Abernathy is high. They lost their QB, and that offense was all him. Also replacing the coach. The new QB from Lubbock is good, but he is not Bryson Daily. 

Also think it is splitting hairs between 2/3. 

I agree that Abernathy is to high. I'm good with all the others. I like where we sit. Should be a good fun season if all goes right.

51 minutes ago, spanky said:

Thought Hughes Springs graduated a lot, something like 18 Srs

They did but they had alot of juniors that started both ways. Their Oline will be key. They return a solid qb that filled in last season against Atlanta and Jefferson and HS won both of those. Also watch out for their RB #24 he's a freight train. They'll make some noise. I'd love to see them in Rd 1 or 2 lol

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I know what you mean we got Cameron Yoe and a loaded Troy team in non district both will be ranked in the top 10 in 3ad1 and then Lorena who will prolly be at least top 15 in 3ad1 as well in non district

I definitely see Troy being in that mix.  Cameron may get a nod because of tradition, but I'm not sure how accurate that would be.  With regards to pre-season polls, I believe Cameron and Lorena are both top 20-ish type teams.  

6 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I agree that Abernathy is to high. I'm good with all the others. I like where we sit. Should be a good fun season if all goes right.

Yes sir. We got to see Daily 3 years in a row. He was special, big, fast, and strong. It will be tough without him and some of that big line. 

Any of these top 10 teams have a legitimate shot. Also, if y’all get the chance to see Morton from Eastland, do it. He is the real deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

I definitely see Troy being in that mix.  Cameron may get a nod because of tradition, but I'm not sure how accurate that would be.  With regards to pre-season polls, I believe Cameron and Lorena are both top 20-ish type teams.  

Lorena biggest question is replacing the qb... Pretty young last year over all... I put cameron in the top 10 because of tradition but yall have quiet a bit to replace but replace and reload is what the yoe have always done

4 hours ago, 1jacket said:

Watch out for EF and Hughes Springs too. They will make some noise. EF only graduated 4 seniors.

They should be pretty dam good, the Wilkerson kid could be the best QB EF has ever had and we had some dam good QBs come thru, he's definitely been the fastest.

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

But are they sawfttt?

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

With those many starters coming back, I hope not

Nah, they won't be sawfttt. The coach that took over the defense changed that. He created a different mindset with those kids. They got farther away from the soft play label than they have been in the last few years. They return most of those kids and the coach, so I do not think they will be soft this year either.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

They should be pretty dam good, the Wilkerson kid could be the best QB EF has ever had and we had some dam good QBs come thru, he's definitely been the fastest.

Yep. EF has had some good QBs, Tim Curry, Trevor Spears, Logan Hughes just to name a few.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, lionpride08 said:

#1 Gunter

#2 Canadian

#3 Daingerfield

#4 Paul Pewitt

#5 Newton

#6 Abernathy

#7 East Bernard

#8 Franklin

#9 Eastland

#10 Holiday

What does Pewitt return this season? Celina has them on the schedule Sept. 18. When I first saw that matchup come out, I thought it was silly for the Bobcats to schedule a team two divisions apart. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I think the Brahmas will have some tools to push Celina in a few spots. It'll be a nice week to get nostalgic about that 2005 state title game, too.

8 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

What does Pewitt return this season? Celina has them on the schedule Sept. 18. When I first saw that matchup come out, I thought it was silly for the Bobcats to schedule a team two divisions apart. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I think the Brahmas will have some tools to push Celina in a few spots. It'll be a nice week to get nostalgic about that 2005 state title game, too.

To be honest im not sure but i want to say they return a good bit... Nothing wrong with scheduling up or down if the team is good it will only make you better... We have played down to play Mart but we have also played up and played Navasota

To be honest im not sure but i want to say they return a good bit... Nothing wrong with scheduling up or down if the team is good it will only make you better... We have played down to play Mart but we have also played up and played Navasota

I completely agree. Celina scheduled "down" against Daingerfield in 2008-09 and lost two close games. But those Tigers teams were something special, and it made Celina much, much better. I also think those Daingerfield teams would have done just fine in the old 3A those seasons.

Either way, Div. II looks like it's going to have some fun matchups this season for sure.

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

I think PP lost several of their skill guys but they return almost all of their offensive and defensive lines.  I'd put their lineman up against a lot of bigger schools...very impressive size, speed, toughness.  They also had some good young skill guys so they should be pretty salty.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, lionpride08 said:

#1 Gunter

#2 Canadian

#3 Daingerfield

#4 Paul Pewitt

#5 Newton

#6 Abernathy

#7 East Bernard

#8 Franklin

#9 Eastland

#10 Holiday

Anybody know what Gunter is returning this year?