Dave Campbell/Ap preseason 3AD2 top 10

lionpride08

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Maybe cancel all preseason scrimmages and non district games. Go straight to district games, eliminate the bi week and get playoffs started. Maybe top 2 teams from each district advance to help push things along faster. 

I don't like that at all, I rather have a full season, I don't want half a football season and no scrimmages or non district games is definitely not a good idea IMO, these kids will need tuning up 

Maybe cancel all preseason scrimmages and non district games. Go straight to district games, eliminate the bi week and get playoffs started. Maybe top 2 teams from each district advance to help push things along faster. 

UIL won’t make as much money this way so they wouldn’t be for it. 

Me too. All this is about a big fat nothing which makes it more irritating. Just trying to think of a way to get some ball played and a champ crowned. Hate to see a big asterisk by the 2020 season. Daughter got robbed of her senior year. Just don’t want anymore students to get robbed of theirs. 

University of Texas baseball and softball teams could've made some serious noise this yr that got robbed of theirs also, they both had the best teams they had in yrs 

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Don’t be shocked if Waskom ends up being the best team from this area.

Possibilities are endless at the moment. One thing I can say is that Dfield is loaded this year imo. This new OC may be the thing we've needed to get 9ver that hump.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They were very good last year. Their record doesn’t indicate that because they were the age of a JV team. They’ll be in the running the next 2-3 seasons for sure. 

They surprised alot of people with that young team. They have a hell of a coach too. 

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They were very good last year. Their record doesn’t indicate that because they were the age of a JV team. They’ll be in the running the next 2-3 seasons for sure. 

They had about 3-4 eighth graders that would have been good enough play on the varsities of several teams in that district last year.

18 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Who brought that guy in? I agree. Offense will be totally unstoppable. They were good just winging it but with some discipline and some actual drawn up plays sky is the limit. 

No clue who. Just glad they did. Anyone that's learned under the GOAT for 7years and actually listened has more insight about football than most small towns entire coaching staffs.

23 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Who brought that guy in? I agree. Offense will be totally unstoppable. They were good just winging it but with some discipline and some actual drawn up plays sky is the limit. 

That is the never ending story before each season in Daingerfield every year.

”New Guy will suddenly change what no other coach before him changed.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

No clue who. Just glad they did. Anyone that's learned under the GOAT for 7years and actually listened has more insight about football than most small towns entire coaching staffs.

I'm looking forward to the EF/Daingerfield game this year. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That is the never ending story before each season in Daingerfield every year.

”New Guy will suddenly change what no other coach before him changed.”

You say that but when our biggest hater says it, it makes me feel happy inside lol.... you're right tho. We expect it so we say it every year. Better than how them Tadum folks are tho lmao

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Newton will be hanging around. If the uil dont cancel the season. 

If UIL cancels the up coming season in sports, they might as well go ahead and cancel the next four season if November doesn't go in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, hope all is well for everyone, I’m just hoping we can get this COVID-19 out the way so we can have a season, man I can’t imagine no Friday night lights for the 2020 season I will be so sick..

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rock95 said:

Hey guys, hope all is well for everyone, I’m just hoping we can get this COVID-19 out the way so we can have a season, man I can’t imagine no Friday night lights for the 2020 season I will be so sick..

Yeah man. This stinks not knowing but imo I doubt we get to see a real season in 2020

18 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Yeah man. This stinks not knowing but imo I doubt we get to see a real season in 2020

Maybe just push the schedule back.  Start first game Nov 6th. Plague should be over about then.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:31 PM, Valhalla said:

They had about 3-4 eighth graders that would have been good enough play on the varsities of several teams in that district last year.

Not any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs. Not discounting the 3-4 kids, but that's a knock on the varsity kids, at least the ones from the playoff participants.

Just now, DeBerryJacket said:

Not any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs. Not discounting the 3-4 kids, but that's a knock on the varsity kids, at least the ones from the playoff participants.

They would have played for Diana and probably EF.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

They would have played for Diana and probably EF.

Did you watch EF play last year? Diana? I can probably guess which 3-4 kids from Waskom you are talking about and I would have to disagree with you. EF's 8th grade team beat those 3-4 kids from Waskom. I watched the game. Don't think those 3-4 kids would have taken a spot of anyone from EF or Diana.

• Like 1