Dave Campbell/Ap preseason 3AD2 top 10

lionpride08

21 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Did you watch EF play last year? Diana? I can probably guess which 3-4 kids from Waskom you are talking about and I would have to disagree with you. EF's 8th grade team beat those 3-4 kids from Waskom. I watched the game. Don't think those 3-4 kids would have taken a spot of anyone from EF or Diana.

I saw them both at all levels. 

Diana had like 17 kids on their varsity. 

And notice that I did not say be a starter. I said could be on varsity.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:47 PM, rock95 said:

Hey guys, hope all is well for everyone, I’m just hoping we can get this COVID-19 out the way so we can have a season, man I can’t imagine no Friday night lights for the 2020 season I will be so sick..

So will alot of seniors that won't be able to play their senior season, alot of athletes are relying on their senior year scholarship wise, alot of this covid 19 is BS 

• Like 1

The majority of people are simple minded in some ways.  They listen to a familiar face on TV and believe every thing they say.  Many worship the movie stars and other artist and actually think their opinion is at a higher level than other Americans.
Science is only pulled in to show a little piece of the picture and is never broadcast in totality   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 7:42 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

Did you watch EF play last year? Diana? I can probably guess which 3-4 kids from Waskom you are talking about and I would have to disagree with you. EF's 8th grade team beat those 3-4 kids from Waskom. I watched the game. Don't think those 3-4 kids would have taken a spot of anyone from EF or Diana.

EFs 8th grade team was pretty good last year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Any of you small school guys moving to a larger venue to allow more fans to attend? I hear we are playing our home games in MP to allow more in with the 50% capacity rule. It stinks for our seniors. 

I have not heard of anybody else doing that. 

What is the capacity of Pewitt’s home stadium?

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I have not heard of anybody else doing that. 

What is the capacity of Pewitt’s home stadium?

TexasBob says P P total capacity is 2150.......So, roughly 1300 home side, 850 visitor

M. P. Is 4000-4000

37 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Kids aren’t to happy about it. I don’t blame them. I’d like to play my last year on my own field. Let’s just hope everyone gets to play a full season 

The decision seems to be more about the fans than the actual kids imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Kids aren’t to happy about it. I don’t blame them. I’d like to play my last year on my own field. Let’s just hope everyone gets to play a full season 

Maybe it beats the alternative. This is my daughters senior year. If they told me that I had to drive to a different stadium so that all the parents could be allowed in to see their kids perform I would gladly do it. This whole thing is a mess and everyone has to make the best of it and pray we get to have a season. She’s already losing half the games because the band and drill teams will not travel to away games. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Maybe it beats the alternative. This is my daughters senior year. If they told me that I had to drive to a different stadium so that all the parents could be allowed in to see their kids perform I would gladly do it. This whole thing is a mess and everyone has to make the best of it and pray we get to have a season. She’s already losing half the games because the band and drill teams will not travel to away games. 

Football teams can travel to play a football game, but the band can't travel to the games to play their instruments, that makes zero sense to me.

Just now, TDJ89 said:

Football teams can travel to play a football game, but the band can't travel to the games to play their instruments, that makes zero sense to me.

Nothing makes sense anymore. If you try to make sense of it you’ll lose your mind 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You gonna get the wrath of band parents here in a second EB. They serious bout that horn tootin’

Not gonna lie I ain’t never been a big band fan (halftime was to get food lol) but when my daughter got into dancing on the drill team and I saw the passion she has for it I changed. I love watching her perform and she is nonstop smiles doing it. I have no idea what I’m watching but I love watching her do something that she loves to do. She loves the football team and everything that goes with supporting them. She is a senior this year and once she is no longer dancing I may never watch halftime again but I fault no one who supports the band or their kids in everything that they do. Football is a sport but it is also something that brings a community together in more ways than what happens on the field. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

If we’re being honest it’s called football season for a reason. 

Here is an idea, because of social distancing in 2020........When team “a” and team “b” play football at team “a” stadium, have the 2 bands gather at team “b” stadium - have battle of the bands, marching, whatever, for as long as they want that night.