#3 Daingerfield

#4 Paul Pewitt

#5 Newton

#6 Abernathy

#7 East Bernard

#8 Franklin

#9 Eastland

#10 Holiday

What does Pewitt return this season? Celina has them on the schedule Sept. 18. When I first saw that matchup come out, I thought it was silly for the Bobcats to schedule a team two divisions apart. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I think the Brahmas will have some tools to push Celina in a few spots. It'll be a nice week to get nostalgic about that 2005 state title game, too.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too. All this is about a big fat nothing which makes it more irritating. Just trying to think of a way to get some ball played and a champ crowned. Hate to see a big asterisk by the 2020 season. Da

Same here. They’ll make noise. I know this is based off last years performance but watch Waskom. Those boys were good last year and they were babies. They’ll be stout the next two seasons. 

Hey guys, hope all is well for everyone, I’m just hoping we can get this COVID-19 out the way so we can have a season, man I can’t imagine no Friday night lights for the 2020 season I will be so sick.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

What does Pewitt return this season? Celina has them on the schedule Sept. 18. When I first saw that matchup come out, I thought it was silly for the Bobcats to schedule a team two divisions apart. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I think the Brahmas will have some tools to push Celina in a few spots. It'll be a nice week to get nostalgic about that 2005 state title game, too.

To be honest im not sure but i want to say they return a good bit... Nothing wrong with scheduling up or down if the team is good it will only make you better... We have played down to play Mart but we have also played up and played Navasota

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

To be honest im not sure but i want to say they return a good bit... Nothing wrong with scheduling up or down if the team is good it will only make you better... We have played down to play Mart but we have also played up and played Navasota

I completely agree. Celina scheduled "down" against Daingerfield in 2008-09 and lost two close games. But those Tigers teams were something special, and it made Celina much, much better. I also think those Daingerfield teams would have done just fine in the old 3A those seasons.

Either way, Div. II looks like it's going to have some fun matchups this season for sure.

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

I think PP lost several of their skill guys but they return almost all of their offensive and defensive lines.  I'd put their lineman up against a lot of bigger schools...very impressive size, speed, toughness.  They also had some good young skill guys so they should be pretty salty.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, lionpride08 said:

#1 Gunter

#2 Canadian

#3 Daingerfield

#4 Paul Pewitt

#5 Newton

#6 Abernathy

#7 East Bernard

#8 Franklin

#9 Eastland

#10 Holiday

Anybody know what Gunter is returning this year?  

11 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

10-1 defense vs the rushing attack

14 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Glad you liked it lol. I’m not thrilled about it. We may be competitive this year, but year after this one will get nasty quick fast and in a hurry. Wasn’t happy when my boy scheduled them. Dang sure wasn’t happy when he rolled out afterwards lol. 

11 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

GW should take them to the woodshed! It's up to GW in what they want to do.

Are you talking about Gladewater? 

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

It would be interesting since we don’t play each other this season 😂

That’s what I was thinking 🤔 🤣

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

That’s what I was thinking 🤔🤣

I will be following you guys. I saw the young talent you guys have coming and will be surprised if you aren’t in the thick of things the next few seasons. Our kids just need to put in the work and keep the injury bug away (and not have the season cancelled). Across the board this team is super talented. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Glad you liked it lol. I’m not thrilled about it. We may be competitive this year, but year after this one will get nasty quick fast and in a hurry. Wasn’t happy when my boy scheduled them. Dang sure wasn’t happy when he rolled out afterwards lol. 

Well, maybe it’s just a one-year matchup lol. You guys have a big talent drop off next year?

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

I will be following you guys. I saw the young talent you guys have coming and will be surprised if you aren’t in the thick of things the next few seasons. Our kids just need to put in the work and keep the injury bug away (and not have the season cancelled). Across the board this team is super talented. 

Yeah, Gladewater is a top 3 team this season IMO... loaded with talent at every skill position and just about everyone returns from last years team. 

This years Freshman/Sophomore class has a chance to do something special the next 3-4 years. We will just have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

Well, maybe it’s just a one-year matchup lol. You guys have a big talent drop off next year?

Huge would be putting it mildly. Just a cycle for little schools. 

16 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes. My bad I thought y'all played.

West Rusk dropped back down a division so they won’t play Gladewater in district anymore. 

• Thanks 1