The Smoakhouse Forums

Dave Campbell/Ap preseason 3AD2 top 10

On 7/9/2020 at 8:31 PM, Valhalla said:

They had about 3-4 eighth graders that would have been good enough play on the varsities of several teams in that district last year.

Not any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs. Not discounting the 3-4 kids, but that's a knock on the varsity kids, at least the ones from the playoff participants.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too. All this is about a big fat nothing which makes it more irritating. Just trying to think of a way to get some ball played and a champ crowned. Hate to see a big asterisk by the 2020 season. Da

Same here. They’ll make noise. I know this is based off last years performance but watch Waskom. Those boys were good last year and they were babies. They’ll be stout the next two seasons. 

Hey guys, hope all is well for everyone, I’m just hoping we can get this COVID-19 out the way so we can have a season, man I can’t imagine no Friday night lights for the 2020 season I will be so sick.

Posted Images

Just now, DeBerryJacket said:

Not any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs. Not discounting the 3-4 kids, but that's a knock on the varsity kids, at least the ones from the playoff participants.

They would have played for Diana and probably EF.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

They would have played for Diana and probably EF.

Did you watch EF play last year? Diana? I can probably guess which 3-4 kids from Waskom you are talking about and I would have to disagree with you. EF's 8th grade team beat those 3-4 kids from Waskom. I watched the game. Don't think those 3-4 kids would have taken a spot of anyone from EF or Diana.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Did you watch EF play last year? Diana? I can probably guess which 3-4 kids from Waskom you are talking about and I would have to disagree with you. EF's 8th grade team beat those 3-4 kids from Waskom. I watched the game. Don't think those 3-4 kids would have taken a spot of anyone from EF or Diana.

I saw them both at all levels. 

Diana had like 17 kids on their varsity. 

And notice that I did not say be a starter. I said could be on varsity.

13 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

He sounds worried.

Worried about the elections?

On 7/12/2020 at 9:47 PM, rock95 said:

Hey guys, hope all is well for everyone, I’m just hoping we can get this COVID-19 out the way so we can have a season, man I can’t imagine no Friday night lights for the 2020 season I will be so sick..

So will alot of seniors that won't be able to play their senior season, alot of athletes are relying on their senior year scholarship wise, alot of this covid 19 is BS 

• Like 1

The majority of people are simple minded in some ways.  They listen to a familiar face on TV and believe every thing they say.  Many worship the movie stars and other artist and actually think their opinion is at a higher level than other Americans.
Science is only pulled in to show a little piece of the picture and is never broadcast in totality   

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any of you small school guys moving to a larger venue to allow more fans to attend? I hear we are playing our home games in MP to allow more in with the 50% capacity rule. It stinks for our seniors. 

On 7/15/2020 at 7:42 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

EFs 8th grade team was pretty good last year. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Any of you small school guys moving to a larger venue to allow more fans to attend? I hear we are playing our home games in MP to allow more in with the 50% capacity rule. It stinks for our seniors. 

I have not heard of anybody else doing that. 

What is the capacity of Pewitt’s home stadium?

25 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Not sure. It’s a packed house every Friday though. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

TexasBob says P P total capacity is 2150.......So, roughly 1300 home side, 850 visitor

M. P. Is 4000-4000

11 hours ago, cotton84 said:

TexasBob says P P total capacity is 2150.......So, roughly 1300 home side, 850 visitor

M. P. Is 4000-4000

Kids aren’t to happy about it. I don’t blame them. I’d like to play my last year on my own field. Let’s just hope everyone gets to play a full season 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Kids aren’t to happy about it. I don’t blame them. I’d like to play my last year on my own field. Let’s just hope everyone gets to play a full season 

The decision seems to be more about the fans than the actual kids imo.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Maybe it beats the alternative. This is my daughters senior year. If they told me that I had to drive to a different stadium so that all the parents could be allowed in to see their kids perform I would gladly do it. This whole thing is a mess and everyone has to make the best of it and pray we get to have a season. She’s already losing half the games because the band and drill teams will not travel to away games. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Maybe it beats the alternative. This is my daughters senior year. If they told me that I had to drive to a different stadium so that all the parents could be allowed in to see their kids perform I would gladly do it. This whole thing is a mess and everyone has to make the best of it and pray we get to have a season. She’s already losing half the games because the band and drill teams will not travel to away games. 

Completely agree. Told one of the kids just be happy your playing. Let’s keep our fingers crossed they get a full season in. 

8 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Football teams can travel to play a football game, but the band can't travel to the games to play their instruments, that makes zero sense to me.

Just now, TDJ89 said:

Football teams can travel to play a football game, but the band can't travel to the games to play their instruments, that makes zero sense to me.

Nothing makes sense anymore. If you try to make sense of it you’ll lose your mind 😂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Less kids to take up capacity. 

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Less kids to take up capacity. 

Plus hard to have a mask when you’re tooting a horn. 

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Plus hard to have a mask when you’re rooting a horn. 

If that's the case, the home teams bands shouldn't be allowed to play at their home games.