DCTF 3A DI Top 10 Comparison

Yoe09

Alright, DCTF just released their top 10 rankings. 

1. Brock

2. Grandview

3. Pottsboro

4. Malakoff

5. Wall

6. Gladewater

7. Rockdale

8. Hallettsville

9.  Troy

10. Jourdanton

My Top 10 (from February)

1. Grandview

2. Brock

3. Gladewater

4. Troy

5. Wall

6. Pottsboro

7. Hallettsville

8. Rockdale

9. East Chambers

10. Malakoff

Only difference in terms of teams included is Jourdanton, which is do have at 14.  I did not include a region IV team in my rankings, but someone will be in the semifinals.  A lot of people will be intrigued by seeing Brock being over Grandview.  I personally don't have a problem with it.  I was not going to do that with my poll because of what Grandview does have coming back, but Brock is returning the house.  The writing was on the wall for those two to be in the top spots.  

Guest Tiger03lb

Great poll 09. I honestly don't see koff being a top 5 team this year, 8-15 imo, unless we get some big shoes to fill in at lb, rb, de spots. Which we very well could. 

Brock imo, has the edge with returning almost everyone. GV faces the same personnel issues on both sides of the ball on filling in on positions, maybe a bit more on the d/o line. So it should be interesting to see what they bring up. We'll find out the first game when we play each other. That game against koff/GV will be evenly matched this up coming year.

GW should be in the top 5 (3). With Johnny coming back and they just started opening up that playbook towards the end of the season and they could even be scarier, been saying this since 18'. I think Troy, EC, and Rockdale should be ranked higher. 

Pottsboro is a 5/10 ranked team, they'll be good but not like last year. 

All I know is region 2 is spout and is gonna be hard each round when playoff time comes. 

8 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

It's possible that the Yoemen maybe a 4th place team in that district.

Rockdale, Troy and Lorena will slip into that 3rd place slot.

It's very possible.  I don't believe there is going to be much of a difficulty difference in your bi-district opponent if you finish 3rd or 4th, as both Hallettsville and Columbus could be fairly even.  You may not see much of a difference finishing 2nd if Yoakum recovers.  Those are going to be very intriguing bi-district games.  

• 2 weeks later...

Since Rhoades left and Brashear has taken over the Yoemen program in 2016.  The Yoemen have slowly lost their edge of intimidation and respect their opponents had of them when they walked onto the field.  

You are starting to see the same lack of respect with the media.  If a Rhoades team brought back 4/4 that team would still be a top 5 team.    Especially with a 10-0 JV team from the previous season. 

A Brashear/Balch team now in the 2020 season maybe lucky to be a 4th place team in their district.  It's a good possibility the Yoemen maybe winless starting district play.  The program is slowly being brought down to mediocrity.

6 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Since Rhoades left and Brashear has taken over the Yoemen program in 2016.  The Yoemen have slowly lost their edge of intimidation and respect their opponents had of them when they walked onto the field.  

You are starting to see the same lack of respect with the media.  If a Rhoades team brought back 4/4 that team would still be a top 5 team.    Especially with a 10-0 JV team from the previous season. 

A Brashear/Balch team now in the 2020 season maybe lucky to be a 4th place team in their district.  It's a good possibility the Yoemen maybe winless starting district play.  The program is slowly being brought down to mediocrity.

It happens in high school football. Things run in cycles. Coaches come and go as well as talent. The amount of sustained success that programs like Carthage have had are unheard of and even they will eventually fall back into mediocrity. Just enjoy the good times while they are there to be enjoyed and support the kids no matter what!

16 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

It happens in high school football. Things run in cycles. Coaches come and go as well as talent. The amount of sustained success that programs like Carthage have had are unheard of and even they will eventually fall back into mediocrity. Just enjoy the good times while they are there to be enjoyed and support the kids no matter what!

I agree about supporting the kids. 

When you see the talent there and it's not being utilized.  That goes back to coaching.  

Cameron has a high level of talent in the system right now.  JV was 10-0 last year and the incoming junior group is 20-0 over the last two seasons.  The best talent is in the incoming soph and freshmen classes.  7th grade went undefeated in district.  

On 6/21/2020 at 6:50 AM, GWBears01 said:

there are certain schools in Texas that this does not happen to. When these schools have a down year or two or so forth it is bc of coaching not the talent they have in the system and these school just to name a few are:

Mart, Cameron, Allen, Katy, Brock, Refugio, Newton, Aledo and Canadian.

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Cameron has a high level of talent in the system right now.  JV was 10-0 last year and the incoming junior group is 20-0 over the last two seasons.  The best talent is in the incoming soph and freshmen classes.  7th grade went undefeated in district.  

The talent is there every season.  It's how you evaluate and place that talent for success  at the varsity level.

• Like 2