4a Division 1

Coach1990

On 7/1/2020 at 11:29 AM, kdogs00 said:

https://www.knoe.com/2020/06/30/gridiron-tales-mike-vallery/

Really enjoyed watching Kilgore play when this guy was here...he seemed to get the most out of his players...Great guy!!

Hands down Kilgore's greatest coach and coaching staff was when Mike Vallery was running the show. Vallery and his staff absolutely turned Kilgore sports around and definitely put Kilgore on the map in the competitive and winning aspects in HS sports. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, Raiderfan7000 said:

Was a great coach. I still am surprised Kilgore never went after his son and some of the former players. Would have been a interesting staff nonetheless.

I know people in the community would like for that to happen.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, Raiderfan7000 said:

Was a great coach. I still am surprised Kilgore never went after his son and some of the former players. Would have been a interesting staff nonetheless.

They actually tried to keep Chris Vallery as the OC but he wanted the head coaching job. I guess Mike Wood had more people pushing for him to take over I heard once Mata came in Chris Vallery left for Longview.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 6:14 AM, Raiderfan7000 said:

Would benefit even if current coach was there. I am not saying he is bad but a change in offense sometimes is beneficial.

Absolutely,  I heard keep Wood as AD and hire a football coach. Highly doubt that would be feasible but ive heard it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 10:22 AM, WhoamI97539 said:

Kilgore's updated football schedule 

Carthage 

Terrell 

Alvarado 

These 3 teams are replacing Nacogdoches, Hallsville, and Pine Tree

We went from the Maxpreps #765 (Nac), #827 (Hallsville), and #276 (PT) overall state-ranked teams to #15 (Cartridge), #870 (Terrell), and #308 (Alvarado).  

7 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Glad your coach played Carthage. Rivalry no matter how lopsided always are fun. Kilgore will be a lot to handle this year. 

The Carthage Kilgore rivalry isn’t lopsided, even in the Surratt era. Surratt is 6-3 against the K-Dogs. Almost all the games have been close, except on this current run from 2017-2019 where Carthage is 3-0 and outscored Kilgore 147-54. And before Surratt arrived Kilgore had dominated Carthage for a long time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

With what LeVega brings back. 
looks like WOS bit off way more than they should have. 
LeVega May have the best team that they have ever had this year. 
Just my opinion from a team loaded with Jr. and Sophomores on last years state championship game. 

glad carthage is gone. Arygle got this .

On 6/23/2020 at 11:35 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Watch for one of the new D1 teams to make a lot of noise. Calallen, Calhoun, or Miller. Usually teams dropping from the higher class make a lot of noise their 1st couple years. Kilgore, Henderson, Stephenville, and El Campo all had a ton of success in the 1st  couple of years. Wouldn’t be surprised if Phil Danaher gets his 1st state championship next year. La Vega is always going to be there as long as Don Hyde is the coach, and they have those athletes. Argyle and Lampasas should be good. Pretty heavy at the top of D1 this year. Should be a fun season to follow. La Vega vs Calallen at Jerry World would be my pick.

Vidor moving down to 104AD1 in Reg 3.    According to SETXSPORTS preview, returning 7 & 7.   Could make a good run.  As posted before, without Carthage, it’s wide open.

Btw, Week one will see La Vega vs WOS.   That should be one of the great opening season games.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

With what LeVega brings back. 
looks like WOS bit off way more than they should have. 
LeVega May have the best team that they have ever had this year. 
Just my opinion from a team loaded with Jr. and Sophomores on last years state championship game. 

I am thinking 2015 was their best team ever  judging from what we saw in LV in December I highly doubt this upcoming year will be the best team they ever had.

Saying that does not mean LV won’t win state with ease this year. However, I am sticking to my prediction of Lampasas  ring the state champions in the upcoming season.