The Smoakhouse Forums

Put Palestine lower Athens has a lot to prove and Chapel Hill being somewhat competitive. Three team race for first. If I had to pick don t know who was returning.

1. Kilgore 

2. lindale

3. Henderson 

4. Chapel Hill

Palestine

Athens 

Mabank

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deep playoff run. Dropping in classification sometimes gives a already good team confidence. 

Yes definitely Kilgor should be competitive. I do agree HJR7 in the sense that they were a .500 team returning only half their starters. But you never know.

Glad your coach played Carthage. Rivalry no matter how lopsided always are fun. Kilgore will be a lot to handle this year. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Put Palestine lower Athens has a lot to prove and Chapel Hill being somewhat competitive. Three team race for first. If I had to pick don t know who was returning.

1. Kilgore 

2. lindale

3. Henderson 

4. Chapel Hill

Palestine

Athens 

Mabank

I would swap CH and Palestine. Chapel Hill's last 7 years have been a head scratcher.

9 hours ago, StillALion said:

MaxPreps’ poll/rankings has it even closer and anybody’s district than this one — 5 of the 7 teams within 9 spots of each other ... 

District 9-4AD1 teams ... 

19 Kilgore  

22 Palestine 

25 Lindale 

26 Henderson

28 Mabank

And then Athens and Chapel Hill are 50 and 55.

Where on Maxpreps are these rankings?

11 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Where on Maxpreps are these rankings?

Not sure why but there’s not just a list with the teams and rankings anywhere on there  ... that I have seen at least.  Every team in the state has a post on their home page called “2020 (Team Name) Team Preview” and their preseason rank for their class and division is on there under “General Information.”  Here’s the one for Kilgore:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/kilgore-bulldogs-(kilgore,tx)/football/team_preview.htm

B7EDAF32-C98E-41C7-BCE6-9B99AF8F4B3F.jpeg

On 6/16/2020 at 7:00 AM, d0tc0m said:

Sounds like Argyle will still be loaded. It will basically come down to whether or not they can get over the La Vega hump in the Region II final. The Eagles will get tested early in non-district, that's for sure, with matchups against Nolan Catholic, Pleasant Grove, Celina and La Vega.

Yeah......that's like a murderer's row start, for sure.  I don't think you can say anything but positives about any of those 4 teams that Argyle will face in predistrict.  Argyle is in a 7-team district......so they will play 6 district games and only 4 predistrict games.  They will take their Bye Week after the 4th week and before they begin district play.

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Yeah......that's like a murderer's row start, for sure.  I don't think you can say anything but positives about any of those 4 teams that Argyle will face in predistrict.  Argyle is in a 7-team district......so they will play 6 district games and only 4 predistrict games.  They will take their Bye Week after the 4th week and before they begin district play.

Even if the Eagles drop a game or two in that slate, they’ll be fine. I forgot that they’re returning one of the best offensive lines in the state. That’s a huge, huge factor. If they do improve that defense, even just a little bit, I think this could truly be their year. But who knows. Just hope we have a full season!

10 minutes ago, slyone said:

Definitely keep an eye on El Campo. They have really good young skill guys. 

I have heard a lot about these young El Campo skill guys.  Highly recruited.  I have also heard EC only returns 2 OL that are incoming Jr’s.  Last I checked if the RB doesn’t get past the LOS before getting hit he will likely not be very productive, regardless of how good he is.  Seems to me EC May still be a year away from turning heads.

14 hours ago, StillALion said:

Not sure why but there’s not just a list with the teams and rankings anywhere on there  ... that I have seen at least.  Every team in the state has a post on their home page called “2020 (Team Name) Team Preview” and their preseason rank for their class and division is on there under “General Information.”  Here’s the one for Kilgore:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/kilgore-bulldogs-(kilgore,tx)/football/team_preview.htm

B7EDAF32-C98E-41C7-BCE6-9B99AF8F4B3F.jpeg

Interesting. Thank you.

It took me forever to figure out where it was. You'd think it would be on the main page without all the digging.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Interesting. Thank you.

It took me forever to figure out where it was. You'd think it would be on the main page without all the digging.

No prob.  Yeah not sure what they were thinking by not just having a list somewhere like they do for the national rankings.  But it’s there for each team if you don’t care about clicking from page to page for who you care about.  

From doing that here is the Top 15 also:

Top 15 ...

1 Argyle

2 LaVega

3 Lampasas

4 Springtown

5 Dumas 

6 Needville 

7 CC Calallen 

8 CC Miller

9t WF Hirschi 

9t PL Calhoun 

11 Paris 

12 Midlothian Heritage

13 Melissa 

14 Decatur

15 Brownwood

In 4A-D.2:

1  Pleasant Grove

2  Carthage 

3  Gilmer 

On 6/17/2020 at 11:45 PM, Raiderfan7000 said:

1. Kilgore 

2. lindale

3. Henderson 

4. Chapel Hill

Palestine

Athens 

Mabank

^^The insider Lion70 is back breaking down districts for us :rofl: