LE

JeffWrong

Allegedly, King came in to the position saying that he was going to change the culture at L.E.  That surely happened as they went from a perennial playoff team to a winless team in 2019 and that team had tons of talent. They had probably the most brutal schedule of any  4A team in state but they were better than the 0 - 10 record.  I had the opportunity to be on campus and witnessed a lack of discipline from football players in the hallways and classrooms.  Also, they are losing very good players to other city teams, most notably to P.G.  On YouTube check out the 8th grade L.E. vs P.G. 2019 game that was played at L.E.  The big running back for P. G. was once in the L.E. schools and the qb for L.E. is now at P.G.  The big receiver for L.E. was blocked from transferring to P.G.  I'm not saying at all that P. G. is recruiting but only that due to the state of affairs at L.E., players are leaving.  There were some very good options, other than coach King, that may have had better success with the program.  Coach Davis was one and another was a former L.E. player and alum.  Due to prior acquaintances, King had the inside track on the position.  Hopefully they will get it right this time and maybe Davis can get it done.  The program has been hurt and it may take a long time for it to recover, if ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Allegedly, King came in to the position saying that he was going to change the culture at L.E.  That surely happened as they went from a perennial playoff team to a winless team in 2019 and that team had tons of talent. They had probably the most brutal schedule of any  4A team in state but they were better than the 0 - 10 record.  I had the opportunity to be on campus and witnessed a lack of discipline from football players in the hallways and classrooms.  Also, they are losing very good players to other city teams, most notably to P.G.  On YouTube check out the 8th grade L.E. vs P.G. 2019 game that was played at L.E.  The big running back for P. G. was once in the L.E. schools and the qb for L.E. is now at P.G.  The big receiver for L.E. was blocked from transferring to P.G.  I'm not saying at all that P. G. is recruiting but only that due to the state of affairs at L.E., players are leaving.  There were some very good options, other than coach King, that may have had better success with the program.  Coach Davis was one and another was a former L.E. player and alum.  Due to prior acquaintances, King had the inside track on the position.  Hopefully they will get it right this time and maybe Davis can get it done.  The program has been hurt and it may take a long time for it to recover, if ever.

i know a certain state championship winning coach that didnt get an interview.

dont know if davis keeps the job but i think they can do a lot worse than him. 

I can't believe LE football has declined this fast and there is such little interest. I remember back a couple of years ago and this thread would have page after page.  Only 9 responses is just sad :(  I wish Coach Davis the best, hopefully he can turn it around!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ViewFromAfar said:

Not a very desirable place to be from what I have been told.

i dont know the ins and outs of LE but in the open market that is texarkana high school football being 3rd best may be hard to recover from. i know there's athletes there i think one of the 8th graders i saw last year (#1 maybe) tried to leave but heard it was blocked and he looked to be very good. 

They should come back,  however,  for many,  many years L-E was lousy and lucky to win half of their games.  It was stupid to schedule the difficult schedules they have had the last couple of years.  I could see where transfers would be a problem with L-E.

• Like 1

I have no idea whether it's desirable or not.

What has happened to that school (I know it's probably not the only issue with the program) reminds me of the lyrics of a Johnny Rivers song. Maybe they'll be able to welcome the players they've lost to "that rich guy" someday.

Poor Side of Town

How can you tell me how much you miss me
When the last time I saw you, you wouldn't even kiss me
That rich guy you've been seein'
Must have put you down
So welcome back baby
To the poor side of town

To him you were nothin' but a little plaything
Not much more than an overnight fling
To me you were the greatest thing this boy had ever found
And girl it's hard to find nice things
On the poor side of town

I can't blame you for tryin'
I'm tryin' to make it too
I've got one little hang up baby
I just can't make it without you

So tell me, are you gonna stay now
Will you stand by me girl all the way now
Oh with you by my side
They just can't keep us down
Together we can make it girl
From the poor side of town

(So tell me how much you love me)
(Come be near to me and say you need me now)

Oh, with you by my side
This world can't keep us down
Together we can make it baby
From the poor side of town

6 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

They should come back,  however,  for many,  many years L-E was lousy and lucky to win half of their games.  It was stupid to schedule the difficult schedules they have had the last couple of years.  I could see where transfers would be a problem with L-E.

i agree that schedule was dumb and definitely didnt help king at all. theres still athletes at le maybe davis gets them to stay there and some to play football if he is hired long term.