Albuquerque: Protestor shot by armed militia while trying to remove a statue.

BlahBlah

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Quick question. How is not honoring those who weren’t the greatest of people erasing history?  Granted, some statues that are being brought down is a stretch but I have no problem with confederate statues being taken down. 

By all means, if that statue makes you feel obligated to honoring someone, move.

that statue doesn’t force you to do anything.  You choose to do it.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I want them to remain to remind us a time when men sailed across the sea in order to buy one group of individuals from another group who Sold their own kind to those men who kept them in inhuman bondage & forced them to toil for no pay & little food.

When you Take those “reminders” down & destroy them, Other people in another time, might make those same awful choices & do it all over again; Remember... People are Still Bought & Sold to this day in other places in the world... America has Advanced away from this practice!👌🤨

Anyone with half a brain knows that those statues weren’t erected to remind us of the evils that those men did. They were placed to honor them. If you need a statue to remind you of history then you need a lot of help. Besides, I’m pretty sure everyone know who Hitler is and I don’t see many statues of him anywhere as a “reminder” of how bad he was. 

1 minute ago, PepeSilvia said:

Anyone with half a brain knows that those statues weren’t erected to remind us of the evils that those men did. They were placed to honor them. If you need a statue to remind you of history then you need a lot of help. Besides, I’m pretty sure everyone know who Hitler is and I don’t see many statues of him anywhere as a “reminder” of how bad he was. 

The reminders are not just For people Today... They are for people who will be here in the Distant Future; People who may not ever hear of the Evil people who were here before them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Looks like self defense to me.   The guy who got shot already hit him once in the head with a skateboard.  The shooter tried to leave the situation, but the skateboard pursued.  He caught up again with the guy to fight, and was shot.  

My vote on jury = not guilty.  

1 minute ago, Greezychef said:

Because he was old enough to experience love of his mother by the time he began training.   And she died, then he fell in love with Padmae and he experienced fear of losing her.    

Dont you go there man.  Fear is the pathway to hate.  Sith happens.

You should know by now that emotion never enters the equation with THIS Vulcan.......lol