UIL Approves Live Video Broadcast of Friday Games

Hagar

1 minute ago, KildogDad said:

I'm curious how schools are going to do this. Facebook live?

If small country churches can figure how to live stream Sunday services to their rural congregations, I feel pretty confident all schools can to.  Some will go FB Live, others will be a little more tech savvy and may strike an agreement with Texan Live or NFHS.

31 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

So many different ways and resources. Youtube, Facebook...the possibilities are endless.

I'd imagine sites like NFHS and TexanLive will be very busy this fall as well. They're about to make a fortune. 

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

I wouldn’t want to watch a game on Facebook live. That’d be a struggle. Schools will want to make something off of it I’d think. Will be no problem for schools with Jumbotron. 

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Homer PA announcers all over the state of Texas did a big Nissan 100,000 mile jump this morning after this announcement.  They know they will get to take their talents to the next level this year.  🧐

Hard time seeing schools that chose to stream not use their radio guys. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

So many different ways and resources. Youtube, Facebook...the possibilities are endless.

I'd imagine sites like NFHS and TexanLive will be very busy this fall as well. They're about to make a fortune. 

Ol Burt Brocker with Texan Live is grinning from ear to ear today. Subscriptions are about to go through the roof

Just now, topher805 said:

Ol Burt Brocker with Texan Live is grinning from ear to ear today. Subscriptions are about to go through the roof

Yep.

Although I prefer NFHS. They stream the same games, and then some for cheaper.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m guessing this is setting things up for restricting the number of spectators actually attending the games. 

expect 50% max in the stands and by the time you do "distancing" its going to be interesting how it works. I think will impact road teams hard on how many they can bring because home fans will throw a fit if they cant watch due to seats being given to team traveling in

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Schools could start a media group etc...  Broadcast similar to what ETBU does on their website... 

Jacksonville has an impressive tech department, they can produce anything you want. Many schools are going that, I know Marshall is 

6 hours ago, WOBooster said:

expect 50% max in the stands and by the time you do "distancing" its going to be interesting how it works. I think will impact road teams hard on how many they can bring because home fans will throw a fit if they cant watch due to seats being given to team traveling in

That would cut down the visitors side attendance in Tenneyhaw to single digits  .... 😂

On 6/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, Raiderfan7000 said:

Essential personal football players band ect parents ect... stop using the stadium for a daycare for your kids would help. The fan that goes to the game from out of town will hurt. No pass no watch for students lol. You will have to prove everything . In other words difficult to police especially if it two great teams going at it. Carthage plays PG this year . Are we really going to social distancing that one ? Gilmer vs Gladewater , Henderson vs Kilgore, ARP vs Troup countless others. 

Are bands, pep squads, and cheer leaders really essential for a game to happen?

That would cut out people immediately.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Are bands, pep squads, and cheer leaders really essential for a game to happen?

That would cut out people immediately.

They’d count towards attendance but to answer your question, no they aren’t. The game would still go on without them. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Not in theory but they’re apart of the experience and those kids work just as hard. Wouldn’t really be fair to not allow those kids to participate.

That’s true, but we aren’t trying to have a football practice at the marching contest during a pandemic either.

• Like 1