Dave Campbell/AP 5a d2 preseason rankings

lionpride08

17 hours ago, Aledo said:

Eh, 2013 was 29-6. 2019 was close due to 3 Aledo turnovers. Yall earned them for sure but twice we were about to take a 3 score lead. This would probably be yalls best shot but we will see. 0-3 sounds pretty good too. 

I know 29-6 but that 0-0 halftime had ya'lls butts tight. Ya'll were beating people 90 - -0 that year ya big bullies ! lol

7 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

I know 29-6 but that 0-0 halftime had ya'lls butts tight. Ya'll were beating people 90 - -0 that year ya big bullies ! lol

Ha! I was about to say something similar.

I think, even though we lost that game, it was a credit that we held the highest scoring offense in Texas High School Football history to just 29 points. And blanked them in the first half.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Ha! I was about to say something similar.

I think, even though we lost that game, it was a credit that we held the highest scoring offense in Texas High School Football history to just 29 points. And blanked them in the first half.

Absolutely Monte !  

On 6/26/2020 at 5:42 PM, ANTI said:

I just....

What are the reservations with Texas High? I am really high on them and have been all offseason but th masses dont seem to agree.

4 on offense returning with QB Rian Cellers (comitted to Miss St for baseball), WR Caden Miller, LG Demarcus Day and RT Hayden Harrell

7 on defense returning in TX High's 4-2-5 set with DE Jaylen Green, DE/OLB Clayton Smith, LB Jackson Halter, LB Javarous Tyson, S Caleb Arnold, S Darrin Finley and DB Lajontae Wrightner

Several others returning who saw significant PT. 

Its important that they stay healthy when I say this, but they're my early pick to win their region. IMO, they should straight up have a top 5 defense in all of 5AD2.

just wanted to add Clayton Smith is also the TE and a VERY good one. i dont really watch ou football but Riley did say Clayton might be playing te as a freshman.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:09 PM, Aledo said:

In 2013 if y'all beat us I am convinced yall win state. In 2019 if y'all beat us I think Lubbock Cooper beats y'all. 

Not a chance Lubbock Cooper beats Ennis in 2019. But that is the past.  Moving forward Ennis should take the next 3 of 4 maybe all 4

14 hours ago, Aledo said:

I watched both games back to back! Cooper was a better team than yall! And I'd bet y'all dont win more than 2/4. 

I watched both games also and I stick with my statement " No way Cooper beat Ennis "

2019 is over and we will see what happens in the future.  We have to get this season going first

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:02 PM, Aledo said:

I ranked y'all #1 In my 5AD2 rankings but I think we will beat y'all again for the region title. 

Ok , well Aledo is certainly qualified to say that but the next few years belongs to Ennis. We have some good teams coming up. Maybe we can get a rivalry going. That would be fun.

23 hours ago, Aledo said:

Stepp has Aledo over Ennis in R2. 

lol 😄  Does that make Aledo feel better ?  On paper maybe. We won't play the game on paper. Matt Stepp has always had s stick in his azz  about Ennis. We don't listen to him

33 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I just want them to play the game. Also key note: A lot of folks have those thoughts about Ennis. 

I know , We don't care . We don't play for love.  It actually motivates us. And agree I just want them to play also

19 hours ago, Aledo said:

Well that is an Aledo highlight film. I have one that is all Ennis. Now that we know the result Ennis should have gone for 2pts and just ended it. I do like the decision to get that 1 pt and send it into overtime though. Just did not work out .....That time

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 2:32 PM, Aledo said:

You think thats an Aledo highlight film lol? Thats a game highlight. There are as many Ennis highlights as Aledo. I honestly thought yall should have gone for 2. I think yall had a better chance on offense to get the two than beat us in overtime. I think on the 5A board game thread I said yall should go for 2 at the time. 

Ok, let's just say it is pro Aledo. Doesn't matter it was overtime  and Ennis learned their lesson. The reason Harrell did not go for it is a calculated decision and it did not workout. The 2pt conversion formations had been used during the year and he felt overtime was his best shot. Can't get them all correct but it won't happen again. All good. I do hope we meet again ....as soon as possible

4 hours ago, Aledo said:

I know yall have a stud QB coming up, what grade is he going into?  Also how many more playoff games do we need to play before you consider it a rivalry and where would it rank for yall? 

He is a sophomore this year but we are good at QB for 2020. Current  QB Drake is a senior in 2020. I think after Ennis  wins the next 2 vs  Aledo it will be considered a rivalry. Rank, well we have Waxahachie of course #1 rivalry, over 100 games in the books and never missed a year.   Only 12 miles west of Ennis and Corsicana but we have room for Aledo

On 6/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, Aledo said:

As long as you are using chalk and not carving stone. I'd favor Ennis and Lubbock Cooper over us at the moment. If our QB situation works out then yeah we will make a good run. 

Who are the front runners for QB?  I thought the JV kid and back-ups were expected to be solid replacements

57 minutes ago, Aledo said:

JV kid moved away and the back-ups were seniors. 

It seems the kid from Godley is the front runner. I'm against move in QBs taking the job from kids that have been in our system for years. Other positions I dont care about as much but QB is different. If I really had my way there wouldnt be any athletic transfers but that is not the culture of txhsfb. I know transfers have got us over the hump but I'd rather play regional final games with our kids than win state with transfers. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13030109/5dd1d0214205a70d7cc106a0

I hope it is this kid, that way he can start the next two seasons. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13235777/5d654b3202bbdb14f0d79687

Godley has been awful at FB... how good is this kid?  We played them in a scrimmage the last 2 years and they had no one that could do anything and you know how bad we were last year...

9 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Godley has been awful at FB... how good is this kid?  We played them in a scrimmage the last 2 years and they had no one that could do anything and you know how bad we were last year...

8-3

4-7

9-3

8-3

Last four seasons........ Awful? QB threw for almost 3K last season. 

On 7/31/2020 at 9:06 PM, Eagleborn said:

8-3

4-7

9-3

8-3

Last four seasons........ Awful? QB threw for almost 3K last season. 

Seriously, Godley was not good.  Their district and schedule was absolute garbage