The Smoakhouse Forums

Dave Campbell/AP 5a d2 preseason rankings

16 hours ago, BACKnBLACK said:

I know , We don't care . We don't play for love.  It actually motivates us. And agree I just want them to play also

It's probably not going to happen. Which is ok because 3rd time is not a charm ;)

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually completely agree with Randy.  If PT’s defense improves they will be a force this season. Their offense will be good enough to keep them in any game.   Problem will be how much they give

If there's a 2020 football season.

I just want them to play the game. Also key note: A lot of folks have those thoughts about Ennis. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Aledo said:

It's probably not going to happen. Which is ok because 3rd time is not a charm ;)

Probably not but if not we still have 21-25.  20 was just the beginning

On 7/16/2020 at 9:00 AM, BACKnBLACK said:

Probably not but if not we still have 21-25.  20 was just the beginning

For now it seems like our game is still on track! 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Yes it does ! 😎

I figure I'll just check in with you week to week then if we actually play nothing will need to be said lol. 

13 hours ago, Aledo said:

I figure I'll just check in with you week to week then if we actually play nothing will need to be said lol. 

That hits the nail on the head ! 👍

19 hours ago, Aledo said:

Well that is an Aledo highlight film. I have one that is all Ennis. Now that we know the result Ennis should have gone for 2pts and just ended it. I do like the decision to get that 1 pt and send it into overtime though. Just did not work out .....That time

7 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Well that is an Aledo highlight film. I have one that is all Ennis. Now that we know the result Ennis should have gone for 2pts and just ended it. I do like the decision to get that 1 pt and send it into overtime though. Just did not work out .....That time

You think thats an Aledo highlight film lol? Thats a game highlight. There are as many Ennis highlights as Aledo. I honestly thought yall should have gone for 2. I think yall had a better chance on offense to get the two than beat us in overtime. I think on the 5A board game thread I said yall should go for 2 at the time. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 2:32 PM, Aledo said:

You think thats an Aledo highlight film lol? Thats a game highlight. There are as many Ennis highlights as Aledo. I honestly thought yall should have gone for 2. I think yall had a better chance on offense to get the two than beat us in overtime. I think on the 5A board game thread I said yall should go for 2 at the time. 

Ok, let's just say it is pro Aledo. Doesn't matter it was overtime  and Ennis learned their lesson. The reason Harrell did not go for it is a calculated decision and it did not workout. The 2pt conversion formations had been used during the year and he felt overtime was his best shot. Can't get them all correct but it won't happen again. All good. I do hope we meet again ....as soon as possible

15 hours ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Ok, let's just say it is pro Aledo. Doesn't matter it was overtime  and Ennis learned their lesson. The reason Harrell did not go for it is a calculated decision and it did not workout. The 2pt conversion formations had been used during the year and he felt overtime was his best shot. Can't get them all correct but it won't happen again. All good. I do hope we meet again ....as soon as possible

I know yall have a stud QB coming up, what grade is he going into?  Also how many more playoff games do we need to play before you consider it a rivalry and where would it rank for yall? 

4 hours ago, Aledo said:

I know yall have a stud QB coming up, what grade is he going into?  Also how many more playoff games do we need to play before you consider it a rivalry and where would it rank for yall? 

He is a sophomore this year but we are good at QB for 2020. Current  QB Drake is a senior in 2020. I think after Ennis  wins the next 2 vs  Aledo it will be considered a rivalry. Rank, well we have Waxahachie of course #1 rivalry, over 100 games in the books and never missed a year.   Only 12 miles west of Ennis and Corsicana but we have room for Aledo

41 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

He is a sophomore this year but we are good at QB for 2020. Current  QB Drake is a senior in 2020. I think after Ennis  wins the next 2 vs  Aledo it will be considered a rivalry. Rank, well we have Waxahachie of course #1 rivalry, over 100 games in the books and never missed a year.   Only 12 miles west of Ennis and Corsicana but we have room for Aledo

We might have to bet on yall winning the next two playoff games against us

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Aledo said:

We might have to bet on yall winning the next two playoff games against us

Ya'll ghave to get there ! lol jk I expect nothing less

58 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Ya'll have to get there ! lol jk I expect nothing less

Idk, we arent exactly making friends in region 2. Lots of programs that want our hide. 

• Like 1
On 6/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, Aledo said:

As long as you are using chalk and not carving stone. I'd favor Ennis and Lubbock Cooper over us at the moment. If our QB situation works out then yeah we will make a good run. 

Who are the front runners for QB?  I thought the JV kid and back-ups were expected to be solid replacements

26 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Who are the front runners for QB?  I thought the JV kid and back-ups were expected to be solid replacements

JV kid moved away and the back-ups were seniors. 

It seems the kid from Godley is the front runner. I'm against move in QBs taking the job from kids that have been in our system for years. Other positions I dont care about as much but QB is different. If I really had my way there wouldnt be any athletic transfers but that is not the culture of txhsfb. I know transfers have got us over the hump but I'd rather play regional final games with our kids than win state with transfers. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13030109/5dd1d0214205a70d7cc106a0

I hope it is this kid, that way he can start the next two seasons. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13235777/5d654b3202bbdb14f0d79687

57 minutes ago, Aledo said:

JV kid moved away and the back-ups were seniors. 

It seems the kid from Godley is the front runner. I'm against move in QBs taking the job from kids that have been in our system for years. Other positions I dont care about as much but QB is different. If I really had my way there wouldnt be any athletic transfers but that is not the culture of txhsfb. I know transfers have got us over the hump but I'd rather play regional final games with our kids than win state with transfers. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13030109/5dd1d0214205a70d7cc106a0

I hope it is this kid, that way he can start the next two seasons. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13235777/5d654b3202bbdb14f0d79687

Godley has been awful at FB... how good is this kid?  We played them in a scrimmage the last 2 years and they had no one that could do anything and you know how bad we were last year...

9 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Godley has been awful at FB... how good is this kid?  We played them in a scrimmage the last 2 years and they had no one that could do anything and you know how bad we were last year...

8-3

4-7

9-3

8-3

Last four seasons........ Awful? QB threw for almost 3K last season. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

8-3

4-7

9-3

8-3

He seems like a decent QB. Just have to wait and see how he adjust. I just hope there is a legit QB competition and the best player starts. 

On 7/31/2020 at 9:06 PM, Eagleborn said:

8-3

4-7

9-3

8-3

Seriously, Godley was not good.  Their district and schedule was absolute garbage

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Seriously, Godley was not good.  Their district and schedule was absolute garbage

That’s cool. Wish we were awful enough to go 9-3

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...