Protesters tear down statues of Union general Ulysses S. Grant, national anthem lyricist Francis Scott Key

Monte1076

8 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Idiots..

Ditto.

Idiots who don’t even realize Grant was a Union General who was fighting on behalf of freeing slaves. Complete Morons who don’t even know the history of America, not that that means two 💩💩’s to people whose only desire is to destroy America.

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Ditto.

Idiots who don’t even realize Grant was a Union General who was fighting on behalf of freeing slaves. Complete Morons who don’t even know the history of America, not that that means two 💩💩’s to people whose only desire is to destroy America.

You may not know this, but Grant did own a slave.  I don't know if they knew that or not, but it's still not a reason to tear the statue down.  

12 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

You may not know this, but Grant did own a slave.  I don't know if they knew that or not, but it's still not a reason to tear the statue down.  

Isn't that sort of true? Wasn't the slave his wife's? I know Grant set the man free at some point.

23 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Isn't that sort of true? Wasn't the slave his wife's? I know Grant set the man free at some point.

It's just the same as Robert E. Lee with his wife owning slaves due to George Washington Custis will that the executor of his will would free them within 5 years time after his death, which he didn't.  The same could be said for Grant.  That would be the only reason I could understand why they tore down Grant's statue.  Otherwise it's just anarchy.  

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

It's just the same as Robert E. Lee with his wife owning slaves due to George Washington Custis will that the executor of his will would free them within 5 years time after his death, which he didn't.  The same could be said for Grant.  That would be the only reason I could understand why they tore down Grant's statue.  Otherwise it's just anarchy.  

These are probably the same goobers from those Campus Reform videos and/or College Fix articles.

It reminds me of a meme I heard about recently of the woman who is protesting and complaining because there aren't enough women in STEM fields, but then she gets a Women's Studies degree, and then afterwards continues to protest about the lack of women in STEM.

Statues of Grant, Key, and the first Catholic Saint Canonized in America.   Got the Military - a Patriot - and a Christian.  They’re 3 for 3.

Fairly apparent that all this 🐂💩 isn’t about racism.  It’s about destroying our history by Anarchist.   It’s ultimately about destroying America.  It’s about Power.   About all power.  The power to tell you what you can & can’t watch, can & can’t say.  Do you realize they’re possibly canceling Ancient Aliens because it’s racist?   And there’s no end to it.  Nothing but the downfall of America will satIate them.

Anyone notice the absence of our own personal Left Wing contingent on this thread.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Statues of Grant, Key, and the first Catholic Saint Canonized in America.   Got the Military - a Patriot - and a Christian.  They’re 3 for 3.

Fairly apparent that all this 🐂💩 isn’t about racism.  It’s about destroying our history by Anarchist.   It’s ultimately about destroying America.  It’s about Power.   About all power.  The power to tell you what you can & can’t watch, can & can’t say.  Do you realize they’re possibly canceling Ancient Aliens because it’s racist?   And there’s no end to it.  Nothing but the downfall of America will satIate them.

Anyone notice the absence of our own personal Left Wing contingent on this thread.

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

• LOL! 1

Grant I don't quite understand nor agree with...

Francis Scott Key wrote a great song, but he was also a very active lawyer against abolition causes and the rights of slaves, so...

And Serra was seen historically quite clearly for his brutal enslavement of Native Americans...

Looks like someone or two read a history book in California. 

41 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Teddy owned slaves Too?😱

They say it's because he was a white supremacist that liked to trespass on Native American lands and explore them.  He was the police commissioner of New York at one time which angers much of the left.  He desired that all Americans should assimilate and speak language to come together as one people which is against diversity.  He was a progressive, but not for a communist or fascist world as they desire.  He sought to prosecute the Indian agents who were taking advantage of them out of their lands.  He established the United States Forestry Service and designated 5 of the first 9 National Parks.  He is the antithesis to everything they promote and stand for.

49 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

This won’t end the SJW folks won’t stop. Sad sadistic people that really don’t be deserved to be called an American.

Their politics is closer to North Korea than America.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Grant I don't quite understand nor agree with...

Francis Scott Key wrote a great song, but he was also a very active lawyer against abolition causes and the rights of slaves, so...

And Serra was seen historically quite clearly for his brutal enslavement of Native Americans...

Looks like someone or two read a history book in California. 

So please tell me what the tearing down of these art works accomplishes?    Will it end racism?   Will it improve anyone’s life?   I wait with bated breath for your answer.

Meanwhile, what might be accomplished - some previously unconcerned citizens might start being outraged at this insanity.   Might decide to join some Alt-Right groups.   And the Hate is perpetuated, which btw, is what your Party wants.  Divisiveness, hate, war in the streets.   How a teacher could condone destruction of statues is beyond me.   After they’ve destroyed all the statues, will you join in the book burning, or will you finally see them for what they are?   I wonder.  

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

So please tell me what the tearing down of these art works accomplishes?    Will it end racism?   Will it improve anyone’s life?   I wait with bated breath for your answer.

Meanwhile, what might be accomplished - some previously unconcerned citizens might start being outraged at this insanity.   Might decide to join some Alt-Right groups.   And the Hate is perpetuated, which btw, is what your Party wants.  Divisiveness, hate, war in the streets.   How a teacher could condone destruction of statues is beyond me.   After they’ve destroyed all the statues, will you join in the book burning, or will you finally see them for what they are?   I wonder.  

Barry already told us he is sticking with the Dems no matter what. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

He just rolls eyes and skips tough questions.  Typical 

• Thanks 1