Where’s everyone been golfing?

Eagleborn

Since Covid started...

Oakhurst GC (Porter)

Kingwood Country Club (Deerwood & Forest Courses)

Atascocita GC

Tour 18 (Atascocita)

Red Wolf GC (Huffman)

West Fork GC (Conroe)

Golf Club of Houston

Memorial Park (Houston)

A SDC round would be a ton of fun.

12 hours ago, topher805 said:

Since Covid started...

Oakhurst GC (Porter)

Kingwood Country Club (Deerwood & Forest Courses)

Atascocita GC

Tour 18 (Atascocita)

Red Wolf GC (Huffman)

West Fork GC (Conroe)

Golf Club of Houston

Memorial Park (Houston)

A SDC round would be a ton of fun.

I wanna golf the one at Margaritaville on Lake Conroe because mother in law lives a few miles from there but I’ve heard it’s in bad shape. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

I wanna golf the one at Margaritaville on Lake Conroe because mother in law lives a few miles from there but I’ve heard it’s in bad shape. 

It's gotten better from what I understand, but still has a long way to go. They are pouring TONS of money into the course and resort as a whole. Today is actually their official opening, but they have been doing business for a while now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I’ve been at Center, Lake Cherokee(Member) Temptest, Alpine, Wood Hollow and Marshall (private course)....

Need to have a SDC group game every once in a while. 

I love to play Wood Hollow in Longview.  It's one of my favorite courses ... I shot even par the first time I played that course in the mid 90s ... it really sets up well for the way I play .... I also really like Huntington on Pines Road in Shreveport  ....

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

I love to play Wood Hollow in Longview.  It's one of my favorite courses ... I shot even par the first time I played that course in the mid 90s ... it really sets up well for the way I play .... I also really like Huntington on Pines Road in Shreveport  ....

I like Huntington and Querbes but my favorite Shreveport area course is Stonebridge. Played in a tournament out there about year ago. Beautiful track. 

I prefer Alpine over WH because I’m not a big fan of courses that’s basically driver then wedge and straight forward. Prefer shot shaping and sometimes a 4i off the tee. Plus at Alpine it’s $20 for 18 and a cart Monday-Thursday. Lol

15 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I like Huntington and Querbes but my favorite Shreveport area course is Stonebridge. Played in a tournament out there about year ago. Beautiful track. 

I prefer Alpine over WH because I’m not a big fan of courses that’s basically driver then wedge and straight forward. Prefer shot shaping and sometimes a 4i off the tee. Plus at Alpine it’s $20 for 18 and a cart Monday-Thursday. Lol

I played several DARE tournaments at Aline when I worked for BCBSTX ... my team won 1st place in our flight 3 times, it's an OK course but I like WH much better .... Querbes is not bad either .... I really like the length of Huntington, some of the longer par 4s can turn into bogey holes if you don't really get a good tee shot off .... Cypress between Marshall and Waskom off I20 is also a fun course to play ....

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It had it's ups and downs over the years.  Back in the 90s I played 36 holes dozens of times walking with a pull cart ...

They re did it around 2002ish when the Challenge group started buying courses. Never took off. 

36 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

They re did it around 2002ish when the Challenge group started buying courses. Never took off. 

Have you ever played Crooked Hollow over near Greenwood, La? ... I like that course too ... I had a home outside of Waskom and it was about a 10 - 15 minute drive away from me .... I holed out my 2nd shot twice on the #18 par 5 ... the two best shots of my life ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Have you ever played Crooked Hollow over near Greenwood, La? ... I like that course too ... I had a home outside of Waskom and it was about a 10 - 15 minute drive away from me .... I holed out my 2nd shot twice on the #18 par 5 ... the two best shots of my life ....

Love the course. Staff gets on my nerves though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...