The Smoakhouse Forums
BoHogg

Russian spy unit paid Taliban to attack US troops, US intelligence says

Russian spy unit paid Taliban to attack US troops, US intelligence says https://www.foxnews.com/us/russian-spy-unit-paid-taliban-to-attack-us-troops-us-intelligence-says

The intelligence assessment regarding Russia’s actions in Afghanistan was delivered to the White House earlier this spring, and until recently had been known only to a handful of officials, a person familiar with it said. Its contents were reported earlier Friday by the New York Times.

May 8, 2020- Trump says: “We have this great friendship. And, by the way, getting along with Russia is a great thing, getting along with Putin and Russia is a great thing.”

June 2, 2020  Mr Trump said on Saturday he would postpone the G7 summit scheduled to take place this month until September.

The president said the G7's "outdated group of countries" should be expanded to include others, including Russia.

On Sunday, Mr Trump told Russian President Vladimir Putin of his plan to invite him to the summit.

The White House said making "progress toward convening the G7" with Russia was among the topics the leaders discussed in a phone call.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52885178

June 2, 2020 BRUSSELS -- The European Union on Tuesday joined a growing chorus of members of the Group of Seven major economic powers to insist that Russia must not be allowed back into the fold, after U.S. President Donald Trump said that he plans to invite the country to a G7 summit next fall. https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/eu-russia-rejoin-g7-trump-plan-71016966

June 27, 2020 Press Sec says neither Trump nor Pence were briefed on the "alleged Russian bounty intelligence" first reported by NYT

Does it makes sense that the President and VP wouldn't be briefed on something like this?  Has it become so clear internally that Trump doesn't want to hear any bad news about Putin that officials decided not to tell him?

• Like 1

I am going to jump out there and assert that he has known and was given 'plausible deniability' cover by his minions, from what I have read. Would he let Americans die to be able to eventually build that Moscow Trump Tower? I hope not. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

21 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am going to jump out there and assert that he has known and was given 'plausible deniability' cover by his minions, from what I have read. Would he let Americans die to be able to eventually build that Moscow Trump Tower? I hope not. 

Agree and Cornyn is on the Intel Committee. His silence is deafening.

Guest StopTheHate
20 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Agree and Cornyn is on the Intel Committee. His silence is deafening.

indeed it is

Guest StopTheHate
44 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

going to be interesting to hear their defense

One thing is for sure, if the times and Brussels are pushing it, it’s def not true lmao

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yep, he knew. #Dereliction

He Knew.jpg

• Like 1

Guest StopTheHate
33 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

:rofl:

So far, one 'conservative' comments on this. Waiting for the defense spin from Fox, from Rush, from Reddit? 

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So far, one 'conservative' comments on this. Waiting for the defense spin from Fox, from Rush, from Reddit? 

No spin needed. You presented a Times article with anonymous sources and some twitter responses. Any fact?

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Young Kirt like Trump;can't read. That was a Fox link I posted to the title :rofl:

• Haha 1

Fake news!! 

It must have been awkward admitting that he is ill informed:rofl:
maybe he didn't hear it:rofl:
or maybe it was in the PDB and he didn't read it:rofl:
#Dereliction #Incompetent

2 hours ago, BoHogg said:
It must have been awkward admitting that he is ill informed:rofl:
maybe he didn't hear it:rofl:
or maybe it was in the PDB and he didn't read it:rofl:
#Dereliction #Incompetent

The info released to the times was incomplete and raw not verified info sources close to the matter say. 
So basically it’s someone’s opinion. Let’s move on. 

8 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

image.jpeg

Got anything but Lies, PeePee?

14 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

image.jpeg

He didn’t say that! #fakenews

4 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

He didn’t say that! #fakenews

He has a vast history of make believe stuff.

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

It’s notable that the Trump Administration statements are all about covering for Trump and nothing about what they’re doing to protect troops or confront Russia.

• Like 1

More fake news birdcage liner material .... par for the course for the NY Slimes .....

1 hour ago, BoHogg said:

It’s notable that the Trump Administration statements are all about covering for Trump and nothing about what they’re doing to protect troops or confront Russia.

Russia is such a threat huh? Four years before trump Obama was telling them he would have more leeway after the election. But I get it, Orange man bad