2Teenage boys shot & killed for asking man how tall he was while buying candy;

CarthDawg77

Who said their lives don't matter? There was obviously mourning for them with a community vigil. The shooter was arrested for the crime. 
Pop quiz: what has happened too often in this country in interactions with people of color and the police? Violence or even death. And have those police been brought to justice that committed crimes in those interactions? 

This is not a hard one to answer, you can use your notes or an open book. What will stop you is your closed mind. 

43 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Who said their lives don't matter? There was obviously mourning for them with a community vigil. The shooter was arrested for the crime. 
Pop quiz: what has happened too often in this country in interactions with people of color and the police? Violence or even death. And have those police been brought to justice that committed crimes in those interactions? 

This is not a hard one to answer, you can use your notes or an open book. What will stop you is your closed mind. 

No rioting for these two black lives; No political gain, no monetary gain, nothing changes in the black community. More & more senseless black on black crime; Same old song. Sad really.

Guest StopTheHate
2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Don't hold your breath looking for the correct answer... prettty sure most will weave and dodge this question or turn the question around to black on black murder 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Oh so the guy was arrested? Like I always say, who riots when prompt arrest are made? If the guy is walking the streets, then I'd imagine people would be ####.

Can't make people see what they don't want to see.

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Oh so the guy was arrested? Like I always say, who riots when prompt arrest are made? If the guy is walking the streets, then I'd imagine people would be ####.

Yet the killing continues, unabated....

Just now, ctown81 said:

MANY groups fight it everyday. See it with my own eyes. Definitely not unabated. Police generally don't care and it's an uphill battle.

I have no doubt. But how is it that so many blacks are murdered in Drive-by shootings? Are today’s black youths such cowards that they simply drive by an hose a crowd with wildly fired bullets instead of dealing with the person who has wronged them face to face? How do you justify this when it happens everyday in America?

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

We're still seeing string riots for George Hill among others, and the police officers were in custody when the riots where at their most intense.  I understand especially with police officers involved it's going to be a longer process than just the average joe.  They have more than just an attorney to represent them, but a union, and other officers.  We need to be pragmatic in our thinking about these situations, and not just go off the handle.  What people have witnessed and continue to see from the BLM and Antifa are not going to sway people to support their cause.  It will actually do the opposite, especially when ultimatums are being issued.  

I was actually thinking for a moment that supporting the BLM would be a good thing, but I can't after what I've seen transpire.  With threats of more violence against average people, and neighborhoods burned to the ground I can't do it.  I've stated before I stand with America and the Republic, but I will not tolerate chaos. Jon Stewart who is an independent, and not a Democrat as I thought he was voiced the same opinion two days ago.  https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2020/06/27/jon-stewart-extreme-changes-democratic-party/24538882/ .  I saw the defacement of a Jimi Hendrix statue in Seattle the other day, and it broke my heart.  Jimi is a hero of mine, and I've read his published diary.  I know he wasn't discharged for what many believe, and he stated so in that book.  So was it because he played the National Anthem at Woodstock ?  He still loved America even with it's flaws, and stated so on the Dick Cavett show.  I can provide that clip from You Tube.  The rebranding of products we buy that are beloved by many people of all skin colors is now wrong ???  I don't get some of this stuff.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

And the lie detector determined that this is in fact, a lie. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

We're still seeing string riots for George Hill among others, and the police officers were in custody when the riots where at their most intense.  I understand especially with police officers involved it's going to be a longer process than just the average joe.  They have more than just an attorney to represent them, but a union, and other officers.  We need to be pragmatic in our thinking about these situations, and not just go off the handle.  What people have witnessed and continue to see from the BLM and Antifa are not going to sway people to support their cause.  It will actually do the opposite, especially when ultimatums are being issued.  

I was actually thinking for a moment that supporting the BLM would be a good thing, but I can't after what I've seen transpire.  With threats of more violence against average people, and neighborhoods burned to the ground I can't do it.  I've stated before I stand with America and the Republic, but I will not tolerate chaos. Jon Stewart who is an independent, and not a Democrat as I thought he was voiced the same opinion two days ago.  https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2020/06/27/jon-stewart-extreme-changes-democratic-party/24538882/ .  I saw the defacement of a Jimi Hendrix statue in Seattle the other day, and it broke my heart.  Jimi is a hero of mine, and I've read his published diary.  I know he wasn't discharged for what many believe, and he stated so in that book.  So was it because he played the National Anthem at Woodstock ?  He still loved America even with it's flaws, and stated so on the Dick Cavett show.  I can provide that clip from You Tube.  The rebranding of products we buy that are beloved by many people of all skin colors is now wrong ???  I don't get some of this stuff.  

I don't understand that statement. If black lives matter, black lives matter. Why do people try to attach that to a very small group?  just saying that if you want to support equality, go ahead and support it.

6 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I have no doubt. But how is it that so many blacks are murdered in Drive-by shootings? Are today’s black youths such cowards that they simply drive by an hose a crowd with wildly fired bullets instead of dealing with the person who has wronged them face to face? How do you justify this when it happens everyday in America?

When have I ever justified any killing on here? The fact that you said, "today's black youth"   says volumes.  You just lumped them into one category. May be a shock to you and I'm not trying to be a smart but the MAJORITY of black youths are not involved in gangs nor crimes.  MOST handle disagreements in a normal way. MOST murders are concentrated in a few US cities.  

Now to answer the questions. Most involved in the violent lifestyle, white black or any other race will fight face to face and shoot. Media doesn't talk about it but there are MANY white gangs who do the same thing. Sadly, when they are brought up they are glorified by MSM. For example, John Gotti. Heck Al Capone is in history books, plenty of movies and heck Hell's Angels have had so many documentaries glorifying them. The violent lifestyle is the same regardless of color. 

At some point we all need to start looking at people as individuals. 

11 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I don't understand that statement. If black lives matter, black lives matter. Why do people try to attach that to a very small group?  just saying that if you want to support equality, go ahead and support it.

And while you are at it, Why not Acknowledge that ALL Lives Matter.

No one group’s lives matter more than any other group. We are All God’s children, & He loves Each Of us Equally. 

Unless & until we can All Snap to this TRUTH, We are Doomed.

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

And while you are at it, Why not Acknowledge that ALL Lives Matter.

No one group’s lives matter more than any other group. We are All God’s children, & He loves Each Of us Equally. 

Unless & until we can All Snap to this TRUTH, We are Doomed.

I've spoke on all lives matter in one of these threads. definitely believe that all lives matter. 

• Thanks 2

I responded before reading what you said; Yes, All groups engage in criminal behavior; Black youth does not have the market cornered on Bad behavior.  

Maybe part of the problem is the MSM, who skews the light to suit their own agendas and narratives in order to keep us at each other’s throats; but statistics to some extent Bear out that the majority of violent crime occurs within the black community. 

It truly sickens me to seeInnocent  children murdered .

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

At some point we all need to start looking at people as individuals. 

You and I have agreed and disagreed on multiple topics, but your statement right here is the best I’ve seen on here.  Regardless of race, origin, creed, religion, etc....  each person should be judged/dealt with individually. Not because they are in a certain group.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I'm speaking of the organization itself when I refer to BLM.  Personally, I think all lives matter.  We are all human beings.  I've supported equality for all since I was born.  I don't care what color anyone is.  I'm not going to put any race down, because of a cause.  We're all in this together.  I don't think one color of skin is any better than the other.  I look for the content of someone's soul, and how they treat others.  We may have different backgrounds, but I'm no different than you, and you're no different than me.  We may have had different obstacles in our way in our lifetime, and our goal should be to overcome them together.  

• Like 2