Cam Newton To The Pats

21 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I want to hear contract details.  It could be a steal for the Pats depending.  I know Cam is a former MVP, but as with Randy Moss and Chad Johnson can Belichick put up with him ?    

$7.5M for Cam? That’s worth a shot.

We'll see if the season is played.  I checked his contract and it's at the minimum for $1.05 million and I saw no signing bonus.  All the rest he has to make with incentives.  I think he should have asked for more incentives with big bonuses for a Super Bowl victory, All Pro, or MVP.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

There's nothing wrong with Cam, Belichick will live, I've seen him "put up" with far worse.🙄 The only risk is him hurting his shoulder again. 🙄

With that said Stidham better be ready. 

Belicheck had Cam in his back pocket, waiting for the NFL to hammer him for video taping the Bengals. $1.1m and a lose a 3rd round pick in ‘21. That’s harsh. 🙄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Belicheck had Cam in his back pocket, waiting for the NFL to hammer him for video taping the Bengals. $1.1m and a lose a 3rd round pick in ‘21. That’s harsh. 🙄

And if Cam has a good yr they get a pick back in 2022 from what i was reading yesterday. Weird. Almost like the NFL caters to NE in a strange way. 

23 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

We'll see if the season is played.  I checked his contract and it's at the minimum for $1.05 million and I saw no signing bonus.  All the rest he has to make with incentives.  I think he should have asked for more incentives with big bonuses for a Super Bowl victory, All Pro, or MVP.   

I agree, i know Sherm was none too pleased with Cam's contract. 

9 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I agree, i know Sherm was none too pleased with Cam's contract. 

Yep, but if Cam wants to play that's the going rate.  At least he didn't try to Kapernick himself out of a job by demanding starter money.  

32 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Yep, but if Cam wants to play that's the going rate.  At least he didn't try to Kapernick himself out of a job by demanding starter money.  

I've yet to see any truth to that last part, but i do know his GF cost him that Ravens gig. That's an actual fact. 

On 6/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I've yet to see any truth to that last part, but i do know his GF cost him that Ravens gig. That's an actual fact. 

This article somewhat explains it, and I didn't read it until this morning.  https://sports.yahoo.com/what-does-cam-newtons-signing-mean-for-colin-kaepernicks-chances-021226559.html .  Even Kaepernick stated he wanted at least $20 million a season to return.  That might not be starter money now, but it sure isn't back up money.  Why would anyone pay that for someone that never even made a single Pro Bowl.  Sure he made it to one Super Bowl, but a lot of that had to do with the San Francisco defense at the time.  https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-colin-kaepernick-nfl-xfl-salary-20190226-story.html .  As for the Ravens gig, Ozzie Newsome denied that, even though Ray Lewis said it was true.