Huge Victory For School Choice fans Today From The Supreme Court!

blesseddaily

I am guessing that NOT many people read the story or know a lot of what it is talking about. 

1. it was a tax credit for up to a whopping $150 towards a private education. 

2. This program no longer exists, except in the minds of those who would want to tax LOCAL tax funds away and send them to other places. 

3. School choice has NEVER been a problem--anyone can choose where they go to school--that's their CHOICE--but don't expect LOCAL tax funds to be provided so that you can use white privilege to go to a private school. Your LOCAL tax dollars need to stay local--or move your rear end to another school district--or pay for your OWN private education. 

4. Seems that this program needs an overhaul, considering the amount of "TAX CREDIT" someone got for going to a private school. 

While I know there are many out there that want school choice--think first--you already have it, you're just mad because you wanna live in a different area--that you can afford, but don't want to pay the property taxes of another school district. You want to take your LOCAL tax dollars--which might be cheaper--then move them to someplace you DON'T even live. Get off your lazy rear ends and MOVE--but as long as you LIVE where you do--LOCAL tax dollars STAY LOCAL. 

Besides--shouldn't we have a separation of church and state--because once you allow the government to fund religious church schools--you just wiped out one of our 1st amendment rights--Freedom of Religion!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I am guessing that NOT many people read the story or know a lot of what it is talking about. 

1. it was a tax credit for up to a whopping $150 towards a private education. 

2. This program no longer exists, except in the minds of those who would want to tax LOCAL tax funds away and send them to other places. 

3. School choice has NEVER been a problem--anyone can choose where they go to school--that's their CHOICE--but don't expect LOCAL tax funds to be provided so that you can use white privilege to go to a private school. Your LOCAL tax dollars need to stay local--or move your rear end to another school district--or pay for your OWN private education. 

4. Seems that this program needs an overhaul, considering the amount of "TAX CREDIT" someone got for going to a private school. 

While I know there are many out there that want school choice--think first--you already have it, you're just mad because you wanna live in a different area--that you can afford, but don't want to pay the property taxes of another school district. You want to take your LOCAL tax dollars--which might be cheaper--then move them to someplace you DON'T even live. Get off your lazy rear ends and MOVE--but as long as you LIVE where you do--LOCAL tax dollars STAY LOCAL. 

Besides--shouldn't we have a separation of church and state--because once you allow the government to fund religious church schools--you just wiped out one of our 1st amendment rights--Freedom of Religion!!!!!!

Spoken like a true public teacher

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Spoken like a true public teacher

I am guessing that you are not a public school teacher, but portray one on this site? 

All vouchers are is a way for taxpayers to pay for rich kids to go to private schools--on the governments dime, most people in private schools want their money back--but don't they CHOOSE private schools? Don't expect the rest of the taxpayers to pay for your education then. SMFH. 

• Like 1

Just now, DannyZuco said:

I am guessing that you are not a public school teacher, but portray one on this site? 

All vouchers are is a way for taxpayers to pay for rich kids to go to private schools--on the governments dime, most people in private schools want their money back--but don't they CHOOSE private schools? Don't expect the rest of the taxpayers to pay for your education then. SMFH. 

I used to be a teacher. 
I pay more than enough in school taxes. If I payed for a private school, I would not get that money back. School choice is about getting the school tax money back because the services weren’t used. No one else’s money but mine is coming back to me. 

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I used to be a teacher. 
I pay more than enough in school taxes. If I payed for a private school, I would not get that money back. School choice is about getting the school tax money back because the services weren’t used. No one else’s money but mine is coming back to me. 

Sorry--until the STATE CONSTITUTION in the state of TEXAS changes and the state NO LONGER has to educate all students for what they consider "free"--you need to pay your property taxes to that COUNTY, CITY, SCHOOL DISTRICT, and whatever other county thing your are voted in--ours tried to vote in tax payer funds for Paris Junior College to expand to our county and we pay more taxes to them. That referendum got punished, thankfully. 

Again, YOU CHOOSE to live where you live--YOU can leave whenever you want to take your tax dollars elsewhere--but the system of LOCAL taxes for LOCAL things has to stay that way!!!!!

So I guess if you don't use the hospital in your area--and you pay hospital taxes--you should get that money refunded also. That's just not how it works. 

Don't get me wrong, I am all for LOWER taxes and governments learning to live within their budgets--but allowing people to get their money back for LOCAL taxes because the service wasn't used--now that is funny.

I suggested that for insurance companies a few months back--and I got all kinds of :poop: because insurance companies wouldn't make 10 million in profit, just 5 million. Again, SMFH.  

8 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I used to be a teacher. 

PS--it takes more than just your tax dollars to PAY a year of education for a child!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Sorry--until the STATE CONSTITUTION in the state of TEXAS changes and the state NO LONGER has to educate all students for what they consider "free"--you need to pay your property taxes to that COUNTY, CITY, SCHOOL DISTRICT, and whatever other county thing your are voted in--ours tried to vote in tax payer funds for Paris Junior College to expand to our county and we pay more taxes to them. That referendum got punished, thankfully. 

Again, YOU CHOOSE to live where you live--YOU can leave whenever you want to take your tax dollars elsewhere--but the system of LOCAL taxes for LOCAL things has to stay that way!!!!!

So I guess if you don't use the hospital in your area--and you pay hospital taxes--you should get that money refunded also. That's just not how it works. 

Don't get me wrong, I am all for LOWER taxes and governments learning to live within their budgets--but allowing people to get their money back for LOCAL taxes because the service wasn't used--now that is funny.

I suggested that for insurance companies a few months back--and I got all kinds of :poop: because insurance companies wouldn't make 10 million in profit, just 5 million. Again, SMFH.  

This whole premise is that I just need to go find a public school that I like, no matter where it is. And that isn’t the case and you know it. It’s easy to say that when you work for the gov. 

6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

This whole premise is that I just need to go find a public school that I like, no matter where it is. And that isn’t the case and you know it. It’s easy to say that when you work for the gov. 

Wrong again, almost every school district in Texas allows for transfer students. That way they can get the ADA (average daily attendance) funds. So you really don't have to move, especially, since most of us DON'T live in WEST TEXAS--where school districts are actually 20-50 miles apart. I know of a couple around the Metroplex that don't allow for transfers, but that is because they want to stay small and not have people around them. They hate change. 

And yes, while I do work for a LOCAL government, I have spent over 20 years working in private industry also. So that I can contribute to the wonderful pension system of the United States, Social Security. I am doing my part to get that back also. so I have another 8-10 years of working in the private sector to get--as you say--MY money back. 

I don't have a problem with you taking your money and spending it at a private school either, unless you are willing to allow the state to run your religious/private school, you don't get your tax dollars back. Keep it LOCAL--YOU make your school district better!!!!! Especially financially!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m sorry, I am just hopeful for a more free society where I get a choice of where my money goes and what it’s used for in my kids education. 

If only the tax system was set up that way--but it's not, so until that changes--we live in a world where all governments screw us. LOL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

No, he shouldn't, because he is living in a society that offers free and appropriate education, and that social contract doesn't just apply to those who have children. 

or those that CHOOSE to homeschool!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m sorry, I am just hopeful for a more free society where I get a choice of where my money goes and what it’s used for in my kids education. 

You do, you pay taxes where you chose to live.  If you don’t like paying taxes to entities where you live, move to a places where your tax dollars will go to entities you like.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Good ruling....

Exactly why is this a good ruling? Please explain. I don't see where allowing tax dollars into religious groups is good. Because once the government starts giving money to religious groups, they are going to have to play by the government rules--meaning sooner or later the government will control the religions of the country. That's a GOOD RULING?  SMFH.