Cancel fall sports for normal life in long run?

Eagleborn

Cancel fall sports if it helps make life normal in long run?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Either of

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Don’t know that guy. These people are from a town of 900. 

But you can see how it’s questionable given I don’t know the individuals you are speaking of but I found a post on social media in 2 minutes with the exact same story referencing a different town.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Big difference from taking some ibuprofen cause the day before you forgot you were 40 while playing with the kids and partaking in this charade designed to collapse our world. Yes I go to the doctor. You forget. This world belongs to Satan until our Lord and Savior returns. If you are a friend of the world you’re an enemy to God. Not my words. This isn’t about a virus for the 15th time. It’s much bigger than that. 

I didn't forget anything. It was your statements that led to my questions regarding your beliefs on medicine/health professionals in the context of faith in God, and your responses are contradictory and non-sensical at best.

I guess I don't see how this is a grand design to collapse the world, when many health professionals — a lot of them being Christians themselves — are saying the opposite, and instead reiterating that if we want to save the economy, if we want to slow the spread of this and get things back to normal, there are simple, practical things we can do. And you're invoking Satan and somehow equating wearing a mask with not trusting in God.

Your arguments in this conversation, unfortunately, have, by and large, been all over the place. You're punching underwater without really answering anything. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Jeremiah 17:5 is pretty clear. If Jesus (God in the flesh) were here today (which He is) I don’t believe He’d wear a mask. Especially if it’s at the recommendation of some kind of expert, and not a law. You’re putting your faith into that so called expert. Now if it were a law, I’d wear it. Jesus would as well. God said we are to follow the laws of men, unless they contradict His law. Again this is not about a virus. This is about the destruction of the worlds economy. If you can’t see that, well then I don’t know what to say. You think John was high on mushrooms instead of being inspired by God to write Revelations. You can’t get much more wicked than what we have become. Just a few short months they were actually debating on the Senate floor whether or not to give aid to a child that survived an abortion! How much more wicked can you get?

I am with you at this point, except for your short stint into politics.  What would you say to those who would quote Matthew 22:37-40 / Mark 12:29-31 as a reason Jesus would wear a mask?  Didn’t HE provide the ultimate example to all of us on how to love others as yourself?  And what does loving your neighbor look like in 2020?  One could argue it could very well mean wearing a mask in public places.

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

If you say so deacon. Was invoking Satan by stating what God says about him. Unfortunately this world belongs to Him. I can’t separate my faith from this or anything else. If that means I’m punching underwater, then I’m just going to punch away. 

But you can separate from your faith and go to the doctor when you're sick, right? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Gotta put new cases in there deacon. Forgot to mention that. My bad. For a deacon, you find the spiritual realm to be just a fantasy and not reality. No offense. 

What was it that I said that makes you think that I view the spiritual realm as fantasy?

I understand full well what the Bible says about Satan, and about this world, and about faith in God, and about faith without action. And when I'm sick, I go to the doctor. And yet, I still pray for God's healing in my life, no matter what the ailment. And when my amazing wife of a decade battles severe postpartum depression, TWICE, I take her to get treatment and deal with fellow Christians, believers who I love and respect, who tell me I'm wrong, and just need to pray harder and she just needs to pull herself out of it and "have faith."

I take her to get treatment, because it's a medical issue and can be treated medically. And I trust that God has sovereignty over that treatment. And I pray for her spiritual protection during such a compromised time, because I know Satan doesn't play by rules or have sympathy on a new mom.

My point is, you can detrimentally over-spiritualize non-spiritual issues, and by doing so be stepping all over the faith which you are proclaiming.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Take this virus and put it aside. There’s something very sinister to me about it. So my conscience tells me to speak out about it. It’s not about healthcare man. Doctors are wonderful. Their intelligence comes from our Father. Medical innovations are great. God gave those people the intelligence to come up with those. This con (IMO) isn’t about healthcare. It doesn’t mean I believe you shouldn’t go to the doctor if you don’t feel well. We have different opinions. You think there is no agenda and I do. I have 5 children. I’m actually praying your right and I’m a loon. Nothing would make me happier. 

Again, I'm coming back to the idea that you and I are probably more in agreement about things than either of us thinks/sees in this conversation. The only slight clarification I would make in your above statement is with the agenda. I believe the government, both sides, absolutely has an agenda, and it is to win, essentially. I don't think any of the health professionals I know, and I've cited them on here in a previous topic, have an agenda at all. When we've talked about this virus and the spread, etc., it's never been preceded by/followed by or gone hand-in-hand with a political conversation.

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Seems we were posting at the same time. My previous post lines up with yours. I’m not one of those guys that think going to a doctor is a sign of no faith. My stance is strictly pertaining to this specific plandemic. 

Then I will leave it alone and settle on a few things we share:

1) Faith in the Lord!

2) Zero trust in the government

Lol we can always come back to these should things ever start to veer south in a conversation! And you can make fun of me for wearing a mask, and I won't take any offense to it!

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I didn’t go into politics. You asked a question. I answered. If it were a law then yes. If it were a suggestion then no. 

I got your message about the law and that’s why I said I’m with your point.  But this part “Again this is not about a virus. This is about the destruction of the worlds economy. If you can’t see that, well then I don’t know what to say.” maybe has a slight hint of politics?

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

Basically the end justifies the means. Virus is their means for the end. Economic reset. One world currency. End times stuff. Hope I’m a nut though. 

Ok fair enough.  Still interested in your thoughts on the New Testament verses mentioned and how they factor into this discussion.

Yall seriously got me wondering what Jesus would do about wearing a mask. Honestly a valid question. There's so many verses to support either view. I really don't know. There's also no mention of him wearing gloves while healing lepers. I think he may say follow your heart.

• Like 2

Galatians 5:6 —

"For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. All that matters is faith, expressed through love."

James 2:16-18 —

"If one of you tells him, 'Go in peace; stay warm and well fed,' but does not provide for his physical needs, what good is that? So too, faith by itself, if not accompanied by action, is dead.

From where I sit, if my faith in this current climate is going to be expressed through love, one of the ways I could practically do that is through my taking serious a global pandemic, and doing my part to not spread a sickness that could literally be the death of someone, who perhaps is not a believer. Wearing a mask, then, could be a signal of faith and not of fear or charade participation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Yall seriously got me wondering what Jesus would do about wearing a mask. Honestly a valid question. There's so many verses to support either view. I really don't know. There's also no mention of him wearing gloves while healing lepers. I think he may say follow your heart.

It is a great question and hopefully will steer people to open their Bible, do some reading on the topic, pray for clarity, and keep an open mind that God’s answer may be different from their political view.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It is a great question and hopefully will steer people to open their Bible, do some reading on the topic, pray for clarity, and keep an open mind that God’s answer may be different from their political view.

Bingo! Maybe all of this is happening for a bigger reason than we all see and will indeed bring more people to Christ. In the end, that's what really matters. All eyes on him...

• Like 2

I do not know enough about any of this, you hear so many things. I've heard that when somebody dies and they test them for the corona virus and it is a positive test, that is what they have died of, even if there is a bullet hole in their body. I've known people who supposedly had it and never shown any symptoms. I agree with NB, from the day you're born, you are headed to your grave and when you go it's up to the big guy. when it is your time, it's your time and only he knows what day that is.

1 hour ago, Purpleforever said:

I do not know enough about any of this, you hear so many things. I've heard that when somebody dies and they test them for the corona virus and it is a positive test, that is what they have died of, even if there is a bullet hole in their body. I've known people who supposedly had it and never shown any symptoms. I agree with NB, from the day you're born, you are headed to your grave and when you go it's up to the big guy. when it is your time, it's your time and only he knows what day that is.

PF - while there is some truth to your statement that the Lord knows when your time will come before you are born, I believe God requires more of those who call upon His name and call themselves Christians.  I believe we are to strive everyday to share his Love with others, like Jesus did for us, so more people will Believe.  I don’t think we are here to “pray the prayer” and then not be intentional the remainder or our lives.  I do not believe you can ever lose your salvation once you ask for it, but we are reminded over & over in the scriptures to be active and not sit back and be a spectator.  

This is a great conversation and one I continue to study and pray about in hopes that more will do them same and God will get the glory from it.  Perhaps this whole quarantine is God’s way of removing distractions and providing us an opportunity to spend more time with our families and more time with Him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I agree with you that sitting back and being a spectator isn’t pleasing to our Father. We just disagree on what that action is. My conscience tells me to speak out on what is going on behind the scenes. It’s actually kinda tough. You actually get looked at like you’re crazy if you bring up spiritual realm things. Even with people you’ve known you’re entire life and attended church with. Even family. My wife refuses to talk about it. 

One last thing about the mask deal. I wear one every day. I’ve been growing broilers for 16 years. Every morning you walk into a house to pick up that days mortality. You can imagine the dust, manure, and feathers flying everywhere. Once we are done I remove my mask and blow my nose. Needless to say it’s not so pleasant looking. I’m almost certain the virus is 1,000 of times smaller than dust and litter particles. 

I have been in many chicken houses.  I know what you are describing.  And yes I can imagine the sight of that tissue!  But remember every reputable source says the same thing.  The mask you are wearing in the chicken house, and the mask I am wearing to Wal-Mart is not designed to keep us from getting Covid.  It will never work that way.  But if we both have one on in public places where we can’t social distance, source control is attained.

Well yes, the virus is small enough to pass through the mask, if you were literally just shooting a virus from your mouth/nose.

But the virus cannot travel on its own without a medium. It needs something to transport it. This particular corona virus travels via water droplets from our breath. The masks are quite effective at limiting the spread of those droplets, thus slowing/lowering the viruses chances of becoming airborne and being inhaled/incubated by a new host.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

https://tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov/t/THD/views/COVIDExternalQC/COVIDTrends?%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

This is a good website.  It shows TX cases and deaths by day on a graph.  It will even break it down by country.  Pretty slick site.  Cases have spiked but deaths have remained relatively flat since reopening.

This is good, and certainly the deaths declining is a good trend.  Let’s see what happens between now and July 18th.  That will give us an idea of the impact of all the backyard BBQ’s, impromptu fireworks get togethers, and the beach vacations.

42 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

This is good, and certainly the deaths declining is a good trend.  Let’s see what happens between now and July 18th.  That will give us an idea of the impact of all the backyard BBQ’s, impromptu fireworks get togethers, and the beach vacations.

Shouldn't be an issue unless symptomatic folks were out partying.

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Shouldn't be an issue unless symptomatic folks were out partying.

We can’t even agree as a society to the primary reason why a mask should be worn in public when social distancing cannot be attained.  Do you honestly think the majority of people who had a light cough, sniffle, or mild headache going into this weekend self-isolated out of precaution and missed all the festivities?  I hope I’m wrong.

5 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

This will all be over on the second Wednesday in November.  It will be a miracle how quick it goes away.

This is the greatest debacle in the history of the USA.

Schools in Texas NEVER should have closed in the first place.

#truth

• Thanks 1