Teaching Philosophy.

RETIREDFAN1

Now that I'm retired I can tell this....lol....i wrote lesson plans that the admin wanted to see....but I taught what I thought should be taught.....my lessons very rarely matched the lesson plans or the "prescribed curriculum" ......thats why my kids performed exceptionally well on the government standardized tests.....all that crap that comes from the "research" is worth less.....it was researched by LIBERALS and force fed to admins and teachers in in services and PLCs.....THAT is why public education has gone to pot.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Now that I'm retired I can tell this....lol....i wrote lesson plans that the admin wanted to see....but I taught what I thought should be taught.....my lessons very rarely matched the lesson plans or the "prescribed curriculum" ......thats why my kids performed exceptionally well on the government standardized tests.....all that #### that comes from the "research" is worth less.....it was researched by LIBERALS and force fed to admins and teachers in in services and PLCs.....THAT is why public education has gone to pot.......

Wow. Such a rebel by going against the grain teaching math 🙄

13 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Pythagorean?

Pythagoras was a weird dude. Ever read about him? He had a fear of beans, and the Pythagoreans actually kicked someone off their island because he showed that numbers weren't the nice, neat  things that the Pythagoreans thought they were. Or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Pythagoras was a weird dude. Ever read about him? He had a fear of beans, and the Pythagoreans actually kicked someone off their island because he showed that numbers weren't the nice, neat  things that the Pythagoreans thought they were. Or something like that.

Oh yes, western thought is very strange indeed - a lot of reincarnation myths which led to the  Hellenisation [sic] of the second temple period Jews. America is based on these Greco Roman ideals - but people still try to say it was based on Judeo- Christian ideals. The philosophers put a good “greecing” on the Hebrew Scriptures. 

16 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Now that I'm retired I can tell this....lol....i wrote lesson plans that the admin wanted to see....but I taught what I thought should be taught.....my lessons very rarely matched the lesson plans or the "prescribed curriculum" ......thats why my kids performed exceptionally well on the government standardized tests.....all that #### that comes from the "research" is worth less.....it was researched by LIBERALS and force fed to admins and teachers in in services and PLCs.....THAT is why public education has gone to pot.......

I just have to ask--what government standardized tests were your students taking? I mean if you live in Texas--in 8th grade there are 4 tests--Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies (usually more history than actual government)

Then in high school, standardized testing consists of English 1, English 2, Algebra, Biology, and United States History--Unless your school gave a special standardized test for government, like maybe their own EOC--there hasn't been a standardized government test in Texas in the last 25 years that I have taught here. There was of course that 3 year hiatus in Colorado from 2010-1013, and even they didn't have a standardized government test. 

Or I could be misinterpreting what you said--meaning your students did well on standardized tests given by the state? 

If so, I am sorry for misinterpreting. LOL

53 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I just have to ask--what government standardized tests were your students taking? I mean if you live in Texas--in 8th grade there are 4 tests--Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies (usually more history than actual government)

Then in high school, standardized testing consists of English 1, English 2, Algebra, Biology, and United States History--Unless your school gave a special standardized test for government, like maybe their own EOC--there hasn't been a standardized government test in Texas in the last 25 years that I have taught here. There was of course that 3 year hiatus in Colorado from 2010-1013, and even they didn't have a standardized government test. 

Or I could be misinterpreting what you said--meaning your students did well on standardized tests given by the state? 

If so, I am sorry for misinterpreting. LOL

Over 28 years there were MANY......lol...and yes I meant what you said near the end of your post.....

11 hours ago, Unashamed said:

1593010794330.png

It is.  It really really is. 

The Color of Crime, a booklet by white separatist Jared Taylor, uses faulty analysis in its claims that whites are overwhelmingly victimized by blacks.

Around the nation, white supremacists and their fellow travelers are brandishing copies of a 1999 booklet that purports to show that whites have every reason to be terrified of blacks. For people from former Klansman David Duke to an array of neo-Confederates, The Color of Crime: Race, Crime and Violence in America has become a kind of Bible that shows them that they were right all along.

Sponsored by the New Century Foundation, an organ of white separatist author Jared Taylor, The Color of Crime is being circulated in hard copy and via the Web site of Taylor's magazine American Renaissance.