SCOTUS retirements?

Sportsfanatic1

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

Joe Biden could appoint up to 4 different Supreme Court Justices, according to that article. That would work for me, then I believe that RBG would retire, after that was done, so that would be 5. 

You need to put down the crack pipe.

16 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Joe Biden could appoint up to 4 different Supreme Court Justices, according to that article. That would work for me, then I believe that RBG would retire, after that was done, so that would be 5. 

Interesting. You want judges that agree with you.

I want judges that are unbiased. That's what I want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Interesting. You want judges that agree with you.

I want judges that are unbiased. That's what I want.

I didn't say that, but I absolutely don't want 'conservative'  or 'liberal' choices to be party slanted, as we have now, with the exception of Roberts. 

25 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I didn't say that, but I absolutely don't want 'conservative'  or 'liberal' choices to be party slanted, as we have now, with the exception of Roberts. 

And do you believe that Biden would put up non-party slanted justices?

If I were President, what I would is get the leaders of each party (Pelosi, McCarthy, McConnell, and Schumer) to submit a list of three or four candidates that they all must agree upon.

Just now, Monte1076 said:

And do you believe that Biden would put up non-party slanted justices?

I would hope so. They should have a strong background of jurisprudence, have years of actual experience in deciding cases, be vetted by the American Bar Association, and they should have a spotless reputation of conduct. Where they go from there should be a good direction. 

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I would hope so. They should have a strong background of jurisprudence, have years of actual experience in deciding cases, be vetted by the American Bar Association, and they should have a spotless reputation of conduct. Where they go from there should be a good direction. 

What did you think of Gorsuch? Didn't he have all those qualities?

Unfortunately, I think gone are the days where we get near-unanimous confirmation of justices like we used to.

It's going to be interesting if Biden wins and the Republicans keep the Senate. Especially in the case of justices for SCOTUS.

16 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

What did you think of Gorsuch? Didn't he have all those qualities?

Unfortunately, I think gone are the days where we get near-unanimous confirmation of justices like we used to.

It's going to be interesting if Biden wins and the Republicans keep the Senate. Especially in the case of justices for SCOTUS.

I would say that Neil Gorsuch was not a bad pick, by and large. His ruling for LBGTQ rights was historic.

Kavanaugh didn't check all the boxes, I believe. 

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You like seeing our country swirl obviously

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Constitutional is the best.  I’d take a full panel of conservatives over liberals.  Liberals aren’t typically constitutionalists.  When the scotus is full of liberals you can kiss this country goodbye.  The constitution will become Toilet Paper

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Sounds the last two picks

• Thanks 1