Here's a BIG reason Covid 19 will not die out anytime soon .... $$$$$$$

KirtFalcon

Our government throwing endless money at the pandemic is actually fueling the flames .... KF

Fact check: Hospitals get paid more if patients listed as COVID-19, on ventilators

Michelle Rogers
USA TODAY Network

Our ruling: True

Jensen said, "Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it's a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

We rate the claim that hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19 and on ventilators as TRUE.

Hospitals and doctors do get paid more for Medicare patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or if it's considered presumed they have COVID-19 absent a laboratory-confirmed test, and three times more if the patients are placed on a ventilator to cover the cost of care and loss of business resulting from a shift in focus to treat COVID-19 cases.

This higher allocation of funds has been made possible under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act through a Medicare 20% add-on to its regular payment for COVID-19 patients, as verified by USA TODAY through the American Hospital Association Special Bulletin on the topic.

Our fact-check sources

Start investigating hospitals for insurance fraud and it dies down.

govt keeps telling us we need healthcare reform, when in fact it is the govt that’s been needing reformed.  40 year politicians lie Biden are and have been the problem

• Like 1

It's very telling that a lot of the sources for this are actually liberal sources ... even Snopes grudgingly rates it as mixed/true ...

I fear that if Congress passes another coronavirus stimulus, it will only pour billions more into the medical industry and you know hospitals, insurance companies, medical providers and career politicians and lobbyists will be licking their lips to get their meat hooks dug in ... the only way to stop this madness is to cut the $$$$ off ....

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Greedy insurance companies! I hate anyone who has ever worked for an insurance company, in any capacity! (Watch this...3, 2, 1...)

Insurance companies just play the cards they are dealt  ... they aren't any more to blame than all the other players .. 

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Greedy insurance companies! I hate anyone who has ever worked for an insurance company, in any capacity! (Watch this...3, 2, 1...)

Hospitals are far more greedy than insurance companies also.  They are the main reason that insurance rates are so high.  Insurance companies only make about a 3% profit.  Obamacare actually helped them make more money.  President Trump and Congress have helped the hospitals make even more money with their incentives to pay them more for Wuhan patients, and to place them on ventilators or in the case of my friend that had back surgery diagnose him with pneumonia, but I would not doubt for a second they listed it as Covid-19.  The hospitals also double bill insurance companies.  I blame hospitals far more than I do insurance companies, but that's because I've seen the billing of hospitals.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Hospitals are far more greedy than insurance companies also.  They are the main reason that insurance rates are so high.  Insurance companies only make about a 3% profit.  Obamacare actually helped them make more money.  President Trump and Congress have helped the hospitals make even more money with their incentives to pay them more for Wuhan patients, and to place them on ventilators or in the case of my friend that had back surgery diagnose him with pneumonia, but I would not doubt for a second they listed it as Covid-19.  The hospitals also double bill insurance companies.  I blame hospitals far more than I do insurance companies, but that's because I've seen the billing of hospitals.  

You would no believe the level of insurance fraud by doctors and hospitals, it's in the billions each year .... a big part of insurance company cost goes to investigating billing fraud ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

19 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Just telling it like it is .... 

Don’t confuse Larry with facts.   He starts doing a Linda Blair - levitating, head spinning and spewing a green pea soup like substance.

😂🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL! 1

21 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You would no believe the level of insurance fraud by doctors and hospitals, it's in the billions each year .... a big part of insurance company cost goes to investigating billing fraud ...

Oh, I know believe me.  If this is ever over we will see that they were doing far more looting than what we've seen by the "peaceful protesters".  

On 7/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, BarryLaverty said:

We all hate insurance companies. Just like a local lawyer.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, BarryLaverty said:

Barry I thought we were cool man. Lol . I cut maby big checks as an adjuster.

45 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Barry I thought we were cool man. Lol . I cut maby big checks as an adjuster.

Oh, I was just poking at Kirt, who swipes at insurance companies, even though he was employed by one for years, then he crawfished like a maniac! 😁

Last adjusters I have dealt with, for my roof and my daughter's wrecked car, have been awesome and fast and efficient to deal with, if that helps me recover.,😃

24 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

You act like he is stupid! Billionaire and made President. While your candidate can’t complete a sentence. Get some perspective.

I think, quite honestly, that he may be the proud record holder of lowest IQ ever to reside in the White House. I think it says more about our country that both claims are possible (and his $$$ is debatable) than it does about any intellectual abilities he has ever possessed. 

• LOL! 1

21 hours ago, mellon said:

We all hate insurance companies. Just like a local lawyer.

I think we only hate them, because of the premium prices, failure to pay for procedures that doctors prescribe, and now searching for a Doctor who the insurance companies approve of.  Much of that can be blamed on the ACA.  I know when I did have healthcare insurance, that I liked it, but I didn't have to pay for it since my employer paid the cost.  I only had the deductible to pay for and the prescriptions that I may have needed which were only $5 for all under that plan.  I never needed it, but my first wife did.  She had a precondition before we were married, but that insurance company paid for her entire medical procedures, and I never saw a bill.  The ACA has changed much of the costs that many insurance companies charge and will allow now.  That can only be blamed on the Democrats and President Obama that signed it into law.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think we only hate them, because of the premium prices, failure to pay for procedures that doctors prescribe, and now searching for a Doctor who the insurance companies approve of.  Much of that can be blamed on the ACA.  I know when I did have healthcare insurance, that I liked it, but I didn't have to pay for it since my employer paid the cost.  I only had the deductible to pay for and the prescriptions that I may have needed which were only $5 for all under that plan.  I never needed it, but my first wife did.  She had a precondition before we were married, but that insurance company paid for her entire medical procedures, and I never saw a bill.  The ACA has changed much of the costs that many insurance companies charge and will allow now.  That can only be blamed on the Democrats and President Obama that signed it into law.  

The last Dr I used said the ACA was making healthcare results driven.  He could push someone to lose weight to help their diabetes, but in time if the patient didn’t get better results the insurance companies would quit paying.  That seems to put all the responsibility on the dr.  In that case the dr could start declining patients that wouldn’t follow their plans to get healthier or make things better.  That shouldn’t be the way healthcare is.  

16 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The last Dr I used said the ACA was making healthcare results driven.  He could push someone to lose weight to help their diabetes, but in time if the patient didn’t get better results the insurance companies would quit paying.  That seems to put all the responsibility on the dr.  In that case the dr could start declining patients that wouldn’t follow their plans to get healthier or make things better.  That shouldn’t be the way healthcare is.  

Actually, it sounds like it places more responsibility on the patient to lose the weight and do what it takes to control their diabetes.  Of course an insurance company isn't going to keep paying for beating a dead horse so to speak.  Doctors are limited with what they can do in helping a patient live a healthier lifestyle, but if they chose not to that's not on them.  I do know that some Doctors also milk the system to bring in more revenue.  I've either read about it or was given first hand information on them doing so.  

Nobody can tell me some of the prices they charge for certain things are as exorbitant as they charge for them, especially when they buy in bulk.  I understand a slight up charge, but not $30 for a band aid, that I have personally seen.  I understand the overhead in hospitals as well all the way from salaries to equipment and items that have to be disposed of properly since they can no longer be used again.  I also realize that many hospitals have patients that never pay their bills, which raises the cost for everyone else.  Just as with insurance companies, hospitals are also bean counters and they factor in what it will cost to stay open even with non profit hospitals that can still bring in a profit to remain open in the future.  Oftentimes hospitals will try to double bill insurance companies, and if their accountants and actuaries don't catch it, and they pay it they have to eat the cost.  They then pass it down to someone who can afford to pay it.

Do I wish it could be fixed ? Yes, but that's a pipe dream.  If the Government ever takes over healthcare then we're in the same situation as VA hospitals are.  Are we seeing any improvement with more Government assistance now ?  I think it's become worse.