Are Criminals now exempt from Racial descriptions?

Coach Rab

This is a sad sad story.  I went through 3 different links on CBS Austin before I found any description of the suspects they are looking for....

Started here then clicked a related link in the story after wondering "how are we supposed to know anything about these suspects?"  https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/police-identify-man-who-died-after-being-shot-while-selling-ice-cream-in-north-austin

It brought me to here... still no description of the murderers... https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/man-selling-ice-cream-shot-during-attempted-robbery-in-north-austin-apd-says

Then finally, I found the link in the story linking you to the Austin police department were you can finally find out that they were not just 3 males, but 3 black males...  https://mailchi.mp/austintexas/apd-news-releaseaustin-police-department-seeking-assistance-with-aggravated-robbery-investigation

It is still annoying that you can't find a description of the clothes etc that these people were wearing...  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

This is a sad sad story.  I went through 3 different links on CBS Austin before I found any description of the suspects they are looking for....

Started here then clicked a related link in the story after wondering "how are we supposed to know anything about these suspects?"  https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/police-identify-man-who-died-after-being-shot-while-selling-ice-cream-in-north-austin

It brought me to here... still no description of the murderers... https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/man-selling-ice-cream-shot-during-attempted-robbery-in-north-austin-apd-says

Then finally, I found the link in the story linking you to the Austin police department were you can finally find out that they were not just 3 males, but 3 black males...  https://mailchi.mp/austintexas/apd-news-releaseaustin-police-department-seeking-assistance-with-aggravated-robbery-investigation

It is still annoying that you can't find a description of the clothes etc that these people were wearing...  

Maybe nobody saw the shooting, and found the man after it had happened. I know that could happen in my neighborhood, because I rarely see people outside unless they are in their cars or getting into their cars.  

On 7/2/2020 at 1:55 PM, MavGrad99 said:

How does 3 black males help any? Unless you can give detailed description, I don't see the point in saying the race. That black male description doesn't workout for law abiding citizens like me .

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

How does 3 black males help any? Unless you can give detailed description, I don't see the point in saying the race. That black male description doesn't workout for law abiding citizens like me .

It eliminates a lot of potential suspects. It is one of the first descriptors to consider when looking for a suspect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It eliminates a lot of potential suspects. It is one of the first descriptors to consider when looking for a suspect.

I'm going to need them to be a lot more descriptive than that. I'm going to need height, clothing, hairstyle. Black descriptor takes out half of the population but with not much more it comes to random people getting arrested.

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

I'm going to need them to be a lot more descriptive than that. I'm going to need height, clothing, hairstyle. Black descriptor takes out half of the population but with not much more it comes to random people getting arrested.

It is like separating anything quickly, where time is critical. Investigation is time sensitive, and the first step is eliminating  whole groups in order to find the actor. Stop acting like you wouldn’t do the same thing if you were doing an investigation. You would & you know it.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It is like separating anything quickly, where time is critical. Investigation is time sensitive, and the first step is eliminating  whole groups in order to find the actor. Stop acting like you wouldn’t do the same thing if you were doing an investigation. You would & you know it.

I even admitted it took out half the population. I get it.jjst said I wished the descriptors were more detailed. Never acted like I wouldn't do the same. Only said I wanted more. Saying black narrows it down to blacks but at that point you're at a stand still till there's more information. Don't put words in my mouth. Now if you can quote me on something that's different.

Just now, ctown81 said:

I even admitted it took out half the population. I get it.jjst said I wished the descriptors were more detailed. Never acted like I wouldn't do the same. Only said I wanted more. Saying black narrows it down to blacks but at that point you're at a stand still till there's more information. Don't put words in my mouth. Now if you can quote me on something that's different.

I wasn’t trying to do that. Simply stating that time is a critical factor in getting to the person responsible as quickly as possible. Of course there many other things to consider, but in a crime investigation, that is usually the first hurdle.

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

What if they said 3 Hispanics?  Or 3 Asians?  Just saying 3 men, you literally leave open the entire gender.  So 3 black males or 3 white that were acting suspicious in that area helps a whole hell of a lot more than 3 men

You replied to me who also said we needed better details, but I believe the news purposely left out “black”... since their report was almost word for word what the APD report said without “black”

When a getaway car is used, the First description normally used is color; this allows Law Enforcement to cull most vehicles in their search for the suspect(s). Wasting time stopping every vehicle allows the guilty party to escape detection. Color, whether it pertains to a vehicle or a person is an invaluable factor in solving crime. Of Course, once color has been determined, further information becomes paramount. 

If something happened at The BET awards show, Then, things could get interesting!😛js 

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

Yea you're old lol. BET awards look like an integration convention. Been white owned (Viacom) for at least 15 years. Haven't watched BET in 15 years. I promise it's not bc of ownership.

It ain’t a matter of age; although I suppose I am, compared to yourself and some other folks in SDC... I just can’t get into Rap music Or those who perform it. I am more of an old school country & Rock & Blues fan.😋

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

What if they said 3 Hispanics?  Or 3 Asians?  Just saying 3 men, you literally leave open the entire gender.  So 3 black males or 3 white that were acting suspicious in that area helps a whole hell of a lot more than 3 men

Mav you seem like you have a normal mind and you've actually been outside of a small town setting. So your suspicious may look different than someone else's and that's where the problem lies. You may see me and think I'm as dangerous as Wayne Brady but others may see "Straight Outta Compton" .

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It ain’t a matter of age; although I suppose I am, compared to yourself and some other folks in SDC... I just can’t get into Rap music Or those who perform it. I am more of an old school country & Rock & Blues fan.😋

I love certain old school country songs like The Gambler and Coward of the County. You should see the episode of married with children when Al Bundy starts watching rap videos on mute bc he hated the music but loved the videos.

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I love certain old school country songs like The Gambler and Coward of the County. You should see the episode of married with children when Al Bundy starts watching rap videos on mute bc he hated the music but loved the videos.

Ol’ Al was a hoot!😂

Mav you seem like you have a normal mind and you've actually been outside of a small town setting. So your suspicious may look different than someone else's and that's where the problem lies. You may see me and think I'm as dangerous as Wayne Brady but others may see "Straight Outta Compton" .

I agree, and there are many in my neighborhood that would be alarmed at a black man dressed like a gangster.  I don’t think it is because they are racist.  It would be because it is completely out of the norm for this area so it would raise some major alarms.  

I just think this news report should give as many facts that are made available to them if they are truly trying to help identify a criminal.  Leaving out “black” could lead to wild goose chases if this was a busy apartment complex.  I also feel uneasy that the only description they have of the 3 males were 1) they are male and 2) they are black.  What are they wearing?  Surely if you saw that they were black you could at least say jeans and tee or hoodie...  seems like sloppy police work too

24 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I agree, and there are many in my neighborhood that would be alarmed at a black man dressed like a gangster.  I don’t think it is because they are racist.  It would be because it is completely out of the norm for this area so it would raise some major alarms.  

I just think this news report should give as many facts that are made available to them if they are truly trying to help identify a criminal.  Leaving out “black” could lead to wild goose chases if this was a busy apartment complex.  I also feel uneasy that the only description they have of the 3 males were 1) they are male and 2) they are black.  What are they wearing?  Surely if you saw that they were black you could at least say jeans and tee or hoodie...  seems like sloppy police work too

That's the thing. I don't dress thuggish at all. Being black is enough to look suspicious to some. May not be your mindset but you know it's true.

27 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

That's the thing. I don't dress thuggish at all. Being black is enough to look suspicious to some. May not be your mindset but you know it's true.

So, your pants don’t sag and you don’t hold them up when you walk?  GOOD! That’s the dumbest 💩 I see black folks do.🙄

56 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So, your pants don’t sag and you don’t hold them up when you walk?  GOOD! That’s the dumbest 💩 I see black folks do.🙄

God no. Anyone who shows their butt in public has a mental problem. Tried it as a child though, but my dad's belt changed that. With that being said, I think skin tight wranglers are just as bad.

• Like 1