The Smoakhouse Forums
Raiderfan7000

The Washington Football Team

FedEx threatens to pull out sponsors along with Nike and Pepsi. Washington Warriors is name pushed around as a replacement. Washington Americans (Go with Nats theme and DC. Washington Liberals is a joke replacement. I bet the name gets changed since we are sticking with this change. 

Cowboys- Um cows are bad. They fart and produce gas that damages the ozone. It's also offensive to Vegans. Boys is so misogynous.

I think they should change their name to the Organic People. That way no one is offended.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Cowboys- Um cows are bad. They fart and produce gas that damages the ozone. It's also offensive to Vegans. Boys is so misogynous.

I think they should change their name to the Organic People. That way no one is offended.

Giants- makes fun of the vertically gifted and the vertically challenged

49ers- hillbillies who pillaged the land, killed Native Americans in their hunt for gold

Browns- just really, really bad at football

Packers- slaughtering animals is nothing to be proud of

Chargers- electricity is evil, solar power is better

Bengals- endangered species

Titans- supports Greek mythology which is full of rape and misogyny 

Jets- supports air pollution, rich people and mocks the ground based

Bears- named after animals is bad, named after a group of alternative lifestyle men is brave and courageous 

Buccaneers- rapists, pillagers, Congressman is the more PC term

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Giants- makes fun of the vertically gifted and the vertically challenged

49ers- hillbillies who pillaged the land, killed Native Americans in their hunt for gold

Browns- just really, really bad at football

Packers- slaughtering animals is nothing to be proud of

Chargers- electricity is evil, solar power is better

Bengals- endangered species

Titans- supports Greek mythology which is full of rape and misogyny 

Jets- supports air pollution, rich people and mocks the ground based

Bears- named after animals is bad, named after a group of alternative lifestyle men is brave and courageous 

Buccaneers- rapists, pillagers, Congressman is the more PC term

That's a wrap!!

I don't like it one bit.  The term if people would research it was not coined by white people, but Native American Indians.  It was their way to describe themselves.  Just as the 60's and 70's slogan of "Black is Beautiful" they were proud of their Red skin.  There is nothing dishonorable about the color of their skin or anyone else's skin color.  To say that it is racist is beyond belief, because why would they use a wonderful logo of a proud Red skin warrior on their helmet ?  I am part Cherokee and Blackfoot Indian that has been watered down by other races in my skin, and I am not offended by the name, and every summer I try to get the skin tone of part of my family.  I do not know why some think the name is racist.  Coming from a large family that lived off the land as farmers and dairymen the term redneck never bothered me either.  It means you are a hard worker that isn't afraid to toil and work in the burning sun, and to enjoy the fruits of your labor by the sweat of your brow.  It's shameful that many feel that it disparages Native American Indians.  Yet, we are where we are, because some think that it is.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't like it one bit.  The term if people would research it was not coined by white people, but Native American Indians.  It was their way to describe themselves.  Just as the 60's and 70's slogan of "Black is Beautiful" they were proud of their Red skin.  There is nothing dishonorable about the color of their skin or anyone else's skin color.  To say that it is racist is beyond belief, because why would they use a wonderful logo of a proud Red skin warrior on their helmet ?  I am part Cherokee and Blackfoot Indian that has been watered down by other races in my skin, and I am not offended by the name, and every summer I try to get the skin tone of part of my family.  I do not know why some think the name is racist.  Coming from a large family that lived off the land as farmers and dairymen the term redneck never bothered me either.  It means you are a hard worker that isn't afraid to toil and work in the burning sun, and to enjoy the fruits of your labor by the sweat of your brow.  It's shameful that many feel that it disparages Native American Indians.  Yet, we are where we are, because some think that it is.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Who’s more offended? The woke social justice warriors wanting the name changed or the people who say they are okay with the team being named after them? The name has been taken from a derogatory term to one of pride. Kinda sounds familiar.

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Who’s more offended? The woke social justice warriors wanting the name changed or the people who say they are okay with the team being named after them? The name has been taken from a derogatory term to one of pride. Kinda sounds familiar.

I already knew of this poll when it first came out 10 years ago or more.  They want change for simply the power rush they get.  Only the newer generation is upset about the name, because they are told to be offended by it by liberal white people.  Are they ashamed of the color of their own skin ?  It's possible, and I wouldn't rule that out.   Be proud of it, and not ashamed.  The Redskins name and logo honor Native American People, and maybe why they don't want the team named the Redskins anymore is because they haven't won a Super Bowl since 1991.  If they were winning then I think it would be different.  People don't like to be associated with a loser.   

• Like 2

Why is the Redskins name so important to you guys? I wouldn't want a team call the Sambos and white people come to the games in black face, and making a mockery out of a great culture. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Why is the Redskins name so important to you guys? I wouldn't want a team call the Sambos and white people come to the games in black face, and making a mockery out of a great culture. 

It's the principal of the thing. We shouldn't allow a minority of supposedly  "offended" people most of whom aren't even native Americans to bully an organization into something like this.  The politically correct "I am offended" crowd has to be beaten back or this stuff will never end .... 

Hell, I am offended by a lot of things, do I get to demand they are removed too? ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Because even the Indians by a vast majority are not offended by it.....the only ones offended are white college communist punks who want to bring their Marxist revolution to fruition......

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Because even the Indians by a vast majority are not offended by it.....the only ones offended are white college communist punks who want to bring their Marxist revolution to fruition......

And how do you know the mass majority of Native Americans are not offended? The fact you said Indians says a lot lol

Edit: Just in case you Cote the Washington Post phantom data poll 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/02/21/a-new-study-contradicts-a-washington-post-poll-about-how-native-americans-view-the-redskins-name/

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

And how do you know the mass majority of Native Americans are not offended? The fact you said Indians says a lot lol

Edit: Just in case you Cote the Washington Post phantom data poll 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/02/21/a-new-study-contradicts-a-washington-post-poll-about-how-native-americans-view-the-redskins-name/

Fake News....there are plenty of polls that say INDIANS aren't offended.......

3 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Fake News....there are plenty of polls that say INDIANS aren't offended.......

The fact that you put Indians in all caps means I'll be wasting precious time out my life debating this with you. Have a blessed day Colmes.

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

The fact that you put Indians in all caps means I'll be wasting precious time out my life debating this with you. Have a blessed day Colmes.

You as well......

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

They are sadly mistaken if they think the "fans" will accept this nonsense ...

Washington Libtards.......

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Did you notice who the Redskins mentioned first? Sponsors. It’s all about the benjamins.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Did you notice who the Redskins mentioned first? Sponsors. It’s all about the benjamins.

Yes, outside interests with political and monetary reasons calling the shots ... sad ....

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Smh