My COVID Story

CarthDawg77

On June the 10th, I left Carthage to deliver a truck to Pennsylvania for a  dealership; It’s about 1450 Miles to where I was taking the Truck, so I left at about 02:30 AM. I only stopped for fuel, lunch & bathroom breaks along the way. 

I rolled into Roanoake, Virginia at about 7:00 PM (about 1020 Miles), since COVID was everywhere, apparently, I wore a full face mask whenever I was outside the truck. I rented a motel room after eating a burger in the vehicle. I had the desk wake me at 3:30AM the next morning (June 11th) & drove the remaining 450 Miles to the customer’s office. Upon taking delivery of the truck, the customer had an employee drive me back to Scranton to a motel. My flight back to Shreveport was for Saturday Morning at 10:00, so I ate lightly & slept about 9 hours of much needed sleep. The motel is about a five minute shuttle ride from the Airport. I arrived about 90 minutes early so I could get through Security with time to spare. 

This was not a one way flight to Shreveport; I flew to Charlotte, North Carolina (which has a much larger airport than Joe Biden’s hometown of Scranton, Pa.

There were 29 passengers & crew on the American Eagle from Scranton; Every seat was taken & about 25% of the passengers were not wearing masks.

I had a 3 hour layover in Charlotte, so I first found my departure gate, before navigating among the sea of humanity there & shelling $22 bucks for One Michelobe Ultra 😳😱 and $15 bucks for a Slice of decent pizza. 

There were all types of folks in Charlotte; it was a Zoo. Most people HAD masks; although Most of them wore them on their Chins without covering their mouth or nose. I guess folks in Charlotte breath through their chins.... The flight to Shreveport was uneventful. 

The follwing Monday, I had a headache & the Scours...and beginning to develop a tickle in my throat which became a dry irritating cough. Also, NO Appetite. I finally went to a clinic to see a PA that I dated about 16 years ago, after I lost my first wife. I wouldn’t allow them to test me for COVID, because I would not want a false positive to put me on a list somewhere. She checked my breathing & my lungs were clear but my temp was 99.4 so I asked for a prescription of antibiotics to take with me . About the same time I started feeling bad, so did my wife; seems there were some of her co-workers (who are Medical folks) who Also were showing signs of COVID and were beginning to miss work because of it. She went and came back positive ( same symptoms as I had), so we both had it at the same time. We are both well now & she goes back to work next week. 

If what I had was COVID, the worst part for me was the fatigue & the cough. I Did lose 15 pounds though!  Much fuss about nothing, mostly. Seems COVID attacks those who are elderly and have compromised  lung problems (smokers,& diabetics) 

I think COVID is real, but in over 95% of cases, it is survivable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

On June the 10th, I left Carthage to deliver a truck to Pennsylvania for a  dealership; It’s about 1450 Miles to where I was taking the Truck, so I left at about 02:30 AM. I only stopped for fuel, lunch & bathroom breaks along the way. 

I rolled into Roanoake, Virginia at about 7:00 PM (about 1020 Miles), since COVID was everywhere, apparently, I wore a full face mask whenever I was outside the truck. I rented a motel room after eating a burger in the vehicle. I had the desk wake me at 3:30AM the next morning (June 11th) & drove the remaining 450 Miles to the customer’s office. Upon taking delivery of the truck, the customer had an employee drive me back to Scranton to a motel. My flight back to Shreveport was for Saturday Morning at 10:00, so I ate lightly & slept about 9 hours of much needed sleep. The motel is about a five minute shuttle ride from the Airport. I arrived about 90 minutes early so I could get through Security with time to spare. 

This was not a one way flight to Shreveport; I flew to Charlotte, North Carolina (which has a much larger airport than Joe Biden’s hometown of Scranton, Pa.

There were 29 passengers & crew on the American Eagle from Scranton; Every seat was taken & about 25% of the passengers were not wearing masks.

I had a 3 hour layover in Charlotte, so I first found my departure gate, before navigating among the sea of humanity there & shelling $22 bucks for One Michelobe Ultra 😳😱 and $15 bucks for a Slice of decent pizza. 

There were all types of folks in Charlotte; it was a Zoo. Most people HAD masks; although Most of them wore them on their Chins without covering their mouth or nose. I guess folks in Charlotte breath through their chins.... The flight to Shreveport was uneventful. 

The follwing Monday, I had a headache & the Scours...and beginning to develop a tickle in my throat which became a dry irritating cough. Also, NO Appetite. I finally went to a clinic to see a PA that I dated about 16 years ago, after I lost my first wife. I wouldn’t allow them to test me for COVID, because I would not want a false positive to put me on a list somewhere. She checked my breathing & my lungs were clear but my temp was 99.4 so I asked for a prescription of antibiotics to take with me . About the same time I started feeling bad, so did my wife; seems there were some of her co-workers (who are Medical folks) who Also were showing signs of COVID and were beginning to miss work because of it. She went and came back positive ( same symptoms as I had), so we both had it at the same time. We are both well now & she goes back to work next week. 

If what I had was COVID, the worst part for me was the fatigue & the cough. I Did lose 15 pounds though!  Much fuss about nothing, mostly. Seems COVID attacks those who are elderly and have compromised  lung problems (smokers,& diabetics) 

I think COVID is real, but in over 95% of cases, it is survivable.

Just a question and you don't have to answer......Just curious what your age is?

34 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Thanks!

I will say this; Before this, I have never been a fan of Tylenol. It just never really did much for a headache in my experience. However, it does a great job in fever reduction, which is critical in treating COVID... Every household should keep an ample supply on hand. Even Dollar Store Acetominophen, (generic Tylenol) does a great job in lowering fever.

• Like 1

Glad you made it through okay. Makes me wonder, even more, how many people have had it and never knew it. I've talked to a lot of folks that said they had symptoms like those, months ago before they were testing. Some as far back as November. I don't think I'd want to be tested either. In fact I probably wouldn't go to the doc unless I passed out and my wife took me lol. Shoot, I haven't even had a shot since I was 9, and I'm only a year younger than you...

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Glad you made it through okay. Makes me wonder, even more, how many people have had it and never knew it. I've talked to a lot of folks that said they had symptoms like those, months ago before they were testing. Some as far back as November. I don't think I'd want to be tested either. In fact I probably wouldn't go to the doc unless I passed out and my wife took me lol. Shoot, I haven't even had a shot since I was 9, and I'm only a year younger than you...

Too many false positives for me to even consider having something shoved through the nose to the back of your throat.... “Thanks, But NO Thanks!”😠

Wasn't there a country in africa that sent off samples taken from flowers and fruit that came back positive for coronavirus.  Here's your sign!

Glad you survived the "plague" Carth!  Wouldn't be the same around here without ya!

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Wasn't there a country in africa that sent off samples taken from flowers and fruit that came back positive for coronavirus.  Here's your sign!

Glad you survives the "plague" Carth!  Wouldn't be the same around here without ya!

Thanks, ‘91.... I just got off of suspension (Better part of 3 days for potty mouth) and although I was able to react to people’s posts, I was barred from posting...😱 Never Again!😜

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Thanks, ‘91.... I just got off of suspension (Better part of 3 days for potty mouth) and although I was able to react to people’s posts, I was barred from posting...😱 Never Again!😜

Yea, I'm glad you're okay now too 👍. That Geritol & buttermilk had your immune system ready for the Covid huh? 😉😁

Suspension? Potty mouth? Whoa, there!! I don't believe that for a second. I say it's a conspiracy to keep the RIGHT man down, lol.

Which snowflake got you riled up? 

4 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Yea, I'm glad you're okay now too 👍. That Geritol & buttermilk had your immune system ready for the Covid huh? 😉😁

Suspension? Potty mouth? Whoa, there!! I don't believe that for a second. I say it's a conspiracy to keep the RIGHT man down, lol.

Which snowflake got you riled up? 

Colmes; aka WestHardin Czar... He’s the one who canned me; don’t Know exactly which post got me though!😜

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Colmes; aka WestHardin Czar... He’s the one who canned me; don’t Know exactly which post got me though!😜

🤔 hhhmmm. Must've been political pressure and false affidavits going against you. "Someone" must have secret unsavory pics on Westhardin to make him do that. I call for an investigation!!! 🤪

• LOL! 1