Trump: 'Teachers Teach Hate'

BarryLaverty

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Think some of you would be very scared and nervous about the future, as most students out there today are tilting very heavily toward progressive ideas. They can be very rabid about certain topics, and they don't like Trump at all, as a rule. 

Some College professors push their ideas instead of the actual material.  I just took a GoveRnment class at Panola, that professor let the material do the talking.  There were a couple of liberal kiddos that couldn’t stand the heat in the discussions either.  They’d get upset because their views would get destroyed.  Their views were socially engrained in them too.  Even at a young age liberals can’t stand to be wrong

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Think some of you would be very scared and nervous about the future, as most students out there today are tilting very heavily toward progressive ideas. They can be very rabid about certain topics, and they don't like Trump at all, as a rule. 

BS......

2 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I am scared of Biden presidency . This is the End . I don’t prefer corruption and destruction. Some aren’t raised right.

Biden is bought and paid for.  

I wish Crenshaw would have run for president.  

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Kids today have the world at their finger tips  through the internet from their cellphones.  They can look up anything in a minute, and see what is really going on.  Thy can Skype anybody in the world and ask them how things work in their country.  Some people are just scared of change.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/06/18/following-trumps-protest-antics-young-voters-turn-hard-against-him-according-to-exclusive-new-poll/#4c0feb9a363d

A full 60% of Gen-Z and Millennials disavowed the president’s reaction to the George Floyd protests, as Biden captured a two-to-one lead. 

Protesters gather along 16th Street NW near the White House during George Floyd protests on June 6, 2020, in Washington, D.C. PHOTO: SAMUEL CORUM/GETTY IMAGES

Last month’s installment of the Forbes Under 30 Survey, Powered by John Zogby Strategies—a recurring poll of likely voters between the ages of 18 and 29—showed a beleaguered President Trump floundering in the race against former vice president Joe Biden. Following his response to the recent Black Lives Matter protests, the president’s outlook has grown dimmer still. Since May, Trump’s share of likely voters has dropped from 34% to 31%, and Democratic nominee Joe Biden now polls with a two-to-one advantage against the sitting president. While Biden has long held an edge over his opponent within the Millennial and Gen-Z cohort, this new lead—60%—is his largest yet. The uptick in support marks an increase of nearly 10% since the Forbes Under 30 Voter Survey debuted in January.

• Roll Eyes 1

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Would you like a person if all you heard everyday from the media was negative? So in reality, you have a bunch of students that re getting just one side of the story--do you take the time to discuss his good contributions to society? Do you provide a different point of view than the media's? Or do you just allow your students to rant and rave and show their hatred to the President of the United States? There is a difference in defending the President and defending the President as part of a democracy--do you do either? 

As much as I hate, personally, I am always taking the opposite view of the majority of students in a class--I have taught over 20 years of government, and while I am fiscally conservative with taxpayer funds, I am truly left of moderate when it comes to social aspects. 90% of my students have loved my classes, 2% tolerated me, and 8% learned what they needed to, despite me. LOL. 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, BarryLaverty said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/505841-trump-children-are-taught-in-school-to-hate-their-own-country%3famp

Public school teachers I know teach critical thinking, encourage freedom of expression, and problem solving. The hatred for racism, bigotry, prejudice, inequality comes naturally after that. 

I teach hate...  "I hate when you only half ass do something."  "I hate failing you."  "I hate that most of you kids are lazy."

I wish I could understand why kids do those things above.  When I was in HS, I always did what I was supposed to :p  

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I teach hate...  "I hate when you only half do something."  "I hate failing you."  "I hate that most of you kids are lazy."

I wish I could understand why kids do those things above.  When I was in HS, I always did what I was supposed to :p  

Beats me why Anyone would want to be a teacher these days... No discipline, the students ignore you( I’m guessing here) and there’s not a damn thing you can do to them... “No Thank you.....”🙄

This explains much about society today.

52 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Beats me why Anyone would want to be a teacher these days... No discipline, the students ignore you( I’m guessing here) and there’s not a damn thing you can do to them... “No Thank you.....”🙄

This explains much about society today.

I get in so much crap because if a kid ignores me and doesn't do their work I just fail them.  I know we are in a "no fail" society (Thanks Bush family), but I can't stand kids not trying.  If they try and fail, I do everything I can to help that kid get through it.  If they do nothing and fail and try to cheat, I will fail them with a 40ish... I want their parents to see how hard they tried.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I get in so much #### because if a kid ignores me and doesn't do their work I just fail them.  I know we are in a "no fail" society (Thanks Bush family), but I can't stand kids not trying.  If they try and fail, I do everything I can to help that kid get through it.  If they do nothing and fail and try to cheat, I will fail them with a 40ish... I want their parents to see how hard they tried.

“Why isn’t our Children Learning?”

-George W. (Dumbya) Bush

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had paid more attention in school; I know I am smarter than my grades reflected... I think I had what is known these days as Attention Deficit Disorder; Unless I found topics very interesting, my mind wandered. I did poorly in English, yet I get irritated when people misuse words or misspell them. History was always my favorite subject, because my teacher, Mrs. Betty Bounds was a great teacher who would challenge you openly in class to participate in discussions about whatever she was teaching that day. She was a remarkable educator! She passed away a few years ago. They don’t make them like her these days, I suppose.

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I get in so much #### because if a kid ignores me and doesn't do their work I just fail them.  I know we are in a "no fail" society (Thanks Bush family), but I can't stand kids not trying.  If they try and fail, I do everything I can to help that kid get through it.  If they do nothing and fail and try to cheat, I will fail them with a 40ish... I want their parents to see how hard they tried.

I saw an article once a few years back about some school district that instituted a policy of making 50 the lowest grade a student could get on something. I've seen other stories where they have implemented policies where teachers could no longer grade with red pens, because I guess if there's too much red on their paper it hurts their feelings or something.

I've seen other stories (I think one was out of California -- surprise) where an English curriculum stated that they shouldn't count off for spelling, and should let kids spell words however they wanted. Because it was more about "the message" than the spelling.

So U culd rite a gr8 sentens lik thiz

And nothing would happen from a spelling perspective.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

I saw an article once a few years back about some school district that instituted a policy of making 50 the lowest grade a student could get on something. I've seen other stories where they have implemented policies where teachers could no longer grade with red pens, because I guess if there's too much red on their paper it hurts their feelings or something.

Hell, I had some papers handed back that looked crime scenes! I turned out alright....🤨

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I've seen other stories (I think one was out of California -- surprise) where an English curriculum stated that they shouldn't count off for spelling, and should let kids spell words however they wanted. Because it was more about "the message" than the spelling.

So U culd rite a gr8 sentens lik thiz

And nothing would happen from a spelling perspective.

I think we have the same policy.  Someone said "If a kid makes a 50, you aren't trying hard enough to help that kid."  I argued back "Or the kid just doesn't want to be here."  They didn't like that...  but i wasnt teaching at that time lol

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think we have the same policy.  Someone said "If a kid makes a 50, you aren't trying hard enough to help that kid."  I argued back "Or the kid just doesn't want to be here."  They didn't like that...  but i wasnt teaching at that time lol

Sadly, too often that is the case.

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

People would laugh at my grades for my senior year for elective courses.  I only had to go from 10:30-2:30, because I had already fulfilled my graduation requirements except for Government that we couldn't take until our senior year.  The highest grades I had that year were Government and History.  The lowest was a 19 for one six week period, because I hated the course so I didn't do any daily assignments and I randomly chose letters on the scantron test sheets we were given for tests.  I wonder if they even use those anymore.  I can understand how it could happen to a senior in High School, but the rest I didn't understand.  Since High School, I wish I was still there.  Those were the easiest days of my entire life.  I had no worries except girls, owning a car, keeping the car running, my music collection, and working my part time jobs to have fun on the weekend.  Life was so much easier in school.  As Eddie Money sang in "I Wanna Go Back" I would, but not in the world we live in today,  because who knows if there is even going to be school.