Let’s talk about masking up.

TheShadowKnows

25 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If you are talking about U.S. it was capitalistic values it was founded on. The founding Fathers were "business men" who wanted Independence so they could make more money .  

The religious values the US was founded on were Christian.  They economy was capitalistic.  Two different things.

8 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

The religious values the US was founded on were Christian.  They economy was capitalistic.  Two different things.

Yea my ancestors may see that part differently. A lot of non Christian tactics as used to get the revolution started (i.e. antagonizing soldiers to set up the Boston Massacre)

44 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Yea my ancestors may see that part differently. A lot of non Christian tactics as used to get the revolution started (i.e. antagonizing soldiers to set up the Boston Massacre)

So revolting against a tyrannical government is now considered un-Christian.  I don't buy it.  It can't be argued that the US was not founded on Christian values.  Did folks in the US do things that were un-Christian?  Yes.  We all have and do.  We are human as were our founders.

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Being a Christian doesn’t mean you don’t stand up for what’s right or fight from time to time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Being a Christian doesn’t mean you don’t stand up for what’s right or fight from time to time.

Not trying to be funny but  i thought people new the whole story behind the Massacre. The founding Fathers were responsible for getting the crowd riled up  with the intention of gaining sympathy for the revolution. - Not Christian to lead people to death just for your cause.

Boston Tea Party- The founding fathers (tea smugglers,)threw tea overboard because of competition. The East India Company would have sold tea for a much cheaper price to the colonists and it would have made the smugglers obselete. - not christian

Many slaves assisted the  Revolution with a promise of freedom they never received- Not Christian

Revolution was started because of the almighty dollar. Rich business owners wanted to keep their money to themselves instead of participating in Mercantilism.

I know it's easier to believe the other versions but truth is truth. 

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

So revolting against a tyrannical government is now considered un-Christian.  I don't buy it.  It can't be argued that the US was not founded on Christian values.  Did folks in the US do things that were un-Christian?  Yes.  We all have and do.  We are human as were our founders.

The government that the founders created was Greco-Roman in all aspects. Democracy is a Greek concept. The idea of separation of church and state was a Greek idea.  
when Jesus entered the city on a donkey the Jews shouted “Hosanna” - the Greek word for hosanna comes from a Hebrew form of a word that means “liberate” The Jews wanted a revolution to over throw the Roman Government. They wanted someone to lead an insurrection against tyrannical Rome. When Pilate asked who he should release: Jesus or Barabbas (the insurrectionist) the chief priest and elders (Hellenized Jews) encouraged the people to choose to free Barabbas.  So I ask you when did Christ fight against a tyrannical government? 

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Not trying to be funny but  i thought people new the whole story behind the Massacre. The founding Fathers were responsible for getting the crowd riled up  with the intention of gaining sympathy for the revolution. - Not Christian to lead people to death just for your cause.

Boston Tea Party- The founding fathers (tea smugglers,)threw tea overboard because of competition. The East India Company would have sold tea for a much cheaper price to the colonists and it would have made the smugglers obselete. - not christian

Many slaves assisted the  Revolution with a promise of freedom they never received- Not Christian

Revolution was started because of the almighty dollar. Rich business owners wanted to keep their money to themselves instead of participating in Mercantilism.

Most do not realize that Paul Revere with his engraved depiction of the Boston Massacre was the “fake news” of that time. 

6 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

The government that the founders created was Greco-Roman in all aspects. Democracy is a Greek concept. The idea of separation of church and state was a Greek idea.  
when Jesus entered the city on a donkey the Jews shouted “Hosanna” - the Greek word for hosanna comes from a Hebrew form of a word that means “liberate” The Jews wanted a revolution to over throw the Roman Government. They wanted someone to lead an insurrection against tyrannical Rome. When Pilate asked who he should release: Jesus or Barabbas (the insurrectionist) the chief priest and elders (Hellenized Jews) encouraged the people to choose to free Barabbas.  So I ask you when did Christ fight against a tyrannical government? 

I never said he did

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I never said he did

You said you didn’t buy that revolting against tyranny is un-Christian. I asked you to show me how it is. If indeed you define the term “Christian” as being Christ-like and the term “un-Christian” as not being Christ-like. The Kingdom of God is not a democracy or a Republic. It is a kingdom with a sovereign, holy, just and merciful King. 

14 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Most do not realize that Paul Revere with his engraved depiction of the Boston Massacre was the “fake news” of that time. 

Probably the most famous fake news in history.  Their level of propaganda is unmatched.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Being a Christian means you stand up for what is right ALL of the time. But the battle is not ours to fight. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

You said you didn’t buy that revolting against tyranny is un-Christian. I asked you to show me how it is. If indeed you define the term “Christian” as being Christ-like and the term “un-Christian” as not being Christ-like. The Kingdom of God is not a democracy or a Republic. It is a kingdom with a sovereign, holy, just and merciful King. 

2 hours ago, ObiOne said:

There is my quote.  I don't believe it goes against the values of the Christian religion to revolt against a tyrannical government.  Feel free to disagree.

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

There is my quote.  I don't believe it goes against the values of the Christian religion to revolt against a tyrannical government.  Feel free to disagree.

Ephesians 6:12 is not speaking about tyrannical governments. 

Christianity is not a “religion” of “values” it is a relationship and is based on truth not values. Feel free to disagree. 

All of what you say is true,  and the US was whole heartedly founded on Christian values. Both are true. 

Those people were tired of the tyrannical king as well.  You are assuming they didn’t know what was going on.sure there was some opposed to a war, but I voted against Obama and had to deal with it for 8 years.  

so Christians can’t misbehave, make stupid decisions or hurt people either?  Which church do you go to?  I’ll avoid it.  

2 of the Framers, John Hancock and Sam Adams, were involved in the tea party.  They were signers if the declaration, but not typically considered to be two of the 7 key founding fathers.  I hope you’re not a history or govt teacher.  

I can’t speak on the slaves that fought and didn’t rec freedom, but it is taught in history that many did.  

I guess you can rewrite history and govt if you want to but I’ll pay attention to the version that is well documented.  

one can read the constitution and quickly see that most of the Framers were not atheists.  The largest portion were Protestant, Presbyterian or Congregationalist.  A small few were Deists whom believe in a god or creator, but not specifically a messiah.  I think about 12-13 were ministers.  

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

👆Ginormous word salad with loaded question at end. 

WE LIVE IN A REPUBLIC!!! lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Those people were tired of the tyrannical king as well.  You are assuming they didn’t know what was going on.sure there was some opposed to a war, but I voted against Obama and had to deal with it for 8 years.  

so Christians can’t misbehave, make stupid decisions or hurt people either?  Which church do you go to?  I’ll avoid it.  

2 of the Framers, John Hancock and Sam Adams, were involved in the tea party.  They were signers if the declaration, but not typically considered to be two of the 7 key founding fathers.  I hope you’re not a history or govt teacher.  

I can’t speak on the slaves that fought and didn’t rec freedom, but it is taught in history that many did.  

I guess you can rewrite history and govt if you want to but I’ll pay attention to the version that is well documented.  

one can read the constitution and quickly see that most of the Framers were not atheists.  The largest portion were Protestant, Presbyterian or Congregationalist.  A small few were Deists whom believe in a god or creator, but not specifically a messiah.  I think about 12-13 were ministers.  

Well documented version? Are you really that blind to believe what a history book tells you. You should really research. For example, funny you mentioned the constitution. Other than the year of Lord, can you fine ONE mention of God, Jesus and/or Christianity.

You should also fact check this quote

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
—John Adams

Or go back to believing obvious propaganda about our founding fathers. 

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Riiiiiigggggghhhhtttt. 

She is correct. The revolution did not start until after the Revolution. At the end of the day, the majority of it was obvious propaganda to get an agenda across. It'd be hard to find historians who denies the engravings obvious lies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Christianity is not a “religion” of “values” it is a relationship and is based on truth not values. Feel free to disagree. 

Are the Ten Commandments not values? We’re Christ’s teachings not of values to hold yourself to? I’m confused now lol