Let’s talk about masking up.

TheShadowKnows

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

What does any of this have to do with masks?....

Do not choose to be common but uncommon.  Seek opportunity not security.  Do not wish to be kept a citizen and have the state look after you.  You should take a calculated risk.  Dreams result in building.  You may fail once but you will always succeed.  Never cower to a master or bend to a threat.”

Here’s a mask quote for you!!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Do not choose to be common but uncommon.  Seek opportunity not security.  Do not wish to be kept a citizen and have the state look after you.  You should take a calculated risk.  Dreams result in building.  You may fail once but you will always succeed.  Never cower to a master or bend to a threat.”

Here’s a mask quote for you!!

No “masks” mentioned....😉

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

No “masks” mentioned....😉

Excerpt from Common Sense, written in 1776 by Thomas Paine

I do not choose to be a common man.
It is my right to be uncommon … if I can.
I seek opportunity … not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
Humbled and dulled by having the State look after me.
I want to take the calculated risk,
To dream and to build. To fail and to succeed.
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
The thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
I will not trade freedom for beneficence
Nor my dignity for a handout
I will never cower before any master
Nor bend to any threat.
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid;
To think and act for myself,
To enjoy the benefit of my creations
And to face the world boldly and say:
This, with God’s help, I have done.
All this is what it means to be an Entrepreneur.

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Nor bend to any threat.

But where's the mask?

• LOL! 2

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Nor bend to any threat.

I get your point, but masks are not mentioned, only the freedom to be free from Government security.(Masks, if you will)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Well documented version? Are you really that blind to believe what a history book tells you. You should really research. For example, funny you mentioned the constitution. Other than the year of Lord, can you fine ONE mention of God, Jesus and/or Christianity.

You should also fact check this quote

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
—John Adams

Or go back to believing obvious propaganda about our founding fathers. 

And I ask you where I said it was founded on the Christian religion?  There are Christian principles in the constitution.  I merely defended the principles of Christianity.  You were saying the founders weren’t Christlike, I just said that Christians can make stupid decisions and aren’t perfect.  But history does tell you the biggest portion of the framers believed in higher power, mostly God.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Nor bend to any threat.

Could you tell me which section of Common Sense that excerpt is from? I do have my own copy of that pamphlet and can’t seem to locate it -  Just give me the title of the section. That excerpt sounds more like something from Dean Alfrange’s poem, but he could have taken it from Paine.

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Are the Ten Commandments not values? We’re Christ’s teachings not of values to hold yourself to? I’m confused now lol

Values? Maybe more like virtues. they were given to the Jews not only to Christians, Jesus actually raised the bar in His teachings (Sermon on the Mount) ie: hate = murder 

Hold ourselves to? If one could hold themselves to them, what need would we have for a savior?

They are Commandments 

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Well mask are for the greater good and people who refuse to where them are not Americans.  They're communist who want us all to die. At this point I'm just waiting for @WestHardinfan1 to come yell at me.

A mask is not going to prevent anyone from dying.  You can still catch the Wuhan even while wearing a mask.  The Wuhan is not going to kill everybody, otherwise it would be a much higher percentage now of deaths they would be in the 10's of millions.  I only properly wear a mask when I'm at work for only about 25% of the time that I am there.  If I'm not around someone or I'm 6 feet away from them in the BOH I don't properly wear it.  I would say I've worn a mask maybe 1% or less since this started.  I have yet to contract the virus.  If masks were so effective why were they not required from the beginning instead of 3 months into it ?  If you feel a mask is going to protect you, then you have a false sense of security with their effectiveness, just as gloves are not foolproof.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

A mask is not going to prevent anyone from dying.  You can still catch the Wuhan even while wearing a mask.  The Wuhan is not going to kill everybody, otherwise it would be a much higher percentage now of deaths they would be in the 10's of millions.  I only properly wear a mask when I'm at work for only about 25% of the time that I am there.  If I'm not around someone or I'm 6 feet away from them in the BOH I don't properly wear it.  I would say I've worn a mask maybe 1% or less since this started.  I have yet to contract the virus.  If masks were so effective why were they not required from the beginning instead of 3 months into it ?  If you feel a mask is going to protect you, then you have a false sense of security with their effectiveness, just as gloves are not foolproof.  

Please tell me which restaurant you work at so that I can avoid it. 

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Could you tell me which section of Common Sense that excerpt is from? I do have my own copy of that pamphlet and can’t seem to locate it -  Just give me the title of the section. That excerpt sounds more like something from Dean Alfrange’s poem, but he could have taken it from Paine.

It’s Dean’s, I was to lazy to cut the top off. But I’m sure you already knew that.

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

How incredibly nice of you

I’m just saying that if he’s only wearing his mask 25% of the time then I don’t think I’d want to eat there. There’s no telling what he and his coworkers are contaminating. 

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Values? Maybe more like virtues. they were given to the Jews not only to Christians, Jesus actually raised the bar in His teachings (Sermon on the Mount) ie: hate = murder 

Hold ourselves to? If one could hold themselves to them, what need would we have for a savior?

They are Commandments 

Some of them are values and some are virtues. So because we can’t hold ourselves completely to it we shouldn’t try?? What good is being commanded “virtues” if there is no way to uphold it?  You are purposely being a contrarian for no reason. 

4 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

I’m just saying that if he’s only wearing his mask 25% of the time then I don’t think I’d want to eat there. There’s no telling what he and his coworkers are contaminating. 

#### for you and flu season. 

side question, if masks work for influenza type viruses like covid then why don’t we all wear one every flu season?

1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

Go to YouTube and check out the “factories” that Make those masks if you Really want to see horror...

54 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

So, you've gone through your whole life wearing a mask huh?

56 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

It’s Dean’s, I was to lazy to cut the top off. But I’m sure you already knew that.

I knew I could not locate that excerpt in my copy of Common Sense. I am curious why you would quote a Greek and then be too lazy to not correct the false attribution to Paine. 

54 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Some of them are values and some are virtues. So because we can’t hold ourselves completely to it we shouldn’t try?? What good is being commanded “virtues” if there is no way to uphold it?  You are purposely being a contrarian for no reason. 

I never said anything about not trying. There IS a way - but not without Jesus. He is the way.

1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

Please tell me which restaurant you work at so that I can avoid it. 

Does it matter if I'm not around you ?  I can't infect you if I'm not around you.  Do you wear your facial mask if you're at home or  asleep or maybe you need a CPAP. I don't so when I'm not around people I don't cover my nose, because I need oxygen.  If you're this scared, then you truly need to stay at home.  I'm checked twice a week for the Wuhan, guess what ?  Nothing.  Don't even come into a restaurant, and stay out of the grocery store where everyone from production to shipping has touched your goods.  I tell you what it would be better for you to grow your own produce and vegetables, but it's a little bit late in the season to do that especially with the Texas heat.  Do you think everyone else has their mouth and nose mask on 24/7 ?  Think, think, think are you that dumb ?